TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Mustang Spy Video Footage

ColdwaterHotrod

Nice find Coldy. :happy feet:

+1

...fall of 2009 he said?? Hmmmm... that's new news! Not sure he's right either. Maybe the 3.5V6EB and 5.0 phase in then, but I understand it's an early J1 for the '10 MY :headscratch: Wonder if the economic slowdown is now pushing things to the right?

(Btw, SEMA released B.Priddy pic of cloaked 2010 Taurus with 3.5 EcoBoost: 350HP, 400Tq! I posted linky in new thread earlier.)

+1

...fall of 2009 he said?? Hmmmm... that's new news! Not sure he's right either. Maybe the 3.5V6EB and 5.0 phase in then, but I understand it's an early J1 for the '10 MY :headscratch: Wonder if the economic slowdown is now pushing things to the right?

(Btw, SEMA released B.Priddy pic of cloaked 2010 Taurus with 3.5 EcoBoost: 350HP, 400Tq! I posted linky in new thread earlier.)

2010 should hit showrooms Feb 2009

The 2008 is scheduled to end Jan 31st 2009

• 2 weeks later...

Will be interesting to see how much they reveal at LA.

Here's what I've heard/surmise is in the works for '10MY:

-300HP I-4 GTDI (EcoBoost) SVO (reportedly under consideration -- leaked about the same time GM leaked the DI turbo-4 is under consideration for the Camaro). This would seem to repalce the 3.5 or 3.7 na V6?? :shrug:

-350+ HP GTDI 3.5 V6 (might this become the standard GT engine?)

-475HP 5.0 alloy revised modular DOHC-GTDI BOSS (summer?)

-500HP GT500 (will it get the CAI/tune at 540HP?)

-540HP GT500KR (will it get the TVS at 605HP?)

Will there be an n.a. 5.0L revised modular with GDI (no turbo) for the GT. I've heard of no GDI for the 4.6 3V ...does that mean if carries over as C&D said or is replaced by the 3.5 GTDI?

I think the gas crunch may be changing which irons Ford decides to pull oput of the fire and when. Camaro reportedly will not offer the pushrod V6 and will offer Caddy DOHC GDI V6 as the base engine with two vette-derived V8s. Contrary to GMs word from 2 years or so ago that SS badging will only go the bada$$ versions in the future, C&D reports SS badging will be slapped on both the well-equipped V6 and V8, if I understood them (brief read at newsstand). Also, said the Camaro V6 GDi will come in around 3600lbs and the alloy V8s at 3900lbs or so -- still several hundred pounds heavier than comparable mustangs (depending on engine offerings)?

Will be interesting to see... I'd sure think the bow-tie boys are also holdong-back a S/C'd V8 derivative of the 'vette/CTSv?

and too think i thought the 200six in my buddys 66 sprint sport coupe waqs a decent plant..350HP out of a six with decent mileage would be unreal

:) Those Falcon Sprints were nice ...and very light too ...under 2800lbs with the 271HP 289, if I recall Was a guy in Astoria where I grew up who had one that he claimed was stock but it used to blow off stock Hemi 'Cudas at the Connecting Highway so I think he was definately lying :shades: :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

Nice find Coldy!! :happy feet:

Question for the group, with the recent rise in fuel prices, the staggering losses announced by Ford and GM and the strategic realignment by both organizations do we really believe Ford will produce a Boss 302 Mustang that is anything other than a tape and stripe package? I'm seriously considering a Saleen H302 (despite the astronomically high price) if Ford can't deliver a real Boss 302. Thoughts?

I guess things could change but with mustang making money and the Boss 5.0 in the pipeline it would seem essential to recoup the already-sunk investment and follow through in some material way. To do otherwise would be to attempt to write off against a tape and sticker program which makes less sense to me since the BOSS buyer would more than likely reject such an offereing.

Also Ford has just put an experienced pioneer pro-5.0 racer and engineer in charge of Racing Technology (Brian Wolfe) and the muscle car wars would seem to necessarily wind up in a brand competition if for no other reason than the crowds it can draw at the road-course tracks around the country that I think are eagerly awaiting another factory-bodied race venue.

Also, I think a GTDI 5.0 BOSS -- assuming for a moment that particular incarnatuion gets the nod -- will play well to green performance advertising against Camaro and Chally since it's cruise milage is likely substantially better than even a stock 4.6 3V and GM doesn't have the magic of a 3150 lb aero-'vette to fall back with the 3920 lb SS hi-po Camaro and the DCX Hemi is not an especially efficient motor. I'm thinking that between now and 2011 it's full-on-go to get the products in the pipeline onto the street before the next CAFE hurdle and recoup the investment. After that, the game's likely the same but with tougher numbers. Just my take, Steve -- dunno.

Besides, it would seem the market for a Ford factory hi-po road-car is still largely untapped. But anything can change. :shrug: If Obama makes the White House I think all bets are off since he's affiliated with so many who have self-servingly determined that cars are evil and unnecessary planet-destroying protoplasm transport machines that must be extirpated from the face of the earth. :hysterical:

That will be a battle-royal, imo, that will shake the very roots of what a democratic society is about but, in the short term, I think fuel-efficiency in the performance segment (as in all others) will be the focus and a 5.0 GTDI BOSS could be the poster child for that segment, imo. Possibly it will even run on 87 octane too as Ford recently announced a policy statement that ALL future Ford cars will run equally well on on regular or premium with only about a 5 HP/Tq spread.

The Saleen looks to be a great choice too, but, come what may, the same parameters will apply all the way around. Hopefully a gen-u-ine factory offering will have substantially better price points if it can ship in some volume and that may be where the efficiency of GTDI pays off for the enthusiast. Maybe between the BOSS and a derivative GT350 there will be sufficient demand/volumes to make that a true statement. :shrug:

Dan

Hope you are right Dan and the 2010 Boss 302 Mustang has already developed, all the R&D dollars spent and the production model locked and loaded, ready for launch next summer. I certainly hope Ford sees fit to produce a real, genuine corner carving, lightweight fire breathing Boss 302 Mustang before this latest "gas crisis" and the "environmentalists" attempt once again to stamp out "evil" high performance cars. I would greatly prefer a factory produced Boss 302 over a Boss 302 intimidator from a tuner shop but if Ford can't see fit to produce one, Saleen certainly has the formula figured out (albeit at a much higher price of admission).

Given the current political "winds" it would seem big "changes" are in store for the auto industry and America as we know it. Pretty soon we may all be commuting to work via the Wedway People Mover (of Disney World FL fame) leaving our ozone depleting, tree killing dino juice guzzling pollute mobiles as an item for the history books. I say we start a grass roots political campaign to save America - DAN for President!! Ok, who's with me?!?!?

:hysterical2:

A BOSS IN EVERY GARAGE!!!

FREE NITRO[methanne] WITH AARP MEMBERSHIP!!!

FREE CAMBER PLATES IN EVERY GIANT CRACKERJACKS!!!

I heard from a fellow who was considering the [original mustang] Arning/CTM T5 IRS for his GT500 that Saleen has asked CTM what it would take for a beefed version that would handle 600HP/Tq :spiteful: ...called it Super Saleen ...next year ...but that's all I've heard. Have no idea how much 'fudge-room' is that 600 but still makes ya wonder what they're up too. :spiteful:

Slot Cars! I want my old Cox Chaparral back!

:idea::hysterical3:??

I had GT40 slot in the early 60s -- bubble-molded clear plastic you paint from the bottom ;-) ...rewound the motor for more speed ...brass tube chassis I designed ...they were so much fun! (still have it in the basement somewhere).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived