TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Challenger

When the Shelby came out the housing market was still good and gas was 3 bucks a gallon now things have tightened up and things aren't selling for what they used to.

Dodge people are not running to this car because they need to put food on the table.

Dodge and Chevy are late to the table again.

Ford hear me now and hear me good stop building the GT500 and build some flex fuel cars and fast. You folks need to make some money and stop killing the GT500 by making to many.

Witch you already have.

Art

When the Shelby came out the housing market was still good and gas was 3 bucks a gallon now things have tightened up and things aren't selling for what they used to.

Dodge people are not running to this car because they need to put food on the table.

Ford hear me now and hear me good stop building the GT500 and build some flex fuel cars and fast. You folks need to make some money and stop killing the GT500 by making to many.

Witch you already have.

Art

I agree 1000% except for the (Witch) part . We need Ford around for the next 100yrs even if we aren't

Oh yeah great color and cool garage

Witch you already have.

Art

I thought that flex fuel vehicles just allowed you to use E85 ethanol or regular octane fuels. California doesn't sell E85 do they?

After all the hype the challenger still isn't shelby

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2008-dodge-cha...t-sold-out.html

I think Chromoco should pay me Alan Mullaly money for this, but here it goes.....

Why in the world would you launch a "limited" performance car with an automatic only and then make it widely known before they even hit the lots, that they won't be limited at all and that the people who wait a bit can get a real transmission???

Seems pretty basic to me.

Plus the simple fact the the GT500 is just better, unless you want a "smooth ride" with corinthian leather like performance car magazines seem to want.

And the interior looks like it came right out of the Durango. Exterior is a homerun, no doubt.

Have seen one in Columbus Ohio about 3 weeks ago. He wanted no part of me as I passed him on our outerbelt.

I saw my first Challenger on the street last weekend. The driver was just as excited to see a Shelby GT 500 as I was to see his Challenger.

When I am out in my 68 Charger RT and a late model Charger passes by I get the same reaction you got from the Challenger. They just couldn't care less, with a few exceptions of course, about the older (2 door) Chargers.

I had an interesting day today. I saw my first Challenger at one of my customers stores. It's actually a very nice looking car and they only had a 10K ADM on it. The dealer told me they initially had a long list of interested people but now that the car has been sitting in the showroom for three weeks, they have all passed. He really wants to sell it locally for the obvious free advertising the car will bring. But he feels he's going to be forced to take it to the auction to strike while it's still hot.

Funny thing is, on my way home I stopped at the central PA. car auction to check out the hotrods they're going to be running this weekend (saw a BAD A$$ 68 lime green GT500KR) While I was mill-owing around I ran into a guy who has ran two Challenger's at the auctions in the past few weeks. The first one he got 55K and the second one only got 45K! Needless to say the hype for the Challenger is definitely not there unlike the still hot GT500. I guess you can chalk this up to the economy and Chrysler's stupidity to put out an automatic muscle car ... !! :shrug:

I was in a all brands car show last sat. with our GT500KR silver/blue, i entered in the 2000 to present origonal class i was up against a new 08 challenger grabber orange and i won first place!!!!!! he got third!!! don`t get me wrong i like the new challenger but its not in the same class as a shelby IMO

My local dealer had an orange Challenger that he sold for $50K. The guy who bought it, took it to an auction the following week. They opened the bidding up at $53K and nobody even bid on it. I would say the market is not there for the Challenger. The hype has worn off quickly and the economy took its toll on people buying those cars.

Is the SRT8 even out yet. I've only seen R/Ts. and they truly don't any fun runs. I thought the SRT8s would be out next year. It's still a Dodge and you couldn't give me one.

SRT8s are out, but the SRT8 with the 6-Speed doesn't come out 'til 2009.

I think Chromoco should pay me Alan Mullaly money for this, but here it goes.....

Why in the world would you launch a "limited" performance car with an automatic only and then make it widely known before they even hit the lots, that they won't be limited at all and that the people who wait a bit can get a real transmission???

Seems pretty basic to me.

Plus the simple fact the the GT500 is just better, unless you want a "smooth ride" with corinthian leather like performance car magazines seem to want.

And the interior looks like it came right out of the Durango. Exterior is a homerun, no doubt.

My sentiments exactly...+1000

My local dealer had an orange Challenger that he sold for $50K. The guy who bought it, took it to an auction the following week. They opened the bidding up at $53K and nobody even bid on it. I would say the market is not there for the Challenger. The hype has worn off quickly and the economy took its toll on people buying those cars.

I saw a challenger for the 1st time up close and in person the other day while driving my Shelby to my dealer. I was shock to see that the Dodge dealer had 5 of them all parked on the lot and not one in the showroom. They have had all 5 for a month due to asking $15,000 over MSRP :hysterical:

Went down and saw the Challenger Srt8. Dealer wanted 25g ADM. Sticker was 41. For 41 its a good car but nothing over. I wonder about the ADM on the new camaro.??? SUDDEN. :fool:

What new Camaro? I haven't seen one at the dealers yet or even on the road because they don't exist. Will GM ever produce it since they are in the position they are?

What new Camaro? I haven't seen one at the dealers yet or even on the road because they don't exist. Will GM ever produce it since they are in the position they are?

These are the dying days of the V8's my friends.

I fear we will never see V8's after the current crop of designed V8's are done with thier production phase.

V8's are not popular in the current economic and political climate, and thus have become the symbol for american overindulgence and global warming.

be glad you go yours.

These are the dying days of the V8's my friends.

I fear we will never see V8's after the current crop of designed V8's are done with thier production phase.

V8's are not popular in the current economic and political climate, and thus have become the symbol for american overindulgence and global warming.

be glad you go yours.

I agree........the oil prices will get higher. no sign of letting go of Iran nuclear program so far ...they are stalling and running the clock...i cannot see them getting away with it...so if confrontation takes place we will have prices unheard of secondary to closing down the gulf supplies in middle east or at least to significantly diminished supply......We should enjoy our V8 cars while we can...internal combustion engines will be history soon.

......We should enjoy our V8 cars while we can...internal combustion engines will be history soon.

Great news for us .... demand on gas will be low and we should be able to fill our GT500's up for $10! :hysterical:

Archived