TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Hood Scoop Thread

Well all my fears about leaving my SGT with my local doofus dealer for the scoop/stripe replacement have come to fruition. I just picked it up an hour or so ago.

The most obvious mistake was that they FORGOT to put the blue stripe down the center of the scoop! LOL

If that was it, however, I'd be a happy camper. Unfortunately, there's more. The rivets look horrible from the outside. The holes of the rivets are full of tiny broken chunks of metal. Some of the rivets aren't straight. The stripes are not spaced properly. The gap is bigger at the windshield side than at the tip of the hood. It looks ridiculous. The black plate at the front of the scoop is sitting off of the hood at least 1/4" on one side and digging into the hood on the other side.

Lastly, there is a huge air bubble under the passenger side stripe where it meets the end of the hood near the windshield. I'll post pics of all this crap when I have the nerve to look at it long enough to take some.

Instead of flipping out at the moron I've been dealing with the entire time, I just pointed all of the problems out and explained that I'd be finding another dealer for all future work and not to worry about getting a blue stripe for the scoop. Anyway, I'm going to grab a drink or 5.

Ken

The scoop block not conforming to the hood is what caused my stripe damage. It was fine until the new scoop.

Why is it made flat, like the hood is flat!?!

I had thought of removing this piece for a better look, but now with a cut in the stripe at that location, a couple dozen extra holes in the hood, all I can think is- new hood- just to end the debacle. Can the GT hood be striped easily?

I wouldn't have accepted it and demanded they do it again. Ford is not going to pay for this again. The dealer will have to fix at their expense and I can't see them being willing to pay another dealer...but I could be wrong!

Well the service manager wasn't happy with what I said. He wants me to come back Monday to figure something out. I'm going to ask him to allow me to use the shop of my choice.

If he can't do that, I need to get on the phone with Shelby and the dealer nearest my work to see if there's anything they can do.

While taking some pics just now, I noticed that the new scoop has a small chip in it near one of the rivets. All in all, this new setup looks infinitely worse than the original.

I'll keep you posted.

Ken

p.s. Pics will be uploaded shortly.

EDIT: I need to mention that the scoop itself is beautiful, especially compared to the original Tupperware. Jeff, you were certainly right, the new scoop is a night/day difference over the original one.

My only complaint is the poor quality of work by the dealer's body shop.

Edited by kahmann

I wouldn't have accepted it and demanded they do it again. Ford is not going to pay for this again. The dealer will have to fix at their expense and I can't see them being willing to pay another dealer...but I could be wrong!

Here is the TRUTH about the "SCOOP" ........only one acceptable fix is availiable , and that is the Heath /Beck Scoop . They are a perfect fit , and they are totally stable in any environmental conditions. The only acceptable way to to make the installation is to put the opening in the hood ......................this is not that hard if you are a REAL car guy , gear head, mechnaic , machinist, engineer, do it yourself , menatally capable of challenging yourself a little ....................UH ya,,, if you have never changed a tire , spark plugs , oil , used a screw driver , cresent wrench , don't know the difference between a Phillips ,and a common, or a box-end, from open end , ....................maybe you should have help ......................usually people that buya car like this have some skills...........

I couldn't wait to cut the hole in my hood ............even after paying the 45K for this car .................hell they left the best part undone I knew someone would build a REAL scoop for it ,,,,,,,,,even if it is just a heat exractor .....................the FAUX scoop is a embarrasment , I hated it ,,,,,,,Skip and Heath's scoop is the only exterior detail that respect's the quintesential essence of a "SHELBY" when we were kids in the Sixty's in Long Beacb Ca. a stones throw from all the Shelby facilities , we all knew that "SHELBYS" had SCOOPS < SCOOPS < SCOOPS!!!!!!!!!!

Every kid I grew up with knew every brand on the road , and all the cars at Lions Drag Strip , and at Riverside ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,none would look at this Shelby-GT , and say WOW!! LLOOK AT THAT BITCHIN FAKE SCOOP!!.........................what they have said is the "FORD" , Mustang is such a good rememberance of my youth ..........I'll buy this cool one .............and of course thats all SAI really wanted ...........Sell Cars .............Design Integrity , Quality Assurance in Manufacturing , Customer Service is not upper most in their minds.

I would recommend that you call the Shelby Customer Relationship Center and ask them to find out what's being done to fix your SGT. I doubt anyone has gotten a discounted CS6 replacement hood. There should be no reason they can't lay the stripes, like normal.

The dealer suggested I contact them as well.

They said they can't do the stripe, that's their reason.

Is it only the CS6 at a discounted price, and how much would that be?

I suspect the dealers reluctance to continue is the support (lack thereof) from Shelby and Ford. They will not pay as much this time for the labor, as my dealer is now "experienced" at this type of work after one experiment; my car. They were told that the imperfection with the mating surfaces was the dealers responsibility to notice before installation.

BTW, the paint on the passenger side of the scoop is already faded, about one month on the car.

The dealer did a great job making the scoop appear straight on the hood, even though the stripes were not perfect. Their job was great. I pointed out the gap under one side where you could obviously see a gouge in the scoop, probably from a sander, and the block off the hood on one side and flat on the other. That is when we talked about removing the block when we get the new scoop, knowing full well that doing so will void any warranty on the scoop. Wish we did it then, before the stripe damage.

Here is the TRUTH about the "SCOOP" ........only one acceptable fix is availiable , and that is the Heath /Beck Scoop . They are a perfect fit , and they are totally stable in any environmental conditions. The only acceptable way to to make the installation is to put the opening in the hood ......................this is not that hard if you are a REAL car guy , gear head, mechnaic , machinist, engineer, do it yourself , menatally capable of challenging yourself a little ....................UH ya,,, if you have never changed a tire , spark plugs , oil , used a screw driver , cresent wrench , don't know the difference between a Phillips ,and a common, or a box-end, from open end , ....................maybe you should have help ......................usually people that buya car like this have some skills...........

I couldn't wait to cut the hole in my hood ............even after paying the 45K for this car .................hell they left the best part undone I knew someone would build a REAL scoop for it ,,,,,,,,,even if it is just a heat exractor .....................the FAUX scoop is a embarrasment , I hated it ,,,,,,,Skip and Heath's scoop is the only exterior detail that respect's the quintesential essence of a "SHELBY" when we were kids in the Sixty's in Long Beacb Ca. a stones throw from all the Shelby facilities , we all knew that "SHELBYS" had SCOOPS < SCOOPS < SCOOPS!!!!!!!!!!

Every kid I grew up with knew every brand on the road , and all the cars at Lions Drag Strip , and at Riverside ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,none would look at this Shelby-GT , and say WOW!! LLOOK AT THAT BITCHIN FAKE SCOOP!!.........................what they have said is the "FORD" , Mustang is such a good rememberance of my youth ..........I'll buy this cool one .............and of course thats all SAI really wanted ...........Sell Cars .............Design Integrity , Quality Assurance in Manufacturing , Customer Service is not upper most in their minds.

First off, I seriously considered buying Heath's scoop. I called and spoke with him for a bit and was ready to buy. However, the replacement scoop from SAI looks just as nice as the one from Phoenix Composites, IMO. I could find a lot better things to spend those several hundred dollars on.

Secondly, I am a mechanic by trade. I've worked on natural gas fired recip engines as a living since I was 19 years old. I'm currently director of operations for a 4 MW power plant, which houses 4 of these monsters. I've built several cars from the ground up, modified every car I've ever owned, and torn engines to the block and rebuilt them so they run just for fun. That doesn't mean I know jack about body work, paint, or anything not..well..mechanical. I'm not about to take a rotozip to the hood of my precious Shelby.

Lastly, I have every intention of farming that job out with my new, free scoop. I want nothing more than to see light through the opening of this thing. I'm just not qualified or experienced with modifying car hoods and this car, to me anyway, isn't a good place to learn. Just my .02 on your rant. :)

Ken

For MANY months I have kept ALL hood scoop posts to two threads and we need to keep it that way or loose valuable information.

i wasnt taking a shot at you jeff just giving an explanation why i reposted. i fully understand why you closed it, i didnt think about posting it here though i should have done that from the start.

First off, I seriously considered buying Heath's scoop. I called and spoke with him for a bit and was ready to buy. However, the replacement scoop from SAI looks just as nice as the one from Phoenix Composites, IMO. I could find a lot better things to spend those several hundred dollars on.

Secondly, I am a mechanic by trade. I've worked on natural gas fired recip engines as a living since I was 19 years old. I'm currently director of operations for a 4 MW power plant, which houses 4 of these monsters. I've built several cars from the ground up, modified every car I've ever owned, and torn engines to the block and rebuilt them so they run just for fun. That doesn't mean I know jack about body work, paint, or anything not..well..mechanical. I'm not about to take a rotozip to the hood of my precious Shelby.

Lastly, I have every intention of farming that job out with my new, free scoop. I want nothing more than to see light through the opening of this thing. I'm just not qualified or experienced with modifying car hoods and this car, to me anyway, isn't a good place to learn. Just my .02 on your rant. :)

Ken

Your .02 is as good as mine ..................what makes me most crazy about this thing is dealerships that don't stand behind their stated warranty, they should be absolutely for the customer ,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have so little time , and so little time left ,I could not take the frustration of dealing with them , they just didn't want to hear about it , as always I found it much less frustrating and more rewarding to do it in my own garage , I have done most of my own mods so this was just one more ...........I didn't have to paint anything , had my own strips made (Ihave a bunch of white strips if any one needs them "FREE"). Beyond my opinion of SAI , which is low , I think Ford did a fantastic job on this car, and love driving it , but I sorta of knew that with the downturn in the economy , and the impact on corporations , that their privilege as corporations would allow them to put the most minimal effort in this warranted repair , not a penny more ,and still write it off. I still think its all accounting to SAI, and Dealerships at this point. Chip Beck is an individual who wanted a part done right and I knew their would that person out their with the means to produce it , the corporate world just doesn't work that way , and it shows in how they are fairing now.

Your .02 is as good as mine ..................what makes me most crazy about this thing is dealerships that don't stand behind their stated warranty, they should be absolutely for the customer ,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have so little time , and so little time left ,I could not take the frustration of dealing with them , they just didn't want to hear about it , as always I found it much less frustrating and more rewarding to do it in my own garage , I have done most of my own mods so this was just one more ...........I didn't have to paint anything , had my own strips made (Ihave a bunch of white strips if any one needs them "FREE"). Beyond my opinion of SAI , which is low , I think Ford did a fantastic job on this car, and love driving it , but I sorta of knew that with the downturn in the economy , and the impact on corporations , that their privilege as corporations would allow them to put the most minimal effort in this warranted repair , not a penny more ,and still write it off. I still think its all accounting to SAI, and Dealerships at this point. Chip Beck is an individual who wanted a part done right and I knew their would that person out their with the means to produce it , the corporate world just doesn't work that way , and it shows in how they are fairing now.

+1

I agree with everything in your post.

Ken

Edited by kahmann

So far my new scoop looks good, but I keep thinking at some point it's just going to go "sproing" and pop off!! I guess I'm paranoid about that. I am curious to see what it does when it's 5 degrees outside next winter. The original tupperware scoop would curl up at each corner.

edit - Ken - sorry to read of your troubles. You should definitely get on the phone w/ the Shelby warranty people and voice your displeasure. They have been very helpful to me in the past. Like any place, however, some guys will be more understanding than others.

Edited by ilmor

The scoop block not conforming to the hood is what caused my stripe damage. It was fine until the new scoop.

Why is it made flat, like the hood is flat!?!

I had thought of removing this piece for a better look, but now with a cut in the stripe at that location, a couple dozen extra holes in the hood, all I can think is- new hood- just to end the debacle. Can the GT hood be striped easily?

Your dealer can contract it out to a good auto graphics house. If I were you I would find one and pay the difference, if any, above the warranty labor amount, to get it done right.

That's what I did.

Edited by JeffIsHereToo

Well the service manager wasn't happy with what I said. He wants me to come back Monday to figure something out. I'm going to ask him to allow me to use the shop of my choice.

If he can't do that, I need to get on the phone with Shelby and the dealer nearest my work to see if there's anything they can do.

While taking some pics just now, I noticed that the new scoop has a small chip in it near one of the rivets. All in all, this new setup looks infinitely worse than the original.

I'll keep you posted.

Ken

p.s. Pics will be uploaded shortly.

EDIT: I need to mention that the scoop itself is beautiful, especially compared to the original Tupperware. Jeff, you were certainly right, the new scoop is a night/day difference over the original one.

My only complaint is the poor quality of work by the dealer's body shop.

I would tell him the solution is simple but going to cost him money. They are going to have to order a new scoop and a new set of stripes. YOU will find a good auto graphics shop to do the stripes and a first rate body shop to do the scoop. THEY will contract out to those shops to get the work done right and NEVER hear from you again. Otherwise they can keep messing it up and redoing it for as long as their bank account holds up!

It was a hassle for me doing this, running around from shop to shop, but in the end I think I got a MUCH better product back.

Edited by JeffIsHereToo

So far my new scoop looks good, but I keep thinking at some point it's just going to go "sproing" and pop off!! I guess I'm paranoid about that. I am curious to see what it does when it's 5 degrees outside next winter. The original tupperware scoop would curl up at each corner.

edit - Ken - sorry to read of your troubles. You should definitely get on the phone w/ the Shelby warranty people and voice your displeasure. They have been very helpful to me in the past. Like any place, however, some guys will be more understanding than others.

Mine lasted though the winter, and minus 20 temps, and yesterday with 80 degree temps,it still looks fine.

:lurk:

...If I were you I would find one and pay the difference, if any, above the warranty labor amount, to get it done right.

That's what I did.

That's the plan and the body shop manager is already working with me. Like I said previously, my Ford dealer body shop did a great job with a not so great product.

all these problems with the SAI parts and Ford dealers is why I too have opted for Beck scoop maybe Shelby should have used this scoop this issue must be causing money problems. I have seen pictures os the Heath Beck scoop all installs look good, the scoop and hardware look perfect as are the instructions and support will have the body shop that did work on my 67 Shelby I turst them more than any dealer you get what you pay for. I am so glad after second scoop I stooped thsi has turned into can of worms for SAI. Is this my there is no 2010 SGT too many problems for Ford to cover?

all these problems with the SAI parts and Ford dealers is why I too have opted for Beck scoop maybe Shelby should have used this scoop this issue must be causing money problems. I have seen pictures os the Heath Beck scoop all installs look good, the scoop and hardware look perfect as are the instructions and support will have the body shop that did work on my 67 Shelby I turst them more than any dealer you get what you pay for. I am so glad after second scoop I stooped thsi has turned into can of worms for SAI. Is this my there is no 2010 SGT too many problems for Ford to cover?

I don't think there is any real issue with the new scoops. The issue is they're being put on by people that don't have a clue using the dealer. When people that buy Chip's scoop they either put it on themselves or do so using a quality body shop of their choice. Now no doubt Chips scoop is still a better quality scoop and all, but there are more than a few of us that have had the scoop and stripes done right and it's fine when done by the right person. I suspect these dealers with the messed up stripes and and installs would be just as able to mess up an install using Chip's scoop.

Edited by JeffIsHereToo

I had my dealer get me the stripes and scoop and they were going to install but I didn't trust that it would get done right so I decided to handle it myself. In looking at the new scoop, which isn't drilled for the rivets, I was thinking it would look alot better if it could be attached without them. The rivets to me look like a backyard kid did them. Maybe it was state of the art 40+ years ago but now I think hidden fasteners would look better. So I'm looking at figuring out how to do that now. A combo of 3M tape and some inner bolts should do it I think. I may also make it functional while I'm at it. The stripes I'm going to save and have a set made that are flat silver like the paint on the scoop. At least if I mess it up, it will give me an excuse to get a new hood, which is what I want anyway.

I had my dealer get me the stripes and scoop and they were going to install but I didn't trust that it would get done right so I decided to handle it myself. In looking at the new scoop, which isn't drilled for the rivets, I was thinking it would look alot better if it could be attached without them. The rivets to me look like a backyard kid did them. Maybe it was state of the art 40+ years ago but now I think hidden fasteners would look better. So I'm looking at figuring out how to do that now. A combo of 3M tape and some inner bolts should do it I think. I may also make it functional while I'm at it. The stripes I'm going to save and have a set made that are flat silver like the paint on the scoop. At least if I mess it up, it will give me an excuse to get a new hood, which is what I want anyway.

I also had my dealer hand me my replacement hood stripes which I installed last week.

Saw the new scoop sent to replace my current scoop. It sucked too. So we looked at another one sent for some other guy, it sucked worse. Paint job on both of them had some major flaws, like not painted evenly before clear coat. Felt dips and bumps on the mating surface.

Going to try and work with the one on it now. What bites about that is; once I start doing stuff to it myself, the warranty is voided. My dealer body shop is going to help.

Thought about making it functional but don't want the engine bay getting any dirtier or wetter than it already does.

Still have had no response from ANYONE about this supposed discounted replacement hood.

Saw the new scoop sent to replace my current scoop. It sucked too. So we looked at another one sent for some other guy, it sucked worse. Paint job on both of them had some major flaws, like not painted evenly before clear coat. Felt dips and bumps on the mating surface.

Going to try and work with the one on it now. What bites about that is; once I start doing stuff to it myself, the warranty is voided. My dealer body shop is going to help.

Thought about making it functional but don't want the engine bay getting any dirtier or wetter than it already does.

Still have had no response from ANYONE about this supposed discounted replacement hood.

I disagree with this. I would send it back for another until you got a well painted one. Fundamentally these scoops are FAR FAR FAR better quality and material wise and will last far longer than the scoop you have. The scoop you have is known to cause issues. i know someone that had 4 sent before they got one with a good paint job, it can be done, keep at it!

You'll have to search on AmyB's posts to find the hood offer or why not just call SPP and ask?

I'm surprised to read about paint flaws, dips and bumps in the newest scoop. I just had mine replace a couple of months ago and its flawless as far as I can tell.

I'm surprised to read about paint flaws, dips and bumps in the newest scoop. I just had mine replace a couple of months ago and its flawless as far as I can tell.

I had the body shop paint mine to match the color of the stripes (yes the new stripes have more metallic than the hood scoop paint) plus paint the black stripe and clear coat to a smooth show car finish (no edges on the stripe). It costs $100 extra.

I'm always dreaming that when I get the money, I'm going to have the whole car repainted with the stripes, clearcoat and show car sand and buff. But that's alot of money.

I disagree with this. I would send it back for another until you got a well painted one. Fundamentally these scoops are FAR FAR FAR better quality and material wise and will last far longer than the scoop you have. The scoop you have is known to cause issues. i know someone that had 4 sent before they got one with a good paint job, it can be done, keep at it!

You'll have to search on AmyB's posts to find the hood offer or why not just call SPP and ask?

The current scoop is the NEW one. The material on the ones they are sending seems to be different than the first one they sent me. Still fiberglass, just not the same quality.

We did reject these and more are probably going to be sent.

Oh, and that black block under the scoop was pitted badly on both I looked at. Mine is deteriorating: rub my finger on it and finger turns black.

Edited by SHANE-O-MAN

The current scoop is the NEW one. The material on the ones they are sending seems to be different than the first one they sent me. Still fiberglass, just not the same quality.

We did reject these and more are probably going to be sent.

Oh, and that black block under the scoop was pitted badly on both I looked at. Mine is deteriorating: rub my finger on it and finger turns black.

I'm confused, not surprising I know, so your current scoop, the one you're looking to replace, is a replacement scoop for the car's original scoop? I thought you were keeping an original scoop not the updated one. What's wrong with that scoop?

I'm confused, not surprising I know, so your current scoop, the one you're looking to replace, is a replacement scoop for the car's original scoop? I thought you were keeping an original scoop not the updated one. What's wrong with that scoop?

Gap under passenger side of scoop, does not mate flat to hood. Black block under scoop not conformed to hood (rubbing on left, 1/4 inch above hood on right) and now damaging hood stripe (rubbing a cut into stripe and pushing it to the front of the scoop). Sent the following pics to warranty, they approved new scoop and now new stripes. Rejected scoop(s) and now waiting, hopefully no more ADDITIONAL problems due to current scoop.

You can see the "feathering" of the paint here as well

IMGA0417.JPG

This is a little large, but check the quality of the black material

IMGA0587.JPG

Gap under passenger side of scoop, does not mate flat to hood. Black block under scoop not conformed to hood (rubbing on left, 1/4 inch above hood on right) and now damaging hood stripe (rubbing a cut into stripe and pushing it to the front of the scoop). Sent the following pics to warranty, they approved new scoop and now new stripes. Rejected scoop(s) and now waiting, hopefully no more ADDITIONAL problems due to current scoop.

Yeah, that would be bad!

I don't think there is any real issue with the new scoops. The issue is they're being put on by people that don't have a clue using the dealer. When people that buy Chip's scoop they either put it on themselves or do so using a quality body shop of their choice. Now no doubt Chips scoop is still a better quality scoop and all, but there are more than a few of us that have had the scoop and stripes done right and it's fine when done by the right person. I suspect these dealers with the messed up stripes and and installs would be just as able to mess up an install using Chip's scoop.

Jeff,

Inexperienced body shop or dealer personnel would certainly be capable of screwing up anything, no matter how well fitted or how well engineered. It does appear however, that the new fiberglass Shelby scoop is of inconsistent quality as regards both its molding and painting. Some members have received them and been thrilled with an excellent part while others have rejected more than one.

The Heath Scoop is unquestionably a better part with a better fit to the hood surface. It will be interesting to see how the Shelby Fiberglas scoop holds up over the years. The vinyl ester resin fiberglass used in the Heath scoop has already demonstrated its ability to last over a quarter of a century in difficult aviation environments and applications.

I am still not sold on the idea of pop riveting a rigid scoop to an aluminum hood with a thin/easily damaged piece of vinyl striping sandwiched in between. The photo in a previous post of the silver stripe bunching up in front of that black plastic block off plate on that orange SGT is an example of the long-term peril that awaits.

I strongly suggest, no matter what hood scoop a member uses, that the scoop be painted by a competent local body shop who can match the color of your stripes. At the same time they are painting your hood scoop, I suggest they paint the stripes on your hood as well. All SGTs come from the factory with a mix of painted and vinyl stripes. The silver on the hood scoop is paint and the silver on the rest of the car is vinyl. Painting the stripes on the hood as well as the hood scoop eliminates future inevitable problems that will result from smashing those vinyl stripes in between two hard surfaces. I have exhibited my car over a dozen times at automobile shows. Nobody has noticed that the stripes on my hood are painted and the stripes on the roof and bumper of my car are vinyl as the color is a perfect match.

I have seen many of our members endure $10,000 worth of grief and aggravation making countless trips back to the dealership. I intend to keep my SGT in my collection for many years so it was worth the money I spent to put all of these issues behind me. My hood and hood scoop are now two years old and have endured many afternoons in Arizona's 120° heat as well as being exposed to sub freezing temperatures. Everything is perfect. All the best.

Chip

post-12804-1241546702_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1241546601_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1241546587_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1241546587_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1241546601_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1241546702_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChipBeck

Chip,

MAN I just love that last picture :happy feet: Too bad this wasn't the way they all came from SAI :headscratch:

Any idea how long Heath will be offering his version of the SGT Hood Scoop???

With the economy in the tank right now, I just can't justify the $$$ right now :talkhand:

THANKS!

Gregg

07SGT0547

EDIT = Do you have a template available for making the hood functional???

Edited by 07SGT0547

Jeff,

Inexperienced body shop or dealer personnel would certainly be capable of screwing up anything, no matter how well fitted or how well engineered. It does appear however, that the new fiberglass Shelby scoop is of inconsistent quality as regards both its molding and painting. Some members have received them and been thrilled with an excellent part while others have rejected more than one.

The Heath Scoop is unquestionably a better part with a better fit to the hood surface. It will be interesting to see how the Shelby Fiberglas scoop holds up over the years. The vinyl ester resin fiberglass used in the Heath scoop has already demonstrated its ability to last over a quarter of a century in difficult aviation environments and applications.

I am still not sold on the idea of pop riveting a rigid scoop to an aluminum hood with a thin/easily damaged piece of vinyl striping sandwiched in between. The photo in a previous post of the silver stripe bunching up in front of that black plastic block off plate on that orange SGT is an example of the long-term peril that awaits.

I strongly suggest, no matter what hood scoop a member uses, that the scoop be painted by a competent local body shop who can match the color of your stripes. At the same time they are painting your hood scoop, I suggest they paint the stripes on your hood as well. All SGTs come from the factory with a mix of painted and vinyl stripes. The silver on the hood scoop is paint and the silver on the rest of the car is vinyl. Painting the stripes on the hood as well as the hood scoop eliminates future inevitable problems that will result from smashing those vinyl stripes in between two hard surfaces. I have exhibited my car over a dozen times at automobile shows. Nobody has noticed that the stripes on my hood are painted and the stripes on the roof and bumper of my car are vinyl as the color is a perfect match.

I have seen many of our members endure $10,000 worth of grief and aggravation making countless trips back to the dealership. I intend to keep my SGT in my collection for many years so it was worth the money I spent to put all of these issues behind me. My hood and hood scoop on now two years old and have endured many afternoons in Arizona's 120° heat as well as being exposed to sub freezing temperatures. Everything is perfect. All the best.

Chip

Chip,

My point was that while the car is under warranty people should at least try to work within the process while pointing out there are some of us out there that are very happy with the new scoop. In any case no one should accept a scoop that has these issues. At the very least, worse case, they will have a SAI scoop to store while they attach your scoop!

But I think, in my case at least, after these months my "new design" scoop looks great, lays flat, and I hope it will stay that way. If not I will look at options then, and you'll no doubt hear from me, but until then I can't seeing spending $$$ to save Ford or SAI $$$, especially money I don't have, at least not for another 13 months!

All the best to you as well!

-Jeff

Edited by JeffIsHereToo