TEAM SHELBY FORUM

#115 is Home in Northern California

switz

OK, I am going to give the whole story so....

My daughter, Shelby, and I got on a plane and arrived in Vegas. Since she hadn't seen Vegas before, I flew in a day early to give her a chance to look around. We check into the Luxor which is a nice hotel and they were offering some pretty good rates for Vegas at $79.00 a night. Here is Shelby in the lobby:

shelby-luxor.gif

We went to New York and rode the coaster. It was a rip off at $14.00 per person but what the hell, we were in Vegas. We then went to the MGM to pick up our David Copperfield tickets and then went to Caesars Palace to go shopping. She was completely blown away.

shelby-caesars.gif

shelby-caesars1.gif

steve-caesars.gif

steve-shelby-caesars.gif

Then back to the MGM where we had dinner at this pretty exclusive Chinese restaurant. Dinner for the two of us was $160.00 (no alcohol as she is 17). Then off to Copperfield.

shelby-magic.gif

shelby-magic1.gif

The show was OK but I felt Copperfield was kinda just walking through it. Then I wanted to let her see Vegas with all the lights. We took a cab to the end of the strip going up the Stratosphere Tower. It is over 1000 feet tall and the view is just crazy.

shelby-strat.gif

We went back to the Luxor and called it a night.

The next morning, we got up early and off to Shelby! As we entered, we were met by Adrienne. Holy cow, what a vivacious personality. She is full of energy and, I get the feeling she might be fun to go have a beer with. It took a while to have her get my paperwork so we looked around the museum.

shelby-adrian.gif

shelby-ac1.gif

Continued in part two

Part two:

shelby-ac.gif

Then we met Amy. This lady is all class. She had a great conversation with my daughter about her career (and what a career it is). It was very exciting for my daughter and Amy couldn't have been nicer. She is a role model for females and can show them that anything is possible. My daughter was so impressed (me too).

shelby-amy.gif

shelby-adrian-amy.gif

steve-amy.gif

Then, it appeared! I can't tell you how good this car looked. Here is a picture of Shelby, standing in front of my Shelby which was parked in front of Shelby :hysterical:

shelby-front-shelby.jpg

We went to eat at the Shelby Café and I must say the cheese burgers are like I had when I was a kid, very good! My daughter commented that it was pretty cool that her name was all over the place; even on the placemats.

shelby-cafe.jpg

shelby-cafe1.jpg

shelby-cafe2.jpg

After saying our good byes, off we went. I had to stop every 25 miles or so to break in the rear end. No big deal as it gave me time to admire the car.

side-car.jpg

Continued in part three

Part three:

gas-station.jpg

gas-station1.jpg

So, off we go for home. We live in a town called Nevada City. It is an old 1800's mining town in the Sierra Foothills. It is truly God's Country with tall pines and cedars. The entire downtown (what little of it there is) is a Historical District. It is like walking back into time. There are some great 1800's mansions that have been turned into b&b's, so, if you want a nice place to come, let me know.

Driving Impressions:

Wow, I can't tell you how insane this car is. I grew up in the muscle car era. In high school I had a GTO with a six pack and I got rid of that to get a 1968 GT500 vert. I have also owned a 1968 GT350 vert and a 1967 GT500 fastback. The acceleration of the Super Snake is like nothing I have ever driven. It is so different than the stock GT500 and there is no comparison. The car ran flawlessly except for one time I felt two "blips" that felt like for a split second there was no fuel. This happened during 105 degree heat and only for a split second. I got concerned because I was in the middle of nowhere and I really didn't want to take Amy up on her offer of coming to get me if anything happened :yup:

I babied her during the entire time home never exceeding 80 MPH and never hitting the accelerator hard. I expected the suspension to annihilate my kidneys but it was actually very smooth. There was one part of roadway that was terrible and I felt every bump. But, it would have been a rough ride in any car.

Overall Impressions:

The fit and finish is aw some. I am impressed with everything and very few will find anything to bitch about. The car is stunning in looks and I love the new sound of the exhaust. It is not too loud and to me is just right. The sound of the new super charger makes me giddy. It sounds so cool that it is hard to explain. If you compare a KR with an SS for me the SS wins hands down. Looks, power, for me it's easy.

Oh, if you are going to keep your car pretty stock, I can't recommend a couple of changes more. The first would be the shifter. The short-throw-shifter makes such a difference I can't even begin to tell you. I can't understand why Ford didn't do this stock as it would have been fairly cheap and it is like night and day. Another thing is the rear-end. I was always a little disappointed in the "pop" of the car taking off. The rear end would make such a difference.

The Folks at Shelby:

I just want to say thanks to everyone we met. They not only made me feel welcome but everyone really went out of their way to make my daughter feel special. Adrienne, Amy, Dale, Bud bud.jpg, Donnie (I hope I didn't miss anyone) were all great. The thing that sticks out is they are all so passionate about their job and cars. I want to thank them all for not only making me feel great about being there, but making this a day my daughter won't soon forget.

High res pics to follow later today.

That's it,

steve

Oh, one last thing: There was a thread from a member asking if he sould name his daughter Shelby. If you ever plan on taking her to SAI, she will be treated like a queen.

Thanks for the story and pics.

When it comes to Amy's team in Vegas you will never hear anyone say "this is just a job" these folks are dedicated to making the best product at an affordable price and prove this each and every day.

Now about this $79 Luxor price............................

Steve

WOOHOO!! What a great story! :) I know I said it in the other post but it was a pleasure meeting you and your daughter, Shelby! She was a sweetheart! I am glad that your trip went good, except for that one "blip". :car: The picture of your daughter with her feet up on the dash ROCKS!! :)

You were both so down to earth. I love it! We get people of all type's. Those that are detail oriented, who will look over every inch and square of their car before leaving us. Those that jump in and go and don't give it a second thought. Those that are buying the car as an investment and those that are driving their car everyday. You were a mixture. You were loving your car but you could tell by looking at you and how you reacted to it that you would ENJOY it. You would drive and make sure it gets the road time it deserves. I appreciate that so much.

Amy makes it "cool" to be a girl in this industry. This is not an industry made for girls and a lot of times, us "car loving girls" get the short end of the stick. Amy is making it better for those of us that would love to have a career in this field. I too was, and still am, impressed by her and the way she runs this buisness.

If no one has said it to you yet... Let me be the first...

Welcome to The Shelby Family! :grouphug:

Adrienne

Steve, congratulations to you and your family on taking delivery of your Super Snake. My best wishes to all of you, and may you have many, many, happy years and miles with your car.

"There's nothing like a Shelby"

Arent these cars AWESOME!!! And I will say the same about the folks at SAI. They are excited about making these cars as we are about driving them.

Thanks for the pictures and not only welcome to the Shelby family, but the Super Snake family.

michael morris

OOPS left a couple of things out. I got excited about you getting your car. Looks like Shelby had a great time. I cant wait for my kid to be born and old enough we can do things like that together. I know yall had a great time together!

One last thing! Did the SS blow ALL your HAIR OFF!!!! :hysterical: J/K

Great story and Beautiful car. Can't wait for the high res pics. Tell your daughter she should keep her feet off the dash of this machine or you'll floor it and send her to the back seat! :hysterical:

Superb story, thanks for sharing.

You guys are lucky to be able to collect your cars from their 'birth-place' - from all the stories I've read on here, it is quite an experience and made all the better by the excellent people who work at SAI!

Enjoy your new car, she is a beauty! :beerchug:

Steve, congratulations to you and your family on taking delivery of your Super Snake. My best wishes to all of you, and may you have many, many, happy years and miles with your car.

"There's nothing like a Shelby"

+1 :happy feet:

Way to go Steve

The next morning, we got up early and off to Shelby! As we entered, we were met by Adrienne. Holy cow, what a vivacious personality. She is full of energy and, I get the feeling she might be fun to go have a beer with. It took a while to have her get my paperwork so we looked around the museum.

I had the same impression of Adrienne. That's why I call her "Bubbles!"

Great story and pics! Thanks!

I must say it was a great pleasure meeting the both of you too. That is what makes this job NOT a job, but a pleasure. So, did you let Shelby drive the Shelby yet? :hysterical: Like I said while you were here, it's a great car for her to learn in :peelout:

Oh, btw, here is a pic he did NOT want you all to see.......here is a pic of his dog going for a ride :hysterical:

toofast1.jpg

Take care and enjoy your SS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bud

Another great shelby story.

Congratulations and enjoy your car, #115 looks magnificent.

My kids new dream is to visit the shelby factory, but there gonna have to wait awhile haha.

Looks like you and your daughter had a wonderful road trip.

Cheers.

p.s Bud.... Love the dog hahaha....

Part three:

gas-station.jpg

gas-station1.jpg

So, off we go for home. We live in a town called Nevada City. It is an old 1800's mining town in the Sierra Foothills. It is truly God's Country with tall pines and cedars. The entire downtown (what little of it there is) is a Historical District. It is like walking back into time. There are some great 1800's mansions that have been turned into b&b's, so, if you want a nice place to come, let me know.

Driving Impressions:

Wow, I can't tell you how insane this car is. I grew up in the muscle car era. In high school I had a GTO with a six pack and I got rid of that to get a 1968 GT500 vert. I have also owned a 1968 GT350 vert and a 1967 GT500 fastback. The acceleration of the Super Snake is like nothing I have ever driven. It is so different than the stock GT500 and there is no comparison. The car ran flawlessly except for one time I felt two "blips" that felt like for a split second there was no fuel. This happened during 105 degree heat and only for a split second. I got concerned because I was in the middle of nowhere and I really didn't want to take Amy up on her offer of coming to get me if anything happened :yup:

I babied her during the entire time home never exceeding 80 MPH and never hitting the accelerator hard. I expected the suspension to annihilate my kidneys but it was actually very smooth. There was one part of roadway that was terrible and I felt every bump. But, it would have been a rough ride in any car.

Overall Impressions:

The fit and finish is aw some. I am impressed with everything and very few will find anything to bitch about. The car is stunning in looks and I love the new sound of the exhaust. It is not too loud and to me is just right. The sound of the new super charger makes me giddy. It sounds so cool that it is hard to explain. If you compare a KR with an SS for me the SS wins hands down. Looks, power, for me it's easy.

Oh, if you are going to keep your car pretty stock, I can't recommend a couple of changes more. The first would be the shifter. The short-throw-shifter makes such a difference I can't even begin to tell you. I can't understand why Ford didn't do this stock as it would have been fairly cheap and it is like night and day. Another thing is the rear-end. I was always a little disappointed in the "pop" of the car taking off. The rear end would make such a difference.

The Folks at Shelby:

I just want to say thanks to everyone we met. They not only made me feel welcome but everyone really went out of their way to make my daughter feel special. Adrienne, Amy, Dale, Bud bud.jpg, Donnie (I hope I didn't miss anyone) were all great. The thing that sticks out is they are all so passionate about their job and cars. I want to thank them all for not only making me feel great about being there, but making this a day my daughter won't soon forget.

High res pics to follow later today.

That's it,

steve

Oh, one last thing: There was a thread from a member asking if he sould name his daughter Shelby. If you ever plan on taking her to SAI, she will be treated like a queen.

Congrats to you. Cool that you took your daughter. Great story and a way for those of us on the list to get a taste of the future now...Thanks for taking the time to share. :burnout:

I must say it was a great pleasure meeting the both of you too. That is what makes this job NOT a job, but a pleasure. So, did you let Shelby drive the Shelby yet? :hysterical: Like I said while you were here, it's a great car for her to learn in :peelout:

Oh, btw, here is a pic he did NOT want you all to see.......here is a pic of his dog going for a ride :hysterical:

toofast1.jpg

Take care and enjoy your SS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bud

That's funny. One of my customers has that picture as her desktop background. I never connected it with the 725HP... doh! :doh:

Archived