TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Hood Scoop Thread

What a freakin' hassle!!!! I'm going to get the CS6 hood put on mine when I do the SC, but I wanted the stock hood to be fixed in case I ever sell the car. Looks like I'm in for a long haul. As it is now I can't find a dealer to do the fix, and Shelby won't allow a non-Ford auto body shop to do the work! :angry2: Maybe I'll just leave the friendly (it's waving) original scoop on with the two remaining rivets that are left, and just say :censored:

The CS6 hood comes with its own set of issues...but looks great!

You can't find a dealer to do the work? Shelby has nothing to do with this it's Ford Warranty and all warranty work has to be done through a dealer. The dealer can contract out to whomever. You can do as I did and find a body shop you like, go to the dealer and have them submit the claim, and then sub the work to the body shop of your choice with you taking responsibility for their work and agreeing to pay the difference, if any, between what Ford pays for the work to be done and what the body shop charges. I've done that twice with two different dealers in my quest to resolve my scoop issues.

The CS6 hood comes with its own set of issues...but looks great!

You can't find a dealer to do the work? Shelby has nothing to do with this it's Ford Warranty and all warranty work has to be done through a dealer. The dealer can contract out to whomever. You can do as I did and find a body shop you like, go to the dealer and have them submit the claim, and then sub the work to the body shop of your choice with you taking responsibility for their work and agreeing to pay the difference, if any, between what Ford pays for the work to be done and what the body shop charges. I've done that twice with two different dealers in my quest to resolve my scoop issues.

Oh okay! I was under the understanding that this was a Shelby warranty issue. I had my body shop call Shelby and they told him it had to be done by a Ford Body shop. I guess I have to go to the dealer (which by the way doesn't have a body shop) and talk to them in person. Thanx for the info Jeff.

Oh okay! I was under the understanding that this was a Shelby warranty issue. I had my body shop call Shelby and they told him it had to be done by a Ford Body shop. I guess I have to go to the dealer (which by the way doesn't have a body shop) and talk to them in person. Thanx for the info Jeff.

Be sure to download, read, and bring the Warranty info and process found here:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42709

Good luck!

Well, they have the template/scoop all lined up and the hood is "ready" for drilling. They believe they know how to crimp the rivet nuts; their gun didn't work so they bought a new one. I'm going first thing in the morning to make sure everything is dead center before they start drilling. Fingers still crossed that everthing goes well the first time !

Well, they have the template/scoop all lined up and the hood is "ready" for drilling. They believe they know how to crimp the rivet nuts; their gun didn't work so they bought a new one. I'm going first thing in the morning to make sure everything is dead center before they start drilling. Fingers still crossed that everthing goes well the first time !

Not sure how I feel about a dealer doing this work but I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

Not sure how I feel about a dealer doing this work but I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

Yeah, I understand how you feel. Fortunately, they have been very cooperative and careful. The scoop alignment looks good; holes to be drilled next ! They said they were going to paint on the scoop stripe instead of using the tape so that the blacks match up perfectly. The shop foreman's buddy has a KR so he appreciates these babies :) I had told him that it was in both of our's best interest to work together and get it done right the first time; that it would save both of us lots of headaches. The man calls me "sir"....

I should be getting it back next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Oh yeah........and today, I ordered one of these: http://www.jegs.com/i/Paxton/769/1001853SL/10002/-1 :happy feet:

I have given up on Registry Approved Mods and will do my own; to much damn $$$$

To me; it will always be a Shelby. All original parts will be tagged and stored.

Yeah, I understand how you feel. Fortunately, they have been very cooperative and careful. The scoop alignment looks good; holes to be drilled next ! They said they were going to paint on the scoop stripe instead of using the tape so that the blacks match up perfectly. The shop foreman's buddy has a KR so he appreciates these babies :) I had told him that it was in both of our's best interest to work together and get it done right the first time; that it would save both of us lots of headaches. The man calls me "sir"....

Oh yeah........and today, I ordered one of these: http://www.jegs.com/i/Paxton/769/1001853SL/10002/-1 :happy feet:

To me; it will always be a Shelby. All original parts will be tagged and stored.

VERY NICE!

NICE PRICE!

WOW, that is a nice price for that SC.... saving yourself plenty of $$$ for other upgrades, well done.

I received this email from the Ford dealer this morning,

"HI KEN, THE REASON IM WRITING TO YOU. IT LOOKS LIKE WE DIDNOT GET THE OLD HOOD SCOOP BACK. THE FIRST BODY SHOP LEFT IT IN YOUR CAR. DO YOU STILL HAVE IT ? IT IS VITALY IMPORTANT WE GET IT BACK. IF YOU HAVE IT WE WILL SEND A DRIVER TO PICK IT UP. PLEASE GET BACK TO ME A.S.A.P. DAVID"

Hmm.. Well if these guys weren't so incompetent, maybe I would give a :censored: but "them's the breaks" I guess.

Ken

I received this email from the Ford dealer this morning,

"HI KEN, THE REASON IM WRITING TO YOU. IT LOOKS LIKE WE DIDNOT GET THE OLD HOOD SCOOP BACK. THE FIRST BODY SHOP LEFT IT IN YOUR CAR. DO YOU STILL HAVE IT ? IT IS VITALY IMPORTANT WE GET IT BACK. IF YOU HAVE IT WE WILL SEND A DRIVER TO PICK IT UP. PLEASE GET BACK TO ME A.S.A.P. DAVID"

Hmm.. Well if these guys weren't so incompetent, maybe I would give a :censored: but "them's the breaks" I guess.

Ken

Hood Scoop what hood scoop ? Fur gedda bout it.....Already sent to the Shelby Children s Foundation and we can't disappoint the children now can we

Take Care

Andrew

Hood Scoop what hood scoop ? Fur gedda bout it.....Already sent to the Shelby Children s Foundation and we can't disappoint the children now can we

Take Care

Andrew

:hysterical:

Get outta my head! I'm totally copying you on that too, by the way. The signed scoop looks awesome and will be a great convo piece in my shop!

Ken

:hysterical:

Get outta my head! I'm totally copying you on that too, by the way. The signed scoop looks awesome and will be a great convo piece in my shop!

Ken

PAYBACKS ARE A BITCH !! :P

:hysterical2:

PAYBACKS ARE A BITCH !! :P

:hysterical2:

:hysterical: I agree my man!

I'm fairly certain that SAI will avoid having to pay a nickel this way. Why else would the dealer be so concerned about getting the original scoop back?

Those clowns did nothing but cause me grief from the moment this whole deal started. I don't feel bad about keeping it at all, especially if it means that they foot the bill instead of Shelby.

Ken

I'm fairly certain that SAI will avoid having to pay a nickel this way. Why else would the dealer be so concerned about getting the original scoop back?

Those clowns did nothing but cause me grief from the moment this whole deal started. I don't feel bad about keeping it at all, especially if it means that they foot the bill instead of Shelby.

Ken

Your dealer is going to get socked for the cost of the scoop plus they're not going to get paid for the warranty work now...and it's not Shelby's money it's the money that Ford sets aside for warranty repair on all cars. In all your dealer is probably out almost a $1000 for this, not counting the cost of the all the rework, as Ford only pays once. That's why he's so concerned...and maybe for his job too.

Edited by JeffIsHereToo

Ken

The dealer MUST get the original scoop back to get reimbursed through Ford.

The reason that SAI and Ford want the scoops back is so that they can be destroyed. This way, bad scoops won't be floating around months and years from now. ;)

Your dealer is going to get socked for the cost of the scoop plus they're not going to get paid for the warranty work now...and it's not Shelby's money it's the money that Ford sets aside for warranty repair on all cars. In all your dealer is probably out almost a $1000 for this, not counting the cost of the all the rework, as Ford only pays once. That's why he's so concerned...and maybe for his job too.

Oh well. Not my problem. The fact that I'm hearing about this a month later is evidence enough of their incompetence.

IMO, the guy that I dealt with shouldn't be employed in this industry. He's terrible at it, offers horrible customer service, acts like an ass, and doesn't seem to care about his job at all. I've had several run ins with this guy over the last several months and I feel zero sympathy for him now.

Ken

The dealer MUST get the original scoop back to get reimbursed through Ford.

The reason that SAI and Ford want the scoops back is so that they can be destroyed. This way, bad scoops won't be floating around months and years from now. ;)

Trust me, no one wants this scoop on top of their car, now or ever. ;)

Oh well. Not my problem. The fact that I'm hearing about this a month later is evidence enough of their incompetence.

IMO, the guy that I dealt with shouldn't be employed in this industry. He's terrible at it, offers horrible customer service, acts like an ass, and doesn't seem to care about his job at all. I've had several run ins with this guy over the last several months and I feel zero sympathy for him now.

Ken

To be fair, the guy probably didn't know, the process is outside the normal one and by the time the dealer files their completed work order, and Ford comes back with "where's the scoop", I can see it being a month. While the guy may not have had the best customer service skills, the dealer did get everything fixed, so don't you think they deserve to be paid? Now that they are asking for the scoop back I think you should give it to them for no other reason than just bad Karma Ken... IMHO! But you're mileage may vary!

Edited by JeffIsHereToo

To be fair, the guy probably didn't know, the process is outside the normal one and by the time the dealer files their completed work order, and Ford comes back with "where's the scoop", I can see it being a month. While the guy may not have had the best customer service skills, the dealer did get everything fixed, so don't you think they deserve to be paid? Now that they are asking for the scoop back I think you should give it to them for no other reason than just bad Karma Ken... IMHO! But you're mileage may vary!

I've dealt with this clown on much more than just the scoop.

They didn't get anything fixed. My shop got it fixed. The dealer cut them a PO for $300. I paid the other $1200, to make sure it was done right.

Bad karma or not, I'm keeping the scoop. Excuse me while I get back to not giving a :censored:.

Ken ;)

EDIT: If it comes down to it, I'll cut them a check for their $300. Regardless, the scoop is boxed and labeled for the CSCF.

Edited by kahmann

I've dealt with this clown on much more than just the scoop.

They didn't get anything fixed. My shop got it fixed. The dealer cut them a PO for $300. I paid the other $1200, to make sure it was done right.

Bad karma or not, I'm keeping the scoop. Excuse me while I get back to not giving a :censored:.

Ken ;)

EDIT: If it comes down to it, I'll cut them a check for their $300. Regardless, the scoop is boxed and labeled for the CSCF.

I wondering if CSCF will keep it knowing it is a warrenty scoop and they will ask how you got it knowing that all should of been destroyed. I think they would in their right have the right to destroy it when they get it, now that you let everyone at SAI know of this, I would of kept it on the down low.

I agree with Jeff - I have had many problems, more than yours with my guy at Ford, I think I at first would have kept it then thought about the "right thing to do" and gave it back, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. IMO

John

Edited by bigtv

Ummmm, had you not publicly on a forum that SAI personnel regularly visit and post, I would have agreed with you as to having a response of ????? Don't know what happened to the scoop.

But, now that you have openly stated you have the scoop, kinda hard to go along with that stance!

Not to mention, this may have future repracausions for you if/when you have any other SAI related warranty issues!

On the other hand, I would have loved to keep my original for art work on the wall!

Edited by stngfever

I wondering if CSCF will keep it knowing it is a warrenty scoop and they will ask how you got it knowing that all should of been destroyed. I think they would in their right have the right to destroy it when they get it, now that you let everyone at SAI know of this, I would of kept it on the down low.

I agree with Jeff - I have had many problems, more than yours with my guy at Ford, I think I at first would have kept it then thought about the "right thing to do" and gave it back, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. IMO

John

Which flies would I catch with honey in this circumstance?

I PAID a whole lot of money out of pocket to make this scoop problem right on my car.

I owe them nothing more. Andrew's scoop didn't get swiped by the CSCF and I'm positive this one won't either.

As for future warranty claims, I'm at 26K miles. I'm not too worried about it. Thanks so much for everyone's concern though. Very heart warming :hysterical:

Which flies would I catch with honey in this circumstance?

I PAID a whole lot of money out of pocket to make this scoop problem right on my car.

I owe them nothing more. Andrew's scoop didn't get swiped by the CSCF and I'm positive this one won't either.

As for future warranty claims, I'm at 26K miles. I'm not too worried about it. Thanks so much for everyone's concern though. Very heart warming :hysterical:

+1

Keep the scoop and stop the poop !

Mine is proudly displayed in my office at work.

web.jpg

Take Care

Andrew

+1

web.jpg

Take Care

Andrew

Your scoop is yours and was your take off from buying the Chip Beck scoop.

That's very different than what we're talking about here.

Edited by JeffIsHereToo

+1

web.jpg

Take Care

Andrew

That's not a scoop; that's a trophy !! :salute:

Edited by rush_junky

GOT MY CAR BACK....YOU BE THE JUDGE....

ATTACHED ARE THE UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS...

BEFORE

beforefront.jpg

AFTER

afterfront.jpg

BEFORE

beforeleft.jpg

AFTER

afterleft.jpg

BEFORE

beforeright.jpg

AFTER

afterright.jpg

AFTER

cornerleft.jpg

AFTER

cornerright.jpg

AFTER

top.jpg

Special_Instructions_Rev_B.doc

Special_Instructions_Rev_B.doc

GOT MY CAR BACK....YOU BE THE JUDGE....

Wow, looks 1000 times better!

However, at the risk of being too critical, it looks to me that like they got the new stripes a little wide in the back and too narrow in the front. Also, it appears they did not countersink the holes, at least from the top. But again, it looks 1000 times better than before, plus with the rivet nuts you can always remove the scoop whenever you have the need. It's amazing that they did all the extra work to install the rivet nuts for what Shelby pays to do the replacement. -Steve

Wow, looks 1000 times better!

However, at the risk of being too critical, it looks to me that like they got the new stripes a little wide in the back and too narrow in the front. Also, it appears they did not countersink the holes, at least from the top. But again, it looks 1000 times better than before, plus with the rivet nuts you can always remove the scoop whenever you have the need. It's amazing that they did all the extra work to install the rivet nuts for what Shelby pays to do the replacement. -Steve

Good observations...I'm going to countersink the top of the holes myself. They did countersink the scoop holes on the bottom at my request to make it sit flush all the way around. The hood stripes are 1 inch apart from front to back, so those are OK. They painted the stripe on the scoop and it was way off the first time; they had to do it over which in-turn, they had to re-paint the scoop silver.