TEAM SHELBY FORUM

5.0 Mustang puts Shelby GT500 KR Power Test

sharon

Dang they must have had a couple of plug wires fall off during the dyno! (They don't have plug wires!):hysterical:

Just kidding everyone relax! Who would have ever thought just 10 years ago Ford could sell a stock off the showroom car with 500 rwhp? I sure never thought I would see it! :happy feet:

Thanks for posting that and they have the run file to boot! I am liking this Mustang hobby more everyday!

When i added the Ford CAI with tune ( same as KR) the rear wheels would not get any traction in first gear @ a 5mph roll . It's 90 in Atlanta so i really felt that 40+ HP was very conservative rating. Also put the same cat backs as the SGT has. This car in second gear feels like most fast cars do in 1st. 1st gear is useless without different tires.

She still has only 1000 miles so it's only going to get faster, not to mention colder weather in 3 months.

From what I reckon, you can see those numbers a lot of different ways...different Dyno tests, different results. Unfortunately, I would trust the official numbers before those. Check the well documented post on this particular subject.

Archived