TEAM SHELBY FORUM

There's a New Pony in Grabbers Stable

Grabber

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David is becoming a man, learning to service his country, I know you are so proud of him. I wish we had more young man like him these days.

Hearing my son with such conviction and passion say this creed gave me chills up my spine. So Proud !
The Infantryman's Creed!

This link shows the video:

I am the Infantry.
I am my country's strength in war
her deterrent in peace.
I am the heart of the fight-
whereever, whenever.
I carry America's faith and honor
against her enemies.
I am the Queen of Battle.

I am what my country expects me to be
the best trained soldier in the world.
In the race for victory
I am swift, determened, and courageous,
Armed with a fierce will to win.

Never will I betray my country's trust.
always I fight on-
through the foe,
to the objective,
to triumph over all,
If necessary, I will fight to my death.

By my steadfast courage,
I have won over 200 years of freedom.
I yeild not to weakness,
to hunger
to cowardice,
to fatigue,
to superior odds,
for I am mentally tough, physically strong,
and morally straight.

I forsake not-
my country,
my mission,
my comrades,
my sacred duty.

I am relentless.
I am always there,
now and forever.
I AM THE INFANTRY!
FOLLOW ME

David is in this group of soldiers saying the Army Oath.

Here is the video link:

"I, David Aichele, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

When we dropped David off Saturday night at Fort Sill Base we knew it would be along time before we would see him again. So we stuck around for a while to see what the soldiers were doing. All the soldiers gathered under the overhead cover and a couple drill Sargent s came out and told them "Good evening". The soldiers told the drill Sargent "Good evening" but they did not say it loud enough. They had to say it a few times to satisfy him. Then he told them that it was a good evening because they are now all finally soldiers. Then he broke them into groups to identify there bus out times and orders for Advance Individual Training.

What arizona base? (PM me because I usually don't follow this subforum). I'm guessing Ft. Huachuca as it is the US Army Intelligence Center. Be careful there - it's the real southwestern dessert but a stones throw from some of the best Western US history in the country. The OK Corral (Tombstone) and the Lavender Pit open copper mine (Bisbee) and lots of other significant historical places are nearby. Desert ratness is an acquired taste - it'll be hot and dry most of the time - but if he gets hooked he'll suffer combing back to your place. My cousin (who was born and raised in Phoenix) married a guy from Lake Oswego and they moved there. She couldn't get back to the desert fast enough. That is the way I feel - I love the desert and high and dry.

What arizona base? (PM me because I usually don't follow this subforum). I'm guessing Ft. Huachuca as it is the US Army Intelligence Center. Be careful there - it's the real southwestern dessert but a stones throw from some of the best Western US history in the country. The OK Corral (Tombstone) and the Lavender Pit open copper mine (Bisbee) and lots of other significant historical places are nearby. Desert ratness is an acquired taste - it'll be hot and dry most of the time - but if he gets hooked he'll suffer combing back to your place. My cousin (who was born and raised in Phoenix) married a guy from Lake Oswego and they moved there. She couldn't get back to the desert fast enough. That is the way I feel - I love the desert and high and dry.

Yes he is at Ft. Huachuca.

He is currently having a stuffy head cold trying to get used to the elevation difference.

Yes he is at Ft. Huachuca.

He is currently having a stuffy head cold trying to get used to the elevation difference.

P.S. I suspect it's not a head cold but allergies. Lots of foreign pollens down there, but most likely the dry dust forcing his sinuses into overdrive to make up for the lack of humidity. Believe me, I've lived in the arid areas for almost 40 years now (I couldn't stand it in the midwest). Tell him to get some saline spray and use it.

P.S. I suspect it's not a head cold but allergies. Lots of foreign pollens down there, but most likely the dry dust forcing his sinuses into overdrive to make up for the lack of humidity. Believe me, I've lived in the arid areas for almost 40 years now (I couldn't stand it in the midwest). Tell him to get some saline spray and use it.

Thanks for the tip. I will send him a note on that now. :rockon:

David is adjusting to his new location in the dessert in AZ. He feels much better. Below are 4 photos. David is part of the the "Mad Dogs" of Bulldawgs company. Also attached is his Military Intelligence Creed. David has now completed his first week of training to be a 35M "Human Intelligence collector". He is doing PT every day and he tells me his days are 12 hours long. He even has class today on Saturday for 12 hours.

The "Punishers" earned honor platoon during Basic Combat Training and beat the "outlaws", "Death Dealers" and "Assassins" . Nice work and congratulations ! David is very proud of his platoon and so am I.

Bulldawgs.jpg
MICreed.jpg
005-3.jpg
003-3.jpg

Wow, that is really cool. I knew a guy that went into that branch in 'Nam.

It's good he's getting acclimated to the southwest. Has he gone to any of the cool places around there yet? The OK Corral is not far away.

Tony,

Right now he just completed his first week of training and he does not have much spare time or the freedom to leave the base. In time that will come and he will tell me all about it. I sent him the info you gave me. Right now he even has home work in the evenings and about 15 or 20 extra minutes to call home and talk to us every other day. 1 in 5 do not make it to be a 35M so David is giving it his best.

Rob

Tony,

Right now he just completed his first week of training and he does not have much spare time or the freedom to leave the base. In time that will come and he will tell me all about it. I sent him the info you gave me. Right now he even has home work in the evenings and about 15 or 20 extra minutes to call home and talk to us every other day. 1 in 5 do not make it to be a 35M so David is giving it his best.

Rob

Shelby said "Farrari's ass is mine". He was also in the military and knew exactly what it meant.

Tell David that we all wish him the best.

Shelby said "Farrari's ass is mine". He was also in the military and knew exactly what it meant.

Tell David that we all wish him the best.

Thanks. I will tell him. David gets to come home for 2 weeks during Christmas break. Then he will be going back to AZ for the rest of his training.

Maybe over Christmas break David could take it easy and the 3 of you could do a " Tough Mudder " event ! :drop: I hope that you and Tana are firing up David's Mustang every once and a while to make sure it's ready for him when he comes home ! Did he write down the mileage before he left ? Remember Dad - NO JOY RIDES !!! You have your own car for that .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived