TEAM SHELBY FORUM

There's a New Pony in Grabbers Stable

Grabber

Tonight was Davids 14th Birthday. My daughter Katie came over with her husband kyle and there little dog. We had a barb-b-q and cup cakes. David opened his gifts and was pleased with his stuff. We will install the tail light mod this week end (web seq. lights)

DavidsBirthday2008002.jpg

DavidsBirthday2008003.jpg

DavidsBirthday2008005.jpg

DavidsBirthday2008006.jpg

DavidsBirthday2008007.jpg

DavidsBirthday2008008.jpg

DavidsBirthday2008009.jpg

DavidsBirthday2008010.jpg

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone, I had a great time at Michigan, it's great to finally meat the people, and actually know you a little bit.

Happy Birthday David. I rode up on the elevator Wednesday night with him & we talked about his Mustang . I guess he is hooked . I wonder if Dad had any influence, on him.

And ya, my mom could agree on that last statement.

Grabber did you ever get your letter from Ford with the build information on David's car?

Ron

No.

I submitted 3 requests.

Each time a different person asked for different personal info. I provided it each time.

They blew me off. :censored:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, my dad asked me if I wanted to go take my car out and get some gas. Being that Im sick, have little to do and wouldn't miss a chance to ride in MY :P car I went along. After he got gas he pulled into a new neighborhood. I figured he was just taking a shortcut, but then had me get into the drivers seat for my first drive. (It seams alot easier when my parents drive.) After a few trys I was slowly getting the hang of getting rolling, then he had me pull into a little unbuilt driveway. With little trust in my abilities I did that. Then he had me put the car in reverse and pull it out. (In the procsess I almost hit a transormer.) I killed the engine several times but then started to get to the end of the neighborhood. Then noticed someone behind me, (no pressure, just don't hit the car) so he had me pull over to the sde of the street. (I wonder what the people behind us were thinking, they probably felt less safe than me.) Then my dad got back the drivers seat. It was fun and scary. Im sure you guys don't even notice all the things I had trouble with, with the amount of time youv'e had driving. And you probably don't find driving half as entertaining as I did. :shift:

Hi everyone, my dad asked me if I wanted to go take my car out and get some gas. Being that Im sick, have little to do and wouldn't miss a chance to ride in MY :P car I went along. After he got gas he pulled into a new neighborhood. I figured he was just taking a shortcut, but then had me get into the drivers seat for my first drive. (It seams alot easier when my parents drive.) After a few trys I was slowly getting the hang of getting rolling, then he had me pull into a little unbuilt driveway. With little trust in my abilities I did that. Then he had me put the car in reverse and pull it out. (In the procsess I almost hit a transormer.) I killed the engine several times but then started to get to the end of the neighborhood. Then noticed someone behind me, (no pressure, just don't hit the car) so he had me pull over to the sde of the street. (I wonder what the people behind us were thinking, they probably felt less safe than me.) Then my dad got back the drivers seat. It was fun and scary. Im sure you guys don't even notice all the things I had trouble with, with the amount of time youv'e had driving. And you probably don't find driving half as entertaining as I did. :shift:

Hi David - When I was 16, I bought a Volvo 544 with a stick shift. I taught myself how to drive it. It wasn't fun! But - day by day - I got the hang of it. So will you. Worry not about those behind you. Before long, you'll feel right at home changing gears. Listen to your dad's advice and just try to be smooth! I'm proud of ya!

Ruf :happy feet:

First off take note that this "new Neighborhood" is so new that there are no houses there yet. Just a vacant street. David - the transformer was still a good 8 feet away but since my foot was not on the brake, I thought I would mention it to you so you can learn to make "awareness" of your surroundings one of your number 1 priorities.

We will need to find a big open area to practice. I will keep my eyes open for one. We still have alot of time to practice and you will need to take drivers education. I just thought it would be nice for you to start to learn the clutch.

Here's Davids first Driving Pic's after we we went on a gas run & ride today.

MustangGTS291.jpg

MustangGTS294.jpg

MustangGTS293.jpg

MustangGTS292.jpg

Every take off in first gear was successful. We did about 6 or 7. He killed it in reverse once and when he went to put on the brake twice in reverse and killed it once when we came to a stop in first. It was hard for him to remember to put the clutch in when using the brake.

I had him go into 2nd gear once and that went fine.

I was a little shaky. :huh:

Congrats David!!! It is amazing how once you get the hang of driving stick, you don't even realize you're doing it. Sticks cars are mich more fun when you get thr hang of it!! My first car I still own...a 67 Fastback that I bought when I was 12 it was a 4 speed manual and really hard to drive!! At least the new speeds are easier to drive...LOL

ati and his wife Lisa bought David a clip for his visor to make him think.

It says "Never Drive Faster Than Your angel Can Fly".

Thank you Alan & Lisa. :superhero:

DavidsBirthday2008040.jpg

DavidsBirthday2008039.jpg

DavidsBirthday2008038.jpg

Thanks Lisa and Alan (ATI) I finally got around to putting on the angel that you got me for my birthday. It looks really good. I'll remember you guys whenever I drive, and that should also remind me to keep at a legal speed.

th_MustangGTS326.jpg

th_MustangGTS327.jpg

th_MustangGTS328.jpg

th_MustangGTS329.jpg

th_MustangGTS330.jpg

Thanks Lisa and Alan (ATI) I finally got around to putting on the angel that you got me for my birthday. It looks really good. I'll remember you guys whenever I drive, and that should also remind me to keep at a legal speed.

th_MustangGTS328.jpg

You are very welcome David!

This afternoon David and I crawled under his GT to see what gears are in the rear end. The tag says 2L73 which means he has 2.73's with the Limited Slip feature.

MustangGTS342.jpg

MustangGTS332.jpg

The Pony only has 28,800 miles on it...but the fluids are almost 13 years old, so we decided to change it. David had never seen my fluid extractor, so I showed him how to use it. He sucked it out bone dry.

MustangGTS337.jpg

MustangGTS338.jpg

MustangGTS339.jpg

MustangGTS340.jpg

We then put the best synthetic fluid back into the rear end. Royal Purple. The stuff is $15.99 a quart. We also added the limited slip friction modifier like the manual says.

MustangGTS346.jpg

Since we were on a roll....We then decided to change the Tranny fluid in the 5 speed T-45. The fluid was not real dirty....but it's 13 years old so we drained out all 3 quarts.

MustangGTS341.jpg

Then we put the fresh Dextron / Mercron back in. :)

MustangGTS347.jpg

Next week end we may flush out the cooling system and put new anti freeze in. Then it will be time to change the oil.

This afternoon David and I crawled under his GT to see what gears are in the rear end. The tag says 2L73 which means he has 2.73's with the Limited Slip feature.

MustangGTS342.jpg

MustangGTS332.jpg

The Pony only has 28,800 miles on it...but the fluids are almost 13 years old, so we decided to change it. David had never seen my fluid extractor, so I showed him how to use it. He sucked it out bone dry.

MustangGTS337.jpg

MustangGTS338.jpg

MustangGTS339.jpg

MustangGTS340.jpg

We then put the best synthetic fluid back into the rear end. Royal Purple. The stuff is $15.99 a quart. We also added the limited slip friction modifier like the manual says.

MustangGTS346.jpg

Since we were on a roll....We then decided to change the Tranny fluid in the 5 speed T-45. The fluid was not real dirty....but it's 13 years old so we drained out all 3 quarts.

MustangGTS341.jpg

Then we put the fresh Dextron / Mercron back in. :)

MustangGTS347.jpg

Next week end we may flush out the cooling system and put new anti freeze in. Then it will be time to change the oil.

Rob you definately need a four post lift.

Rob you definately need a four post lift.

You bet I do and some day this shop will be fully insulated with finished walls and ceilings and nice lights and heat. After I complete the interior.....the lift will go in. I just don't have the money or the time to do it right now. I plan on doing all the work myself to cut down on costs. That's how I built the shop........myself.

Archived