TEAM SHELBY FORUM

There's a New Pony in Grabbers Stable

Grabber

Congrates to David, this is a very clean car. Alot of my friends at my local Mustange club would love to find a car like this and make it a track car. We also have an eye out looking for a car for my daughter she will be driving in September. I noticed that the car has an extra security system installed and a full tank of gas! Was this car the one you mentioned last week on your cruise with friends and you saw this car for sale? And you and Tanna decided to purchase it for him? Black is the fastest car!

Yes, that's the car Hans.

I waited for an ASE certified mech. to do a full check out on the car for Safety and mech. duribility. The only problem with this car that he found was a dirty air filter. He changed that and the oil.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to David! What a dad he has! I hope you both enjoy your times with the car!

The car looks flawless. :happy feet:

See if you can find a place to rent a manual shift pickup for a few days to teach him how to drive stick.

What a great car, Grabber! Have fun with it till David gets his liscense. Just remember when that happens, he will want to drive the GO when you drive the GT :)

Sherri,

We will have fun with it. My wife told me that the fun started today. My wife and David had a lunch planned with his best friend and his mom at a restuarant. David had me print pic's of his car last night so he could take them to the lunch so he could show his best friend.

Well, This morning David asked Tana if they could take his new GT to lunch. Tana said "great idea". They had a blast driving it around today. Tana told me that she explained every move she made in driving the car in regards to shifting speeds, sounds, and RPM's to start teaching David. From what I was told....David's friends jaw dropped when he showed him the car and David got in it and fired it up and rev'd the motor. :)

Congrats, David, and kudos to Rob and Tana for making it a reality for him!!!

I haven't seen a 248A (GTS) in awhile. We sold a red '96 example about a year ago here at the dealership. More miles (60K), and more daily-driver than show car (with some wear & tear), and sold easily for $6K. I'd say $9,700 was a great deal for such the well-preserved, low mileage example you got for David!!! I drove our '96 GTS a few times and it amazed me how nimble it felt (lower weight) and the power-to-weight ratio makes for an entertaining ride. Those 16 inch waffle wheels gotta go, though! Everything else is perfect.

What a great find a 96 with that few miles is awesome. Good luck with the car David. You are a very lucky fella. When I was your age I drove a Schwinn and it wasn't even a Stingray. :hysterical: (The old guys know what I'm talking about)

What a great find a 96 with that few miles is awesome. Good luck with the car David. You are a very lucky fella. When I was your age I drove a Schwinn and it wasn't even a Stingray. :hysterical: (The old guys know what I'm talking about)

Yes! And I had to work to save up and buy my first car! And pay for the insurance!

I've got a 17 1/2 year-old daughter who has yet to get her license because she has yet to secure a p/t job! I can't afford her insurance, so when she gets a job, she gets a license!

Hey grabber, nice find.

You and the boy will enjoy a ton of time together working on it. My son is very proud of his 2001 V6 mustang as well. We have spent a lot of time together learning detailing and mechanical maintenance.

Keep us posted as yo go will ya?

CB

Hi, I'm Grabber (Robs) son, I was really suprised when my dad came home and got a car. :happy feet: :yahoo: I've been working on it today, and was using Carnuba Wax to get off water spots under the hood (if anyone has a better thing to use please say so) talk to you guys later, and i'll see some of you at the NW Meet and Greet next year, and showing off my car. :shift:

Hi, I'm Grabber (Robs) son, I was really suprised when my dad came home and got a car. :happy feet: :yahoo: I've been working on it today, and was using Carnuba Wax to get off water spots under the hood (if anyone has a better thing to use please say so) talk to you guys later, and i'll see some of you at the NW Meet and Greet next year, and showing off my car. :shift:

Hi David, Congrats on your new baby :) Both of my sons first cars were Mustangs, one a 93 fox body vert and the other a 94 teal v6. Sure wish I had the 94 for a daily driver today. Enjoy your car and be safe with it.

I had a small bottle of Mothers car wax cleaner that I gave David to start detailing the fender jambs next to the hood. He made some progress tonight.

MustangGTarrival7-14-08067.jpg

MustangGTarrival7-14-08070.jpg

MustangGTarrival7-14-08071.jpg

MustangGTarrival7-14-08074.jpg

I helped him clean the motor with some simple green and a light powerwash.

MustangGTarrival7-14-08067.jpg

MustangGTarrival7-14-08068.jpg

MustangGTarrival7-14-08069.jpg

MustangGTarrival7-14-08072.jpg

MustangGTarrival7-14-08073.jpg

Wow - what an awesome thread!

Congrats David on the beautiful black Mustang!! Bet you can't wait til 16 rolls around.

Don't let your father fool you into believing that GO is the best - no sir! Black all the way baby!

IMG_0807.jpg

Be careful, respect the power, but have fun. You're in the club now. Enjoy it.

I'll see you in Dearborn in September.

We can chat about how cool Black Stangs are. :happy feet:

Oh, and Rob... good job buddy. I knew you'd come around to the dark side! :hysterical:

Joe,

Your "Dark side" comments are killing me. :hysterical:

I got home from work around 6:45 and as I pull into the driveway....there's David in the shop. Working on that engine bay with cleaner wax on all the paint surfaces. He's getting the hang of it. First thing he asks me for is for some special wax and a clay bar. :hysterical:

This kid is a chip off the old block. B)

I gave him a chunk of clay and some spray and he tackled the fender and hood jambs and edges.

I bought a 1994 White Mustang GT brand new in 94 and I just love the look of this car.

Joe - I must admit that the black is so sweet looking. The paint on this car is in near perfect shape. I can't wait to see it when it's totally micro detailed.

Hi David, Welcome to the fun!!! You are one lucky young man! :)

I look forward to meeting you and your dad in Dearborn.

Your car is awesome and so is the responsibility that goes with it. Hope you will enjoy the heck out of it for many years to come.

One thing's for sure, 50 years from now will look back fondly on these days -- you never forget your first ride :shift: ;-)

Dan

:headscratch: I dont know what most of those things are, but to the NOS :rockon:

Gauge pod with gauges

Headers

Exhaust

Short throw shifter

Tuner

Super Charger

NOS

All GOOD!

Trust me, you get all that installed and you will REALLY be going...

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: WEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

:happy feet: :happy feet:

Hi David - Ask your dad to start at the top of the list. Then, at the end of every semester ask him to move down the list one item - if - your grades reach an agreed upon level in school. Good grades? Good parts! :happy feet:

Wow - what an awesome thread!

Congrats David on the beautiful black Mustang!! Bet you can't wait til 16 rolls around.

Don't let your father fool you into believing that GO is the best - no sir! Black all the way baby!

IMG_0807.jpg

Be careful, respect the power, but have fun. You're in the club now. Enjoy it.

I'll see you in Dearborn in September.

We can chat about how cool Black Stangs are. :happy feet:

Oh, and Rob... good job buddy. I knew you'd come around to the dark side! :hysterical:

+10000000 Great car... my first GT was the first GT... 83 with a 5.0 Amazing car as I am sure this will be for him! An oh yea.... once you go to the dark side, you NEVER go back!

Joe,

Your "Dark side" comments are killing me. :hysterical:

I got home from work around 6:45 and as I pull into the driveway....there's David in the shop. Working on that engine bay with cleaner wax on all the paint surfaces. He's getting the hang of it. First thing he asks me for is for some special wax and a clay bar. :hysterical:

This kid is a chip off the old block. B)

I gave him a chunk of clay and some spray and he tackled the fender and hood jambs and edges.

I bought a 1994 White Mustang GT brand new in 94 and I just love the look of this car.

Joe - I must admit that the black is so sweet looking. The paint on this car is in near perfect shape. I can't wait to see it when it's totally micro detailed.

Thanks Grabby. I knew you couldn't resist the dark side. :hysterical3:

Black, when clean and waxed, is the best color out there.

Black - it's not a color, it's a lifestyle!

David - enjoy the video. I think you'll like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQF-7tBe-s8

(Don't forget to turn up the volume to 11!!!) :rockon:

Archived