TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TVS 2.3L Complied Dyno Results

BEEKAY GT500

Thanks to srk1959 (steve) and idrathergolf (dana) for providing dyno sheets/run files from their tvs 2.3L dyno's. i have other tvs files that i want to add but i need to find out if the owners are fine with it. if you want yours added in please send me an SAE run file or dyno sheet. run file is prefered since it is more accurate.

TVS_Comp_09.30.09.pdf

TVS_Comp_06.09.09.pdf

TVS_Comp_03.27.09.pdf

TVS_Comp.pdf

TVS_Comp.pdf

TVS_Comp_03.27.09.pdf

TVS_Comp_06.09.09.pdf

TVS_Comp_09.30.09.pdf

Thanks to srk1959 (steve) and idrathergolf (dana) for providing dyno sheets/run files from their tvs 2.3L dyno's. i have other tvs files that i want to add but i need to find out if the owners are fine with it. if you want yours added in please send me an SAE run file or dyno sheet. run file is prefered since it is more accurate.

Great job Brad, Hope others will join in with their sae results for the Tvs dyno runs. Runfiles are the nicest since you can see with a little more accuracy. That should help people to decide how much money they want to spend for how much hp! The more we have the more accurate it should become.

I will send any additional dyno runs to be added or updated.

Steve

Thanks Brad for helping me out with this. I'll see if I can get my run file from Daniel. If not, I'll get on his dyno for another pull and this time run more than just one to get several reads. Now that I found a place in Sunol to get clean racing gas I'm interested to see if the A/F mixture stays at 11.5. The dyno results I gave you only had octane boost.

As Steve stated, hopefully we can get more run files of those who have installed the TVS.

What size upper pulley?

What size lower pulley?

Stock Drive shaft?

Stock Tires?

Rear gear?

What CAI?

What mufflers?

What temp, elevation, humidity?

the more info the better

Agreed, It's up to Brad how much info he wants to track? I will be more than happy to supply any info with no B/S.

Here is my data:

http://vmptuning.com/GT500/TVS/TVSshorties.jpg

TVS with 2.65" upper and 10% od lower, vmp 66mm TB, frpp shorties, no cats, stock gears, stock driveshaft, 115mm vmp maf housing, store tires, 80ft above sea level with condition data printed on my dynograph

Very nice! Thanks Justin for adding to Brads list. Are you considering trying any pulley work? I am waiting for some others to record results with my combo. Also did you install the larger injectors that you were thinking of 60#'s if I remember right?

One more question, I'm not asking to give up tuner secrets is map 1 the amount of spark advance? Your dyno sheets are a little different than the dynojet sheets I have. Also what is WB 2 =8.47 WB 2=13.55?

Sorry for the questions just trying to be able to understand the info. As you well know your numbers beat mine and that was with a 2.2, 2.4,and the 2.6 pulley's and I have long tubes. My a/f on my last was min 11.75 and max 12.13 and 684.5 sae was the best it got. I am running more spark advance than you if I am right about map 1?

I am concerned that maybe my dyno operators may be a factor, I sure don't want to be posting on the boards that 680's is topped out sae hp with all different pulley sizes if there is another 20 to 50 hp left in it. Because another 30 to 40 hp and you are in most KB owners sae corrected even if they are using the 10% lower? I have used the 2 different Dynojets in my area to try and confirm the data and both came up pretty darn close to the same. Both times on the last 2 dyno's we made sure intercooler fluid was cool and also allowed the engine to cool for approx 1/2 hour.

Anything I should be watching for or doing at the dyno?

Thanks Much

Steve

Thanks Brad for helping me out with this. I'll see if I can get my run file from Daniel. If not, I'll get on his dyno for another pull and this time run more than just one to get several reads. Now that I found a place in Sunol to get clean racing gas I'm interested to see if the A/F mixture stays at 11.5. The dyno results I gave you only had octane boost.

As Steve stated, hopefully we can get more run files of those who have installed the TVS.

hi dana, no problem. if you go back let me know i'll see if i can make it this time.

What size upper pulley?

What size lower pulley?

Stock Drive shaft?

Stock Tires?

Rear gear?

What CAI?

What mufflers?

What temp, elevation, humidity?

the more info the better

agreed, more information is desired here as well.

Agreed, It's up to Brad how much info he wants to track? I will be more than happy to supply any info with no B/S.

thanks for the latest feedback.

Here is my data:

http://vmptuning.com/GT500/TVS/TVSshorties.jpg

TVS with 2.65" upper and 10% od lower, vmp 66mm TB, frpp shorties, no cats, stock gears, stock driveshaft, 115mm vmp maf housing, store tires, 80ft above sea level with condition data printed on my dynograph

thanks. you have top dog status now.

One more question, I'm not asking to give up tuner secrets is map 1 the amount of spark advance? Your dyno sheets are a little different than the dynojet sheets I have. Also what is WB 2 =8.47 WB 2=13.55?

Sorry for the questions just trying to be able to understand the info. As you well know your numbers beat mine and that was with a 2.2, 2.4,and the 2.6 pulley's and I have long tubes. My a/f on my last was min 11.75 and max 12.13 and 684.5 sae was the best it got. I am running more spark advance than you if I am right about map 1?

I am concerned that maybe my dyno operators may be a factor, I sure don't want to be posting on the boards that 680's is topped out sae hp with all different pulley sizes if there is another 20 to 50 hp left in it. Because another 30 to 40 hp and you are in most KB owners sae corrected even if they are using the 10% lower? I have used the 2 different Dynojets in my area to try and confirm the data and both came up pretty darn close to the same. Both times on the last 2 dyno's we made sure intercooler fluid was cool and also allowed the engine to cool for approx 1/2 hour.

Anything I should be watching for or doing at the dyno?

Thanks Much

Steve

Hi, MAP=boost pressure. WB 2 = air/fuel ratio through a different channel on the dynojet, it was only used on one of the runs, and just defaulted to 8.xx on the other run where it was not used (channel air/fuel was used instead).

I will say that my runs were done in very ideal conditions with stock gears. There were times that the car would make less if poorer conditions.

I will be playing with some pulleys and other TVS mods in the future.

Hi, MAP=boost pressure. WB 2 = air/fuel ratio through a different channel on the dynojet, it was only used on one of the runs, and just defaulted to 8.xx on the other run where it was not used (channel air/fuel was used instead).

I will say that my runs were done in very ideal conditions with stock gears. There were times that the car would make less if poorer conditions.

I will be playing with some pulleys and other TVS mods in the future.

Thanks Justin. Can't wait to see what you do with the Tvs for future mods!

More TVS dyno numbers! We hit 649 rwhp and 609 rwtq with an 11.8 a/f across the board. This is on 91 pump gas! :happy feet: I wanted a safe tune that I can run on the road course for sustained time and speeds. I was hoping to top 640 rwhp on 91 octane so I am happy with this! :happy feet:

garyrun2jpg.jpg

More TVS dyno numbers! We hit 649 rwhp and 609 rwtq with an 11.8 a/f across the board. This is on 91 pump gas! :happy feet: I wanted a safe tune that I can run on the road course for sustained time and speeds. I was hoping to top 640 rwhp on 91 octane so I am happy with this! :happy feet:

garyrun2jpg.jpg

Very nice Gary! Thanks for posting it.

Still thinking of going to Elkhart Lake? Should be interesting on the track with that HP!

As I posted in another thread, I was following a Z06 through a very smooth,very twisty road here. It was kind of spooky on stock tires because I would accelerate out of the curve and the back end would start to get loose. I need better tires....soon!

Be sure to pm me when and if you are for sure going and I will make it up there!

Steve

Still thinking of going to Elkhart Lake? Should be interesting on the track with that HP!

As I posted in another thread, I was following a Z06 through a very smooth,very twisty road here. It was kind of spooky on stock tires because I would accelerate out of the curve and the back end would start to get loose. I need better tires....soon!

Be sure to pm me when and if you are for sure going and I will make it up there!

Steve

Keep it safe. We all want to keep you and that hot car you have in one piece. I hope you were just messing around in a area where there was no traffic or trees.

By the way, were you able to keep up with Z06? With our cars it is hard to do unless you have a full Griggs racing system in the car ($12,000).

Steve

Still planning to go the weekend after Labor Day! I'm all registered, paid and have hotel reservations. Just need to make some brake upgrades and I'll be set. It would be cool to see you! I'll PM with more info as we get closer. Yea, my biggest concern is still getting squirrelly accelerating out of those corners! Need race tires next year....wife's cut me off for the rest of this season after the brakes. :cry: Still debating on whether to run the Falken's up front and F1s in the rear or match them up. I'll bring both sets with me.

Keep it safe. We all want to keep you and that hot car you have in one piece. I hope you were just messing around in a area where there was no traffic or trees.

By the way, were you able to keep up with Z06? With our cars it is hard to do unless you have a full Griggs racing system in the car ($12,000).

Very safe, no traffic and just a fun run. The guy in the Z06 seemed pretty decent. He would pull me in the corners some and as soon as a straight came up I could catch right up. It wasn't a hard core race or anything and I don't think he was any kind of Pro driver either.

I saw him come up behind me and when I stopped at a stop sign he pulled up alongside me. He says nice 500 I know a stretch of rode thats pretty fun. I said I would follow him. Nice road, plenty of visibility. I am sure that a good driver in a Z06 could blow me away in the corners but we were keeping it at a comfortable level.

I have to say I would not want to push my coupe any harder without upgrades, the power is very hard to handle with my current setup as far as cornering goes. I would exit nice and easy but it was very hard to control when the boost would hit. So I played it as safe as I could and still make it fun.

I finally had an encounter with a Z06 so now my son can stop bugging me....I hope? Next time I give it a try will be at the drag strip with better tires on.

The road racing thing the way mine is currently setup is too spooky for me.

Steve

garyrun2jpg.jpg

hi cloud9, thanks for getting this up. fantastic numbers. any chance you can send me/ or post up a "sae" run file/dyno sheet. thanks.

Still planning to go the weekend after Labor Day! I'm all registered, paid and have hotel reservations. Just need to make some brake upgrades and I'll be set. It would be cool to see you! I'll PM with more info as we get closer. Yea, my biggest concern is still getting squirrelly accelerating out of those corners! Need race tires next year....wife's cut me off for the rest of this season after the brakes. :cry: Still debating on whether to run the Falken's up front and F1s in the rear or match them up. I'll bring both sets with me.

Sounds great, we will stop by. I'll let the roadracing to you though! :hysterical:

Depending on ambient temps, you may be doing a lot less spinning than you think, once the car warms up and looses power. At sebring in the summer (90F ambient temps), all of us have overheating problems, tvs, kb, whipple, and even stock blower at higher boost levels.

• 6 months later...

first post updated with new file.

i've searched the forums and eveb added in some magazine pulls of the tvs. there are now 17 different combos all in sae in the file. if anyone finds some of the mod's inaccurate let me know and i will correct it. if you know of any other tvs 2.3l users send them this way (preferable with a run file). thanks.

• 1 month later...

Here is my latest Dyno Run Mods: TVS Ported by me. 93 Octane Pump Gas

66MM L&M Throttle Body

L&M Plenum

ARH Long Tubes

High Flow Cats

JLT CAI

66lb Injectors

2.6 Upper

4lb Lower

Ford GT Fuel Pumps

66LB Injectors

Dyno_699.55_0002.pdf

Dyno_699.55_0002.pdf

I have 712rwhp SAE ,734.56 torque after more Mods and tuning result 691rwhp on a Mustang Dyno this equates to over 750rwhp on a Dynojet. with a TVS.On 93 Oct pump gas.hydro

sweet numbers. can you post up your SAE graph or run file? the one you put up was your STD graph. Also, what is your full list of mods? thanks.

Archived