TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone with an S197 read this

Guest evilchris

I just checked mine and it is leaking a little. 350 miles on it. The fluit was full (over the max line a bit). I lowered the level. Does any one know if that plastic resivore is suppose to wiggle a little. It seems a bit loose. ???

Yep, mine had it too('06 w/700miles). I just lowered the level a bit. Hopefully that will do the trick.

I lowered mine also, but I went ahead and bought that .55 cent neopreme washer that is suggested in the thread above and installed it. No leaks now in my 07 GT/CS.

Rob

I lowered mine also, but I went ahead and bought that .55 cent neopreme washer that is suggested in the thread above and installed it. No leaks now in my 07 GT/CS.

Rob

I have an '06 V6, Pony pkg, auto, not quite 1700 miles on it. I had the leak too. My reservoir was just a tick above full. I lowered the level to 1/2 way between the marks and wiped it all down. Not much of a leak, and not enough to drip and cause paint to peel. We'll see if lowering the level helps.

Rob, where did you get the washer? I didn't catch the specifics of the size/diameter and where you get it in the original thread.

Hopper

I have an '06 V6, Pony pkg, auto, not quite 1700 miles on it. I had the leak too. My reservoir was just a tick above full. I lowered the level to 1/2 way between the marks and wiped it all down. Not much of a leak, and not enough to drip and cause paint to peel. We'll see if lowering the level helps.

Rob, where did you get the washer? I didn't catch the specifics of the size/diameter and where you get it in the original thread.

Hopper

Hopper: I bought the washer at true value hardware. It looks like a fender washer. It is 1-1/2 inch outside diameter. It is 1/16 of an inch thick. It has a small hole in the center that meaqsures 1/4 inch in diameter. The washer is black and made of neopreme. To Install: remove the factory black cap. Pull out the rubber liner from inside the cap. set the washer in the cap. Re install the factory rubber liner on top of the cap. Put cap back on. You will notice that the cap will fit a little snugger. Good luck. My leak stopped.

Rob

Hopper: I bought the washer at true value hardware. It looks like a fender washer. It is 1-1/2 inch outside diameter. It is 1/16 of an inch thick. It has a small hole in the center that meaqsures 1/4 inch in diameter. The washer is black and made of neopreme. To Install: remove the factory black cap. Pull out the rubber liner from inside the cap. set the washer in the cap. Re install the factory rubber liner on top of the cap. Put cap back on. You will notice that the cap will fit a little snugger. Good luck. My leak stopped.

Rob

Thanks Rob! I'll try it. Easy fix, glad to hear it's worked for you.

Hop

Not to beat a dead horse (boy that's a bad pun), but the washer may not be necessary. I dropped my fluid level last night to 1/2 way between the min/max marks, and no leaks today.

However, if you do a fair amount of hard cornering or aggressive start and go, I think the washer fix is a good idea. Even with the fluid level dropped, I can imagine a bit of sloshing around during aggressive driving would still allow some seepage around the cap.

Hop

Not to beat a dead horse (boy that's a bad pun), but the washer may not be necessary. I dropped my fluid level last night to 1/2 way between the min/max marks, and no leaks today.

However, if you do a fair amount of hard cornering or aggressive start and go, I think the washer fix is a good idea. Even with the fluid level dropped, I can imagine a bit of sloshing around during aggressive driving would still allow some seepage around the cap.

Hop

Hop: Your right. I did that first, then went and got the washer for extra protection.

Rob

Archived