TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How many.....

Did search on this question, nothng came up...but if this topic has alredy been asked/answered, apologies for being repetitive.....

Is there a fairly recent count of how many 40th cars have been converted to date (includng both "base" versions and those that got additional power upgrades) and how many total are expected? I recall that at one time SAI was going to limit the 40th edition to 500 cars....is that still the plan ??

I believe that is correct. The last count several months ago was close to 400 total units signed up. I would think they have to be close to 200 or so units completed. They started cranking these out in November. I was in the low 30's and it was done in October.

This I know. There will be NO more than 500. I got the call last week that mine was finished, 229/500. I visited the shop this week, and saw my car. Sweet!!! And during the tour, they said they have sold 400 packages. What I don't know is if they are doing them sequencially or not, because I thought it was first come, first served, but the numbers were given our at random, so I don't necessarily think they have 229 done of the 400 sold.

• 4 weeks later...
This I know. There will be NO more than 500. I got the call last week that mine was finished, 229/500. I visited the shop this week, and saw my car. Sweet!!! And during the tour, they said they have sold 400 packages. What I don't know is if they are doing them sequencially or not, because I thought it was first come, first served, but the numbers were given our at random, so I don't necessarily think they have 229 done of the 400 sold.

The numbers were given out sequencially as the order was placed for the package. Production, however, is not sequencially.

Archived