TEAM SHELBY FORUM

There's a New Pony in Grabbers Stable

Grabber

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 25 days my David gets to come home for a short Christmas break. Looking forward to this Christmas more so than others. It is going to be extra special.

Rob,

Just thinking of you , Tana , and David being together for Christmas. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

Rob,

Just thinking of you , Tana , and David being together for Christmas. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

Kevin,

Thanks for the kind words brother :) We did pick David up at the airport at 11am today. It is soooo good to have him home for the next 13 days. I am so proud of him. Watching him turn into a man the last 2 years has been an awesome feeling. We took him out to Buffalo Wild Wings for a big lunch and then came home. He does not quite know how to act after being gone for 7 months and living the Army way. He did not sleep last night and left the base at midnight to make his trek home. He went to bed after taking a shower an hour ago. He is so happy to be home.

D1.jpg

D7.jpg

D4.jpg

D2.jpg

D5.jpg

D8.jpg

D6.jpg

D3.jpg

D9.jpg

D11.jpg

Well, we got the mustang going. He says it feels awesome to be driving it. David's Mustang GT past DEQ emissions testing with flying colors. We were able to get the 2014 tabs put on the plates as well. David was able to get his insurance renewed. He even bought new wiper blades for the front windshield since it squeaked so bad. He was spending money right and left.

D12.jpg

We met up with mom and dad today for a great meal at Emers too ! :)
D13.jpg

Just catching up with this thread.

I'm sure you are all thrilled to have David home for the holidays, and thanx for the airport pix, good stuff right there.

The entire TS community has watched him grow up into a fine young man! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For the last couple weeks my son David has been interviewed twice by Securitos for a security guard position. They really like him and his military credentials with the Army National Guard helped him get the job. He did the new hire orientation last week and was fitted for a uniform. Today and tomorrow he is in training to get his security guard training card. He starts work on Monday. $15 dollars an hour for his first job at age 19 is pretty darn good. Below is the link to his new job. David is also going back to school, starting this Spring.
securitas-logo.png
http://www.securitas.com/us/en/

Benefits?

Tony,

I'm not sure what is in his package. He already has health care thru the Army National Guard already so he will need to see which is a better deal. He gets darn good coverage for $60 a month thru the Army.

David has completed his Oregon security guard training and received his certificate. He has taken several orientations as well. Tonight he does on the job training at the site where he will be on patrol. Then he will start his 3) 12 hour shifts Monday thru Wednesday. This will allow him to go to school part time and do his once a month / weekend Army National Guard drills.

001-5.jpg

David has completed his Oregon security guard training and received his certificate. He has taken several orientations as well. Tonight he does on the job training at the site where he will be on patrol. Then he will start his 3) 12 hour shifts Monday thru Wednesday. This will allow him to go to school part time and do his once a month / weekend Army National Guard drills.

I think it is a benefit that the employer allows a long shift to accommodate school and training. A testament to a supporter of our troops!

Is it the "i" company?

I think it is a benefit that the employer allows a long shift to accommodate school and training. A testament to a supporter of our troops!

Is it the "i" company?

Yes Tony, they gave him that shift so he could do the schooling and Army Drills one week end a month. David will be patrolling a hospital dialysis center in Portland Oregon to provide security.

• 3 months later...

Thank God David is OK and no one else was hurt. He is a bit bruised and shaken up. Both airbags deployed. He is very sad about his car. This morning on his way home from work he ran off the road around a corner and hit a building. I have not seen it personally. I just flew home for the week end from work. The car is at a body shop to determine it's fate. It looks totaled to me. :(

IMG_0888.jpeg

IMG_1220.jpeg

IMG_3738.jpeg

Just found out from Elite auto body that it is totaled.

Steering column collapsed, Wheel alignment rails bent way out, frame bent, engine damage and 2 airbags deployed.

Toast :(

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe.
1 owner - 40,800 miles......
Tachometer,CD player,Air Conditioning,Tilt steering wheel,Speed-sensing steering,Front beverage holders,Speed control,Illuminated entry,Power steering,Telescoping steering wheel,Dual front impact airbags,Outside temperature display,Power windows,Passenger door bin,ABS brakes,Rear anti-roll bar,Dual front side impact airbags,Front anti-roll bar,Overhead airbag,Split folding rear seat,Speed-Sensitive Wipers,6 Speakers,Driver vanity mirror,Four wheel independent suspension,Trip computer,Delay-off headlights,AM/FM radio,Variably intermittent wipers,Power door mirrors,16" Steel Wheels,Rear window defroster,Low tire pressure warning,Contoured Reclining Front Bucket Seats,Bumpers: body-color,Occupant sensing airbag,AM/FM Stereo w/Single CD & 6 Speakers,Front Center Armrest w/Storage,Front reading lights,Security system,Remote keyless entry,Passenger vanity mirror,Overhead console,Front Bucket Seats,Anti-whiplash front head restraints,Driver door bin,Panic alarm,Cloth Seat Trim,4-Wheel Disc Brakes

Archived