TEAM SHELBY FORUM

There's a New Pony in Grabbers Stable

Grabber

The Claybar treatment and Cleaner wax did great job putting a shine on this car. What would be the best product to remove very slight spyder web marks in the clear coat ? They are very minor marks that we would like to remove if possible.

Here's what she looks like now:

MustangGTS098.jpg

MustangGTS099.jpg

MustangGTS100.jpg

MustangGTS101.jpg

MustangGTS102.jpg

MustangGTS103.jpg

MustangGTS108.jpg

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyday David has done a little work to his car with me coaching. Today after I got home from work I showed him how to put tire dressing on his new tires. It really brough out the black as you can see.

Threesome035.jpg

Threesome036.jpg

Threesome037.jpg

Threesome038.jpg

Threesome039.jpg

Sudguy,

Yes it is a rare car.

This 1996 Mustang GT with the 4.6L (281 ci) SOHC V8 was purchased with the limited 248A option (or GTS as it was referred to in the 94-95 models). This car is fairly rare with Only 5,479 units sold in 96.

The 248A option was marketed toward driving purists who wanted all the power and performance of a GT without all the heavy accessories the GT's came standard with. So what you got was a mustang with the GT running gear that weighed less than a standard GT, making it even faster than a fully loaded GT. :happy feet:

I was just trying to do a little research on the 1996 GT that we bought last week in regards to the "GTS" package that was offered in 94-95 and then they called it the 248A option for 1996.

Well I was just looking over the build sheet for this 1996 gem, and look at what is called out on the bottom of the build sheet under the Remarks: GTS

th_MustangGTS113.jpg

This car is a documented GTS for sure. :)

I just stumbled upon this thread.

Nice find Rob, of course I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Teach that boy well, that is one powerful car you got there.

David,

Congratulations on your new car.

You are one very lucky young man to have a dad like Grabber.

Listen to your dad and learn as much as you can from him.

My first car was a 1962 VW bug that had a bad charging system,

To start it you had to push it, jump in and pop the clutch.

PS

Not only do you have a great first car but you have one hell heck of a chick magnet

Use it wisely!

See you in Dearborn,

Alan

I was just trying to do a little research on the 1996 GT that we bought last week in regards to the "GTS" package that was offered in 94-95 and then they called it the 248A option for 1996.

Well I was just looking over the build sheet for this 1996 gem, and look at what is called out on the bottom of the build sheet under the Remarks: GTS

th_MustangGTS113.jpg

This car is a documented GTS for sure. :)

Rob if you would like more documentation for David's 1996 GT you can email Ford and provide them with the VIN number and ask for a "Build Sheet" that is what they call it even though it really isn't. They will mail you a letter with the cars build date and options on the car. I did this for my son's 1996 GT and as of today he now has his permit....Lord help me... and the car is in the shop throwing P0136 codes for the O2 senors which is going to cost 500.00 to replace both...... But anyway Ford will mail you the following letter.

It is kinda cool little document.

post-13161-1216766379.jpg

post-13161-1216766379.jpg

Rob if you would like more documentation for David's 1996 GT you can email Ford and provide them with the VIN number and ask for a "Build Sheet" that is what they call it even though it really isn't. They will mail you a letter with the cars build date and options on the car. I did this for my son's 1996 GT and as of today he now has his permit....Lord help me... and the car is in the shop throwing P0136 codes for the O2 senors which is going to cost 500.00 to replace both...... But anyway Ford will mail you the following letter.

It is kinda cool little document.

That is a cool document to have. I just printed it and I will suggest David request it.

:happy feet: ICE ICE ICE BABY! :happy feet:

Let's kick it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8BxbdQqMRE

:hysterical::hysterical:

John,

David just watched the vid. He's doing this--------> :hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical:

Then he asked me "Were those guys once considered cool?" :hysterical:

I told him you would have to answer that. :huh:

....anyways, I backed the car out of the shop so David could Ice his GTS and he did the entire car himself.

th_MustangGTS116.jpg

th_MustangGTS117.jpg

While he did that I took my rigs out of the shop and swept it out and re-parked everything in a little different position to allow for a vacant service stall to do oil changes in. I had to turn my 4X8 trailer sideways and put the truck in front of my GRABRRR. This gave a spot for Davids GTS towards the back of the shop, and opened up the front part of the shop for an area to work on other cars. :happy feet:

th_MustangGTS127.jpg

th_MustangGTS131.jpg

th_MustangGTS132.jpg

Now I know why Joe likes Black so much. :)

Where once you were blind, now you can see.

:happy feet:

:hysterical:

Black is Beautiful.

I concur.

David's one smart cookie to have a Black Stang!

He's even welcome to join the BVM as an honorary (non-vert) owner!! :shift:

I just stumbled upon this thread.

Nice find Rob, of course I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Teach that boy well, that is one powerful car you got there.

David,

Congratulations on your new car.

You are one very lucky young man to have a dad like Grabber.

Listen to your dad and learn as much as you can from him.

My first car was a 1962 VW bug that had a bad charging system,

To start it you had to push it, jump in and pop the clutch.

PS

Not only do you have a great first car but you have one hell heck of a chick magnet

Use it wisely!

See you in Dearborn,

Alan

:finger: This car will not be used as a chick mangnet.

Well, a mom can dream can't she? :hysterical:

:drool::drool::drool:

WOW!!!!! What a find. I would have paid $9700 for that machine in a heartbeat! I imagine it was difficult for the gentleman who sold it to you to get rid of it. :drop:

As you can see by the shape of the car....this was his baby.

The fellow was 65 years old and mis-judged some things when he retired. They had to sell there house and down size it. Sold their baby grand piano too, and this car. His wife was crying when they signed the car title over for the transfer. I hate to see this happen to people.

When we took david's car to the local Dairy Queen the other night, we were showing the car to a friend that is always there. David was showing him how clean the engine bay was. The guy pointed out to David that a factory worker had used a marking crayon on the air cleaner, fuse box, and many other parts as a check mark when the car was built.

The guy said he hated those marks on his car and removed them. I tend to agree they look bad.

After dinner last night David asks me if I can show him what kind of cleaner would remove those crayon marks, because he wants to scrub them off. It turns out that citrus goo gone and some simple green and them some Ice removed them pretty well.

After we did that, David was interested in going though my tool box looking at all the tools and asking a bunch of questions "What's this for" !

David has taken on a real intrest in his car, and is even keeping a journal of everything that he does to it. I am going to plan another little project to do on the car, after dinner tonight. :)

I'm having just as much fun as he is with this Black Pony. :play:

Archived