TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Respect

combs8999

Ms Amy - You know 100% for sure I love ya, but that really hit me. Further more I will no longer post about this subject and I do understand to a point your position and Mr Shelby's position on this matter, I just had my own take on it.

PS: The detail looks incredible! It looks like my car just came off the showroom again, I love this car more than any other car I have ever had and it seems everyone else does too!

"There is nothing like a Shelby"

Swede

EDITED:

Swede, you know I love ya too :wub: lol

There are 100s of posts a day and I only respond to a few. The $$ has a history in something bad, if it didn't might have been passed over. But I will not nor can I let this go by. I know there are other opinions, in this case on this site, and that is fine but, I want it known without question, that symbol has come to be disrespectful to Mr. Shelby and his name and it can't be used here.......

So, I think we are on the same page....thank you for the nice post

A

Swede while you are on that ride, think of why you bought and whose name is on it and why it's special, this is not about power, it's about respect for the man whose name is on you car

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Dearest Sharon - I think we all have our opinion about this issue, we don't need to be sold. I am a bit sorry for my tone, but really I think "power" is abused by many companies old and new. I just think it was not that big a deal as he really did not know of any SAAC issue, he just liked the name.

This will be my last post on this issue as it serves no one any good to tangle with any Shelby! :hysterical:

Sorry my mistake thought that you where talking about Stangs.

Sharon,

To prevent this from happening in the future, I think you can search the submitted character string for the '$' on the server side and return an error informing the user of the prohibited character.

The character is ok to use as long as it is not in Carroll Shelby's name.

Guys, I have to tell you I am shocked at the responses....

Chris did a nice thing, he is an upstanding guy. We did ask him to change it and it will need to change.

Those of you who thought it should stay, let me remind you this site is a gift from Carroll, all we do here is because of him. He is personally offended by the $ in his name asit was used against him in SAAC articles and it is derogitory.

If you can't understand why he is offended then, you should support it because he is and that is really all that matters. Why wouldn't any of you do something for anyone that was hurt by something, Even if you didn't understand it?

People do things that hit others differently. Chris did it because of the money he saved, there was nothing wrong with that. It happens to something More to the man and the brand. Chris is not the first we have asked to change, the 4 before him did it out of disrespect when they came to this site

But this is a Shelby site and we need to uphold the respect for Carroll even if you don't think it's important... shame on you...really

Chris, thank you, we understand and I hope you understand why we asked.

Amy

Amy,

I am going to just say a few things. You may not agree and that is your choice. No where did any of us who responded sticking up for Chris say we were for disrespecting Mr. Shelby, you or anyone else at SAI. His post mentions that it was brought to his attention that he was told it had offended some by using it. I unfortunately and apperently others assumed it offended members and not Mr. Shelby. So being that I live in this great country and have alot of respect for soldiers fighting for our freedoms I likely stuck foot in poop but so be it...thats me. If it offends Mr. Shelby I understand and this site is his and I would respect his wished. But please dont make this out as some of us have no respect for him, you, or SAI or are being "shameful". That was not the intention.

Amy,

I am going to just say a few things. You may not agree and that is your choice. No where did any of us who responded sticking up for Chris say we were for disrespecting Mr. Shelby, you or anyone else at SAI. His post mentions that it was brought to his attention that he was told it had offended some by using it. I unfortunately and apperently others assumed it offended members and not Mr. Shelby. So being that I live in this great country and have alot of respect for soldiers fighting for our freedoms I likely stuck foot in poop but so be it...thats me. If it offends Mr. Shelby I understand and this site is his and I would respect his wished. But please dont make this out as some of us have no respect for him, you, or SAI or are being "shameful". That was not the intention.

Thanks Webba, I appreciate the post, the prolem with any site is that you don't really have conversation. Also, what is insulting to one might be harmless to another. Chris is a great guy, he appologized and he really didn't need to, just needed to stop using the name.

A rule of thumb is, regardless of what anyone personally thinks, if one person is insulted, that person should be respected regardless of whether you agree or not. That is what sets us above other life forms...

Sometimes when we do things, it is simple and easy for us, and then 30 people comment and it gets blown up. The issue was some, actually poste that is was redicules that he had to change. The point being it is said without having facts, its never redicules if someone is hurt or insulted. Not everything needs a debate.

In this case and for the record, we do not allow the $ to replace the "S" in the name Shelby anymore, as it has been used to insult Carrol and his Brand. And on some level that should be enough info for the members of this site.

Not all the time, but this time..

Amy

Thanks Webba, I appreciat teh post, the prolem with site is that you don't really have conversation. Also, what is insulting to one might be harmless to another. Chris is a great guy, he appologized and he really didn't need to, just needed to stop using the name.

Sometimes when we do things, it is simple and easy for us, and then 30 people comment and it gets blown up. The issue was some, actually poste that is was redicules that he had to change. The point being it is said without having facts, its never redicules if someone is hurt or insulted. Not everything needs a debate.

In this case we do not allow the $ to replace the "s" in the name Shelby anymore, as it has been used to insult Carrol and his Brand. And on some level that should be enough info for the members of this site.

Amy

Understood and I respect that.

You know change is not a bad thing. Yes it meant something to me but that is nothing when you are talking about a gentleman’s last name. Your last name is something that you can find on military dog tags, on your loved ones headstones, it passed down from generation to generation. I would not allow anyone to disrespect my last name and I will not knowingly do it to someone else. Like I said before I am sorry I didn’t know. I appreciate everyone’s support but the question I had to ask myself is should I keep a login name that has so little meaning compared to a legends last name? The answer was easy. So my new login name is better, it’s my last name. I am not disappointed about having to change it because my new one has history. History that I am proud of. So Amy if I can please make my new log on name Combs5229. My last name and my CSM number!

This just proves Chris is mature (beyond his years) a gentleman, and a class act! May God Speed you safely home to your Shelby.

Wow, you learn something new everyday. I had no idea that SAAC had used the $ sign derogatorily towards Mr. Shelby. I guess I need to read up more on this whole story.

On another note, sounds like Chris is a stand up man (not surprising being a Marine :happy feet: ). Thanks for you service and come home safely and in one piece.

BTW, love your Avatar. Looks like I am not the only one with a 53 in their Avatar! :happy feet: Those guys who stand under us and deal with the hurricane force winds, blowing rocks and debris, static discharge dangers, etc. have a hell of a job.

This just proves Chris is mature (beyond his years) a gentleman, and a class act! May God Speed you safely home to your Shelby.

+1

Walc, you stole my post! :hysterical:

Always faithful, brother.

USMC 78-82

+1

Walc, you stole my post! :hysterical:

Always faithful, brother.

USMC 78-82

Wow this forum is loaded with us.

The Toyota Forum better not challenge us to a fight. :hysterical:

Semper Fi, bro.

BTW, we welcome the anticipated support from our Team Shelby allies in the Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force, et al. in our war against those Godless foreign car companies. :slapfight:

Wow this forum is loaded with us.

The Toyota Forum better not challenge us to a fight. :hysterical:

Semper Fi, bro.

BTW, we welcome the anticipated support from our Team Shelby allies in the Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force, et al. in our war against those Godless foreign car companies. :slapfight:

USN (Submarines)

1983-1992

If this site was still stangs, being that Robert and I are the same people that run both sites. I would have asked him to change for respect to Carroll, which is why we started Stangs to begin with because of the 500. Stangs was a mainly Shelby site even back then. It is really easy to blame that the BIG company has control over this site, but this issue I would have asked to change regardless. And he was respectful enough to do it.

There is no fight here, it is a respect issue plan and simple.

This is absolutely absurd....

Chris - I am absolutely in shock about someone saying your forum name is disrespectful and I can not see why you would change it. The only reason you would change your forum name is because you are a new member and don't want to upset the apple cart. I will say down the road you "could" be very unhappy that you changed it because you have done nothing worng. It almost seems dictatorship is rising up and this forum is WAY over monitored. Wow now this is incredible.

In ending, my .02 cents is this.....:change it if you wish but make sure it is "your" decision.

EDITED:

What Swede said. Keep it. Anyone offended by your screen name needs to get a life. Jeesh, I guess everyone's got to be offended by something huh. Oh and from a vet, thanks for your service and sacrifices :beerchug:

Jim

EDIT:

After reading through this thread I feel the need to explain. I'm on this forum because of the car I drive and love. Not because of politics. I don't do politics and I don't know or care about SAAC or their politics or their use of the $ sign associated with Mr Shelby's name. I don't understand the disrespect felt but...since there is an issue I respectfully withdraw my above statement. I felt, as others, that the $ sign was used simply because Shelby GT had already been used as I suspect it was. My Bad. If I have offended anyone with my statement above please accept my apology. I appreciate this forum and the fact that Carroll Shelby has brought us this car and the enjoyment it has brought to me. It's just a shame that something so trivial has caused such a fuss.

Thoughtfully

Jim

What Swede said. Keep it. Anyone offended by your screen name needs to get a life. Jeesh, I guess everyone's got to be offended by something huh. Oh and from a vet, thanks for your service and sacrifices :beerchug:

Jim

I am curious....I wonder if Robert Browning had a certain race legend in mind when he wrote the Pied Piper of Hamelin? :drool::hysterical: :happy feet: :dance::hysterical3:

Thanks Webba, I appreciate the post, the problem with any site is that you don't really have conversation. Also, what is insulting to one might be harmless to another. Chris is a great guy, he apologized and he really didn't need to, just needed to stop using the name.

A rule of thumb is, regardless of what anyone personally thinks, if one person is insulted, that person should be respected regardless of whether you agree or not. That is what sets us above other life forms...

Sometimes when we do things, it is simple and easy for us, and then 30 people comment and it gets blown up. The issue was some, actually posted that it was ridiculous that he had to change. The point being it is said without having facts, its never if someone is hurt or insulted. Not everything needs a debate.

In this case and for the record, we do not allow the $ to replace the "S" in the name Shelby anymore, as it has been used to insult Carroll and his Brand. And on some level that should be enough info for the members of this site.

Amy

:mail:

Amy,

10-4 good buddy. That was my exact thinking. I thought a few members took offense.....not Mr Shelby himself. It's his site and he makes the rules, fair enough.

........................................so, what's for dinner tonight?

Archived