TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Respect

combs8999

Mr. Shelby and Team Shelby

It was brought to my attention that my login name is disrespectful because I use the dollar sign. I would like to say I am sorry, if I am insulting people by using it. I didn’t realize that SAAC members use it in a disrespectful manner. I chose it because I have been saving my money for a long time in order to buy the car of my dreams. My black 07 Shelby GT is that car. I am on my 3rd combat tour in 3 years and honestly don’t have the time to follow Mr. Shelby’s personal life or follow what the immature SAAC members are doing. I am grateful for what Mr. Shelby has done for the automobile industry and look forward to meeting him in Terlingua. Once again if I have offended people I am sorry as I did not mean it to be disrespectful. I am glad that Turnsignaldelete brought it to my attention so I can fix it. Amy, Sharon or Robert please change my login name if you can. I would like it to be Combs5229. Thanks again Turnsignaldelete I appreciate the heads up.

Respectfully

Chris Combs

It was brought to my attention that my login name is disrespectful because I use the dollar sign. I would like to say I am sorry, if I am insulting people by using it. I didn’t realize that SAAC members use it in a disrespectful manner. I chose it because I have been saving my money for a long time in order to buy the car of my dreams. My black 07 Shelby GT is that car. I am on my 3rd combat tour in 3 years and honestly don’t have the time to follow Mr. Shelby’s personal life or follow what the immature SAAC members are doing. I am grateful for what Mr. Shelby has done for the automobile industry and look forward to meeting him in Terlingua. Once again if I have offended people I am sorry as I did not mean it to be disrespectful. I am glad that Turnsignaldelete brought it to my attention so I can fix it. Amy, Sharon or Robert please change my login name if you can. I would like it to be Combs5229. Thanks again Turnsignaldelete I appreciate the heads up.

Respectfully

Chris Combs

Thank you Chris for your kind response. Also Chris I want to Thank you for your great service to our Country, 3 Combat tours, God Bless you Chris. I look forward to meeting you in person. We are bringing some Shelby cars to Terlingua, we will have a great time. Take care and I will see you in Terlingua.

Grateful for your service, Turnsignaldelete

Respectfully

Chris Combs

Chris,

Thanks for your note and service. Someone will be in touch to help you.

-Jeff

So this guy is over fighting for our freedom and "we" are asking him to change his name because someone interpretted it as being disrespectful???! Seriously??????????

I understand and agree with your thoughts. I don't know who, or if, someone asked him, but I suspect people that don't know any better have been giving him grief and he's grown tired of it. I can understand given all he has to worry about it's not worth the aggravation to keep it.

I also understand people that may have thought what they did as there was a person there with different variations of that name that came in here to stir things up. Some people must be thinking he's the same guy.

Respectfully

Chris Combs

7/16/08

Chris,

Thank you for your service to our country. Your willingness to do the really serious S... allows others to stay home and sweat the small stuff that does not matter a bit - and should not to them. Stay vigilant and come home safe to drive your dream car.

Sincerely,

Doug Nash

CSM# 07SGT5501

Respectfully

Chris Combs

Chris - I am absolutely in shock about someone saying your forum name is disrespectful and I can not see why you would change it. The only reason you would change your forum name is because you are a new member and don't want to upset the apple cart. I will say down the road you "could" be very unhappy that you changed it because you have done nothing worng. It almost seems dictatorship is rising up and this forum is WAY over monitored. Wow now this is incredible.

In ending, my .02 cents is this.....:change it if you wish but make sure it is "your" decision.

EDITED:

I can understand given all he has to worry about it's not worth the aggravation to keep it.

JeffIsHereToo :I am really shocked "you" personally would change it as you always stand up for issues you believe in! He can fight for "our" freedom but he can't have a personal forum name that he chose without it being questioned? Jeff I really do not believe you were the one who told him to change it, but I would like to find out who told him that and ask them why-

Guys, I have to tell you I am shocked at the responses....

Chris did a nice thing, he is an upstanding guy. We did ask him to change it and it will need to change.

Those of you who thought it should stay, let me remind you this site is a gift from Carroll, all we do here is because of him. He is personally offended by the $ in his name asit was used against him in SAAC articles and it is derogitory.

If you can't understand why he is offended then, you should support it because he is and that is really all that matters. Why wouldn't any of you do something for anyone that was hurt by something, Even if you didn't understand it?

People do things that hit others differently. Chris did it because of the money he saved, there was nothing wrong with that. It happens to something More to the man and the brand. Chris is not the first we have asked to change, the 4 before him did it out of disrespect when they came to this site

But this is a Shelby site and we need to uphold the respect for Carroll even if you don't think it's important... shame on you...really

Chris, thank you, we understand and I hope you understand why we asked.

Amy

Respectfully

Chris Combs

Chris,

Thank you for your consideration of others and especially Mr.Shelby....This is what I find is lacking in people today..(me,myself and no consideration for the others)....I rarely come to this thread but when I saw the word respect I had to read it.....that is the first thing I teach my both kids..RESPECT...for themselves and others.....

Come on guys some consideration and respect for others..I totally understand Chris cause he had no bad intentions...Amy is also right....peace to all...:)

Now I realize why we ALL loved the old forum much better, as it had the freedom of speech and freedom to post anything as long as it was not blatant profanity. I along with 99% of the people who responded to this post are very saddened by this display of power, very saddened.

So how am I going to cure my disappointment? I am just going to pick up my Shelby from being detailed and will take a drive, that always takes the edge off anything! :happy feet:

Now I realize why we ALL loved the old forum much better, as it had the freedom of speech and freedom to post anything as long as it was not blatant profanity. I along with 99% of the people who responded to this post are very saddened by this display of power, very saddened.

So how am I going to cure my disappointment? I am just going to pick up my Shelby from being detailed and will take a drive, that always takes the edge off anything! :happy feet:

Swede while you are on that ride, think of why you bought and whose name is on it and why it's special, this is not about power, it's about respect for the man whose name is on you car

You know change is not a bad thing. Yes it meant something to me but that is nothing when you are talking about a gentleman’s last name. Your last name is something that you can find on military dog tags, on your loved ones headstones, it passed down from generation to generation. I would not allow anyone to disrespect my last name and I will not knowingly do it to someone else. Like I said before I am sorry I didn’t know. I appreciate everyone’s support but the question I had to ask myself is should I keep a login name that has so little meaning compared to a legends last name? The answer was easy. So my new login name is better, it’s my last name. I am not disappointed about having to change it because my new one has history. History that I am proud of. So Amy if I can please make my new log on name Combs5229. My last name and my CSM number!

Swede-The old site was about the cars, latley seems to be about complaining and supporting the troops, law enforcement or some other lifestyle/career. Which I do with my wallet and my life, however, the $ symbol in my name would bum me out too if I accomplished what Mr. Shelby has in life, especially on my own dang web-site. I am not saddened by this. It was a simple mistake in understanding it's solved no biggie.

If this site was still stangs, being that Robert and I are the same people that run both sites. I would have asked him to change for respect to Carroll, which is why we started Stangs to begin with because of the 500. Stangs was a mainly Shelby site even back then. It is really easy to blame that the BIG company has control over this site, but this issue I would have asked to change regardless. And he was respectful enough to do it.

There is no fight here, it is a respect issue plan and simple.

You know change is not a bad thing. Yes it meant something to me but that is nothing when you are talking about a gentleman’s last name. Your last name is something that you can find on military dog tags, on your loved ones headstones, it passed down from generation to generation. I would not allow anyone to disrespect my last name and I will not knowingly do it to someone else. Like I said before I am sorry I didn’t know. I appreciate everyone’s support but the question I had to ask myself is should I keep a login name that has so little meaning compared to a legends last name? The answer was easy. So my new login name is better, it’s my last name. I am not disappointed about having to change it because my new one has history. History that I am proud of. So Amy if I can please make my new log on name Combs5229. My last name and my CSM number!

Robert and I are on the road traveling to Road America to see Shelby cars on the Race track for the first time in along time, it is very exciting. When we get to the hotel tonight I will have Robert change it for you.

Sharon

It was brought to my attention that my login name is disrespectful because I use the dollar sign.

Whenever I see dollar signs, I just assume it's because someone else got to the name first (ShelbyGT), and you had to use $ instead of "S" to register because you liked the name. I had no idea there was so much of a story and drama behind the symbol! :hide:

Perhaps they can find a way to block future new memebers from siging up with dollar signs in their screen name to begin with.

If this site was still stangs, being that Robert and I are the same people that run both sites. I would have asked him to change for respect to Carroll, which is why we started Stangs to begin with because of the 500. Stangs was a mainly Shelby site even back then. It is really easy to blame that the BIG company has control over this site, but this issue I would have asked to change regardless. And he was respectful enough to do it.

sorry Sharon, he meant the other site, not stangs.

Dearest Sharon - I think we all have our opinion about this issue, we don't need to be sold. I am a bit sorry for my tone, but really I think "power" is abused by many companies old and new. I just think it was not that big a deal as he really did not know of any SAAC issue, he just liked the name.

This will be my last post on this issue as it serves no one any good to tangle with any Shelby! :hysterical:

Swede while you are on that ride, think of why you bought and whose name is on it and why it's special, this is not about power, it's about respect for the man whose name is on you car

Ms Amy - You know 100% for sure I love ya, but that really hit me. Further more I will no longer post about this subject and I do understand to a point your position and Mr Shelby's position on this matter, I just had my own take on it.

PS: The detail looks incredible! It looks like my car just came off the showroom again, I love this car more than any other car I have ever had and it seems everyone else does too!

"There is nothing like a Shelby"

Swede

EDITED:

Archived