TEAM SHELBY FORUM

O6 Hertz 20,000miles for sale

JimC

Hi Shirley here.

I really want a bullet but since they do not come with an auto trans, I found an 06 Shelby H model but do not know what a fair price would be, can anyone help please.

20k miles

Good condition not great but not beat up.

It is sitting on a dealer lot.

A/C

Cruise control

Shaker 500

Auto trans

Jim says it lacks power but shifts well, runs smooth and handles well.

Paint is ok has some chips

Interior is ok

Jim says it will make a good commuter for me, enough power to cruise the freeway nicely without going heavy on the gas peddle and has good handling ability.

The dealer wants 42k put thats sounds like way to much. New C/S start in the 20k range, I tink it woud be fun to have my H car sitting next to Jim's SS at a car show.

Hope you can help me.

Thank You

Shirley

Edit: Fixed "shifts" misspelling ;)

I was at the Kruse auction a couple of months ago, I watched most of the (82) 2007 GT-H covertibles that went thru the sale & even the roughest one with 22,000 miles on it brought in the low 30's. Most went for 33k. The cleanest & lowest mileage car having 7,000 miles on it brought 43.5k & that's for a convertible GT-H. Most of the other cars needed some type of work to be restored; from missing the shelby lettering, to small dents, bad stripes, missing the plaque decal on the dash or front brake rotors that were "Blue" in color from being raced on the weekends. Hope this helps. Coldy :cold:

I was at the Kruse auction a couple of months ago, I watched most of the (82) 2007 GT-H covertibles that went thru the sale & even the roughest one with 22,000 miles on it brought in the low 30's. Most went for 33k. The cleanest & lowest mileage car having 7,000 miles on it brought 43.5k & that's for a convertible GT-H. Most of the other cars needed some type of work to be restored; from missing the shelby lettering, to small dents, bad stripes, missing the plaque decal on the dash or front brake rotors that were "Blue" in color from being raced on the weekends. Hope this helps. Coldy :cold:

Yes it does thanks,

Would the hard top be worth more then the convertibles?

Shirley

No Shirley

the coupe is less money and the vert weighs more.

I to would like a vert Mustang but not now.

It seems like a lot of money how long has it been on the lot?

Tell Jim I said hi and when is the SS going to be done. We need a drive by

Art

Thanks Art for the info,

I can see by your car, you are the Art from Livermore, Jim was trying to get a hold of you, he will post his picture in a week or two.

Stay in touch.

Shirley

It is sitting on a dealer lot.

Well that kind of says something. If this was a year ago I would say that $42k isn't a bad price but with the economy the way it is I'd say you could do better. It just depends on how quick you want a Hertz.

I'm also in the market for an 06H but for $42k I'd want to see half the miles that this one has.

If it was me I'd probably walk into the dealer with a firm offer to buy at $37k but to do this you have to be prepared to walk.

Good luck

Steve

The price should be dictated by how many folks drove this car. The more who drove it, the less the $$$ it should be. After all, 50 drivers might have treated it well, and then there's that one guy who drove it into the ground. Really dogged it (i.e. in about 6K miles things will start showing up).

Let the buyer beware.

That is a lot of miles for a GT-H. The coupes have been sold in the low 30's so I think this is about 10K too high. (in my humble opinion).

Good luck in your search.

I too have an automatic and the Hertz rental experience and SGT option were deciding factors too.

Hello Jim and Shirley.

Thank you for stopping by the other night to look at our GT-H. Our car has only 15,227 miles on it.

The listed price for this vehicle is $42,999. In California, we are limited to selling a vehicle at the advertised price. So, if i listed this vehicle for less money and then came across someone willing to pay more for it, i would not be legally able to sell it for the higher price. Therefore, we list our vehicles at the top of the market knowing that we can reduce the asking price for a serious customer. We do not do this to upset people but to be legally compliant.

I believe you are a serious customer and i would love to see you own this vehicle. How many people in America get to drive a car as cool as this daily?

Please contact us at your convenience.

Sincerely,

Erich Haidlen

Hello Jim and Shirley.

Thank you for stopping by the other night to look at our GT-H. Our car has only 15,227 miles on it.

The listed price for this vehicle is $42,999. In California, we are limited to selling a vehicle at the advertised price. So, if i listed this vehicle for less money and then came across someone willing to pay more for it, i would not be legally able to sell it for the higher price. Therefore, we list our vehicles at the top of the market knowing that we can reduce the asking price for a serious customer. We do not do this to upset people but to be legally compliant.

I believe you are a serious customer and i would love to see you own this vehicle. How many people in America get to drive a car as cool as this daily?

Please contact us at your convenience.

Sincerely,

Erich Haidlen

Thank you for your honest answer,

Bottom line is at our dealer Westside Ford they would have given us the bottom line instead of waiting to see if they could get more money out of us. That is why we like and trust them.

We told you right from the start, they are our dealer and would be a hard act to beat.

We were straight-up front with you. No lies no B/S we put the ball in your court and you made the play.

Thank you we will pass on your offer as it stands.

I do not think Jim would buy it now.

It's funny, Especially to see the name of the dealership selling the GT-H. I spoke to someone at that same dealership in late March / Early April about a GT-H before I bought mine. I wonder if it was the same one that you are looking at. I am guessing that it is as it is the same price that they told me over the phone.The salesman also said he would see what he could do on the price and he would call me back.Needless to say I never did hear back from them.I guess I did'nt sound serious enough over the phone.I bought mine for more than 10K Less than there advertised price with 19,000 miles on it. $10 Grand for 4,000 miles difference.I think I'll keep the money and I only had to drive 1 state away to get it instead of cross country. It all worked out for the best.Good luck in your search.

James

It's funny, Especially to see the name of the dealership selling the GT-H. I spoke to someone at that same dealership in late March / Early April about a GT-H before I bought mine. I wonder if it was the same one that you are looking at. I am guessing that it is as it is the same price that they told me over the phone.The salesman also said he would see what he could do on the price and he would call me back.Needless to say I never did hear back from them.I guess I did'nt sound serious enough over the phone.I bought mine for more than 10K Less than there advertised price with 19,000 miles on it. $10 Grand for 4,000 miles difference.I think I'll keep the money and I only had to drive 1 state away to get it instead of cross country. It all worked out for the best.Good luck in your search.

James

Most likely is the same car, Jim heard it had been there for awhile.

I liked that car, oh well, I'll find mine when the time is right, I am not in any hurry, I can wait for the right car. I think I will look into a Shelby GT, to see if it come with an automatic. Glad to here you made a better deal closer to home, good for you.

Shirley

Most likely is the same car, Jim heard it had been there for awhile.

I liked that car, oh well, I'll find mine when the time is right, I am not in any hurry, I can wait for the right car. I think I will look into a Shelby GT, to see if it come with an automatic. Glad to here you made a better deal closer to home, good for you.

Shirley

Shirley,

Don't know if you've already bought a car or not, but I have a GT-H purchased in Sept 07 at a Ford Dealer in GA. Car has 19,700 mi but in mint condition. Its registered with Shelby and I have all documentation. I am putting it up for sale and if you are interested, I can send pics. Recently won 2nd place award at local Ford show competing against newer Shelby GTs ie 350s and 500s. Car is located in Atlanta area.

Thanks,

Hal (770) 596-1093

Archived