TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Couple of Mods

Since I bought my Shelby GT, I have been trying hard not to mod too much but I did a couple (what I believe to be tasteful) mods.

Off road H pipe.....for sound

Black SGT grille

Steeda CF elbow

5% tint

I will post a video for the H pipe here in a few days. Still want to upgrade the weak ass brakes and get some 20s. But that's about 5grand :finger:

Heres the progress so far......

DSC01925.jpg

DSC01926.jpg

DSC01928.jpg

DSC01932.jpg

DSC01934.jpg

DSC01936.jpg

DSC01946.jpg

comments and criticisms welcome

What is the advantage of the Steeda elbow vs. the stock? :headscratch:

Some will say nothing, some will claim more HP...others say that you have to re-tune after adding it...

I put one (standard, not CF) on my car, a 2008 SGT right before I went on vacation in June...drove 4400 miles from West Texas to Key West Florida and back, and not one problem...Only thing I really noticed was a little bit crisper throttle response or so it seemed to me...Any HP gains are minimal at best. It is just a smoother airflow path than the factory accordian bellows from the factory. I don't think the $199.00 price of the Carbon Fiber is justified, but some like the look...I didn't want to spend that much so I got the standard tube...black plastic...

This is just one thing that I think "should" have come on the SGT from the start, in conjunction with the FRPP Cold Air Kit, but I guess Ford doesn't have one of their own, so noone wanted to mix the package...I don't really like the fact that the piece comes from Steeda myself, but at least it doesn't have "STEEDA" stamped all over it like some of the C&L or Roush tubes do...

I was thinking about getting my car dynotuned with and without the elbow to see what if any gains the elbow provides. Steeda claims

We have seen gains up to 8 horsepower and 8 ft lbs of torque to the tires throughout the entire power-band!!!

Also as far as appropriateness of a Steeda elbow on a SGT...the FRPP cold air induction system is a rebadged Steeda CAI...so it's very appropriate.

Probably 0RWHP is more like it. I just looks a shit ton better than a plastic accordian.

I agree, I just couldn't justify the extra $100.00 for the carbon fiber model...Looks nice, but I can find other things that I want for $100.00 bucks! LOL

I was thinking about getting my car dynotuned with and without the elbow to see what if any gains the elbow provides. Steeda claims

Also as far as appropriateness of a Steeda elbow on a SGT...the FRPP cold air induction system is a rebadged Steeda CAI...so it's very appropriate.

My thought exactly.

Jer

• 1 year later...
can you post more pics of the front w/ the black grill? I'm on the fence between that or the cs6 grill... but i don't like that there isn't a matching lower piece for the cs6 available for the sgt.

Just to confuse you a bit more - here's a third "black way", Shelby's plain black mesh grille. I was (am?) on the fence myself, and, in fact, have the CS6 grille sitting in my basement right now. I bought the Tri-Bar Pony grille emblem to add to this grille, but decided I like the all-black, all-the-time look for now.

Kevin

SGTMeshHeadON.jpg

SGTMeshLFQ.jpg

I had seen your pics too Kevin, same issue though, i REALLY want the top and bottom grills to match and REALLY don't want to fab one up either, I do think I like your grill better than the cs6 overall, if they made yours with the riveted outer ring look like the cs6 i'd be all over it for sure and just skip the lower grill alltogether. decisions decisions...

AF

a before and after dynotune would be great and would answer the question, is there a gain with the elbow? I am going to get one soon just because I hate the way the factory tube looks and if there is a gain, that makes the deal a little sweeter.

3517, the mods are tasteful and the car looks great! Will you swap out the h-pipe for inspections?

Laurence

AF

a before and after dynotune would be great and would answer the question, is there a gain with the elbow? I am going to get one soon just because I hate the way the factory tube looks and if there is a gain, that makes the deal a little sweeter.

3517, the mods are tasteful and the car looks great! Will you swap out the h-pipe for inspections?

Laurence

There are zero gains with the elbow. It's an appearance mod only.

What is the advantage of the Steeda elbow vs. the stock? :headscratch:

About $200. 00

:confused:

Archived