TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Magna Flow or Flow Master

burnedgt500

:happy feet: :bandance:

As many of you know I have got a new Shelby. Now I would like to give it a little more rumbal going down the road. My Question is which one sounds best Magna Flow or Flow Master. I am looking for just sound the preformance part I don't really care about because I love the preformance I have.

Remember it's just about the best sounding one!

As many of you know I have got a new Shelby. Now I would like to give it a little more rumbal going down the road. My Question is which one sounds best Magna Flow or Flow Master. I am looking for just sound the preformance part I don't really care about because I love the preformance I have.

You can listen for yourself right here: Mustang Exhaust Sound Clips

You can listen for yourself right here: Mustang Exhaust Sound Clips

I JUST GOT MY GT500 AND WANT TO UPGRADE THE SOUND........LET ME KNOW WHAT THE CONCENCUS IS.. WATERMAN WATERWATER@BELLSOUTH.NET

Guest evilchris

I JUST GOT MY GT500 AND WANT TO UPGRADE THE SOUND........LET ME KNOW WHAT THE CONCENCUS IS.. WATERMAN WATERWATER@BELLSOUTH.NET

What are you looking for? Loud as hell, louder than stock but not "loud", what?

Personally, I'm looking for louder than stock but not obnoxious. I like a deep rumble, but not the hollow ricer sound. I liked the sound of the Bassani Axle-back from the link above, but sometimes it's hard to tell without real life comparison. Anyone have an opinion on the Bassanis?

I love my Borlas' on my 04 Cobra - solid craftsmanship, no drone.

I love my Borlas' on my 04 Cobra - solid craftsmanship, no drone.

I love the sound from the First Evolution Video when the car was backing up I want that sound on My GT 500..which Looks like it might be three weeks out...Whehew!

Cheers,

Requis

ANYONE KNOW WHAT THEY PUT ON>>>OR LIKE IT SAID CUSTOME OFFROAD PIPES?

I have always liked the sound of the Maggies over the Flowmasters. I had Magnaflows on my 03 Cobra and everyone commented about how awesome it sounded! I just ordered axle back magnaflows today, 450$ delivered. They should be here next week. I can't believe how quiet the Shelby is, almost puts me to sleep.

I had to edit this post. I really could not tell you which sounds better. I have not heard Magna's yet.

Hell I have not even heard Flows on it yet. We can race with the key boards but noone on here except for those who have then can contest which sounds good or not.

I would not compare a GT sound clip to a Shelby.

Personally, I'm looking for louder than stock but not obnoxious. I like a deep rumble, but not the hollow ricer sound. I liked the sound of the Bassani Axle-back from the link above, but sometimes it's hard to tell without real life comparison. Anyone have an opinion on the Bassanis?

Googling on "ricer"..... :wacko:

Edited...here is the Google response:

ricer 1251 up, 123 down

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder

- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747

- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool

- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself

- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire

- Clear tail lights and corner signals

- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)

- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.

Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

Editorial comment: This cracks me up. :hysterical::hysterical2:

Guest evilchris

I had to edit this post. I really could not tell you which sounds better. I have not heard Magna's yet.

Hell I have not even heard Flows on it yet. We can race with the key boards but noone on here except for those who have then can contest which sounds good or not.

I would not compare a GT sound clip to a Shelby.

Doesn't matter. Muffler location is a big part of overall sound. The very short pipe length from the muffler egress on s197 is what makes flow's sound like crap. The engine is irrelevant in this case. The 6+ feet of pipe after mufflers on the 79-04 chassis made a chamber muffler work well.

The reason people are achieving more desirable results with straight through designs on the s197 is not because of some unique voicing on the 3V 4.6, it's the amount of pipe. GT500 will benefit from straight through over chamber just like every other s197.

Doesn't matter. Muffler location is a big part of overall sound. The very short pipe length from the muffler egress on s197 is what makes flow's sound like crap. The engine is irrelevant in this case. The 6+ feet of pipe after mufflers on the 79-04 chassis made a chamber muffler work well.

The reason people are achieving more desirable results with straight through designs on the s197 is not because of some unique voicing on the 3V 4.6, it's the amount of pipe. GT500 will benefit from straight through over chamber just like every other s197.

I did not know that..thanks !

Cheers,

Requis

Just put the Flowmaster axle back #17410 on my GT500, I also have them on my 05 GT they sound much better on the 500, I don't get the obnoxious resonance that I get on my GT at around 1500 RPM under a load.

The different sound on the GT500 might be due the X pipe Ford is using in the GT500. :shift:

Just put the Flowmaster axle back #17410 on my GT500, I also have them on my 05 GT they sound much better on the 500, I don't get the obnoxious resonance that I get on my GT at around 1500 RPM under a load.

I and some others would REALLY like to hear a sound clip or two of the flowmaster exhaust on the Shelby. I loved the sound of 2 chamber flowmasters on my 89 with a 454 Small block and would like to get that sound on the Shelby.

Thanks

You must be a salesman. :hysterical: (not flaming ya Bro!)

Click this link and listen to the quality sound clip they have. (stock and with Flows)

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/03...flers/index.php

Sounds just like the previous. Plus, I do not care in the slightest about the 2 hp other mufflers make over the flows. I'll save my 200 bucks for the 2 HP anyday!

Flow's dont sound like a ricer burner either. :rockon:

i just got my FRPP set up yesterday. if i had the capability to record it i would, but since i don't - here it is - has a nice throaty sound, slight drone around 1800-2000 rpm, but very acceptable. would recommend to anyone. adds a whopping 2 hp, but sound it is the key. very satisfied. try to get some pics up when i can.

td

Archived