TEAM SHELBY FORUM

285/40-18 owners

07SGT4578

can someone who owns this size of tire post a pic from the back of your car showing what they look like from behind, do they stick out of the quarter panels? are they flush? are they recessed? I will be buying hyper black CS69's in 18x9.5 or shelby redlines in hyperblack with a rear size of 18x10. wanting to use bfg kds 2 tires.

can someone who owns this size of tire post a pic from the back of your car showing what they look like from behind, do they stick out of the quarter panels? are they flush? are they recessed? I will be buying hyper black CS69's in 18x9.5 or shelby redlines in hyperblack with a rear size of 18x10. wanting to use bfg kds 2 tires.

Not a real good picture, but here you go...yes, they fill up the rear wheel wells...yes, they will throw stuff up on the back quarter of the car now...Mine are on the stock GT500 wheels and they come out to the very edge of the wheel well now on both sides...

post-19184-1216006779.jpg

post-19184-1216006779.jpg

Here are my 285/40/18s on American Racing Torq Thrust Ms 18 x 10s with 45 mm offset , from both the back angle and front angle

2j0f82g.jpg

muz7h4.jpg

Not a real good picture, but here you go...yes, they fill up the rear wheel wells...yes, they will throw stuff up on the back quarter of the car now

Hmmmmm. Maybe the GT500 mud flaps?

(There is no end!) :hysterical:

Thanx guys, thats what I wanted.

give me your opinion, BFG KDW2 or Nitto 555, or _____________.

I would like to have the tires for a grand or less, I can get either of these for that I know. $800 for the Nittos and $1000 for the BFG's.

Thanx guys, thats what I wanted.

give me your opinion, BFG KDW2 or Nitto 555, or _____________.

I would like to have the tires for a grand or less, I can get either of these for that I know. $800 for the Nittos and $1000 for the BFG's.

Good experiences with both on different cars, but I think I'd lean towards the BFG's. IMO, better performance without wearing as fast. I think they're worth the extra cost.

Great looking car Bob, nice choice on the wheels. Rick

thanks Rick...your "deep dishes" were my inspiration ! It just took me forever to get the rear sizes I wanted, find a decent deal on OE tpm sensors, resolve conflicts/get assurances that the 18 x 10 s and 285s would clear fenders and brakes.

But I am happy with the outcome. Thanks again for the "wheel" inspiration and the all the valuable discussion on blower applications/pros/cons. Glad you got your "booster" set up & sorted too. These cars are a lot of fun as is but a couple more inches of rubber and a couple hundred more HP don't hurt the fun factor, thats for sure !

Archived