TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NC Shelby Owners Association?

Carl Bishop

North Carolina Shelby owners, what do you think about the idea of forming an unofficial NC Shelby Owners Association?

The plan would be to form a group that would organize 4 regional events starting in 2009. There would be one per quarter at a different location in the state, February, May, August and November. The locations could be somewhere on the Coast, the Triangle, Triad, Charlotte area or out West.

Is anyone interested? Comments??

I had a similiar thought for my area, but to avoid potential issues with existing Shelby clubs, I was thinking about a "Hampton Roads TeamShelby Club". I even designed an emblem, based on the Hampton Roads flag http://www.crwflags.com/FOTW/FLAGS/us-va-hr.html

I think there are like 20-30K Teamshelby members. So in an area like Hampton Roads (1.6M people) there might be around 100-150 members right now.

This assumes Teamshelby is interested in regional clubs.

post-14287-1216259009.jpg

post-14287-1216259009.jpg

I've already filed the paperwork with TS for an official TS Charter for NC, it’s in process. They have told me they are still working out the details on how this will work. We have many MCA Charter’s in NC, however we do not have a Shelby Club that is associated with SAAC. So I don’t see any conflict at this point. I too have design a logo with the help of my son….

new_logo.jpg

new_logo.jpg

As stated in the Team Shelby membership package;

"Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and non-Ford powered vehicles."

So this would be open to anyone. At some point if an official Team Shelby Regional Chapter is granted, there may be a requirement to join Team Shelby.

If you are interested, please PM me your name and email address so I can add you to the email distribution list I’m compiling.

• 11 months later...
I've already filed the paperwork with TS for an official TS Charter for NC, it’s in process. They have told me they are still working out the details on how this will work. We have many MCA Charter’s in NC, however we do not have a Shelby Club that is associated with SAAC. So I don’t see any conflict at this point. I too have design a logo with the help of my son….

Carl, just curious what came of this.

Carl, just curious what came of this.

Mark,

I’ll give you one guess, can you here the crickets? Heck, I forgot I even started this thread, it's been over a year since Robert sent me to a guy named Chris Pessinis at SAI.

From the last email that I received from him;

"Carl,

I apologise for any delays. Robert and I are working on this. We will get back to you shortly. Thanks for your patience."

This was send July 5, 2008!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
yes, and it's time to do something! :happy feet:

Well I offered you to come with Kim and I to the Woodward Dream Cruise.... It's not too late to join us, were leaving tomorrow at 6am sharp, so get your bags packed an come on up.....

We could make the Pony Run in Asheville our first 'offical' get together in September?

Well I offered you to come with Kim and I to the Woodward Dream Cruise.... It's not too late to join us, were leaving tomorrow at 6am sharp, so get your bags packed an come on up.....

We could make the Pony Run in Asheville our first 'offical' get together in September?

Ha! Wish we could make it...I know you are excited. Ok, September it is on the mountain....drive safe and have a great time! :shift:

• 2 months later...
Just got my Shelby this week and found this thread. Are you guys still trying to get together, if so I'm interested.

Jason,

congrats on the new ride. :happy feet: Be sure to post up some pics! We try to get together every now and then but things have been kind of quiet :headscratch: since the Asheville show. Carl, 08SGT1234 tries to keep us in the loop. If you want, pm me your email address and I'll add you to our distribution list on email. Oh, and welcome to TS! You will love it around here. A lot of knowledgable car folks and we have a great time as well. :hysterical: Craig

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am in - just let me know Date, Time, and Location. May be some of us in a general area can connect and form a large line drive the roads together to the event...

************** Just want to add - any thing you all come up with as far as a window sticker - Can it be in Red, White, and Blue **********************

Info please, via a PM.

Doc

Archived