TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So, Mrs. G.O. takes the Vert for a ride.......

Gun Oil

Is there a way to sand or lessens the scratches to the leading edge to the splitter until I can replace it....and train her to NOT drive into curbs? :finger::banghead:

Also does anyone have the Ford PN so I can get one on order?.....I think I will get 2 while I am at it! :idea:

Guess the front of the splitter would look pretty stupid with Curb Feeler's! But I think if I had to have them....I would go for the 8 Ball's!

post-19027-1215625326.jpg

That only brings reminders back to me when I took my car back to the dealer for a security system install. When the installer was done with the car, my salesman said that I think your car is done. He went to the front and after being up for over 24 hours already, I was lagging a little behind him and then I heard one of the other salesman say " He brushed it good.". I was like hu? My salesman came back to me and said that the car was done except we have a another problem and they are pulling the car back into the service bay. I went out and looked and sure enough he did brush the splitter against the curb real good. The salesman quickly located another one in the area but it took a couple of hours for someone to go and get it. My wife and I went to get something to eat and when we got back, it was installed on the car and the salesman washed up the car for me. The installer felt really bad about it and kept apologizing.

Is there a way to sand or lessens the scratches to the leading edge to the splitter until I can replace it....and train her to NOT drive into curbs? :finger::banghead:

Also does anyone have the Ford PN so I can get one on order?.....I think I will get 2 while I am at it! :idea:

Guess the front of the splitter would look pretty stupid with Curb Feeler's! But I think if I had to have them....I would go for the 8 Ball's!

Huh...my wife just smashed up the splitter on our Shelby. Took a turn too wide going into a parking garage and scraped the splitter along the curb. F'd it up pretty bad.

www.forddirectonline.com sells the splitter for $61.00. Woo Hoo!!!! Unfortunately, they charge $80 to ship it. D'OH!!!

Huh...my wife just smashed up the splitter on our Shelby. Took a turn too wide going into a parking garage and scraped the splitter along the curb. F'd it up pretty bad.

www.forddirectonline.com sells the splitter for $61.00. Woo Hoo!!!! Unfortunately, they charge $80 to ship it. D'OH!!!

Called the local Ford Dealer....used my account to get 20% off....got it for $65.00 ($82.00 list!) Ordered TWO! :spend:

Anyone tried sanding the front edge down to take the scufffs off? I will be playing with it when I take it off to see how it comes out....

Called the local Ford Dealer....used my account to get 20% off....got it for $65.00 ($82.00 list!) Ordered TWO! :spend:

Anyone tried sanding the front edge down to take the scufffs off? I will be playing with it when I take it off to see how it comes out....

Have you thought about sanding it down and painting it the same color as the car? Oh wait.....you may end up painting the rest of the black as well.

I ran a file across the bottom to take off some rough. Works great.

Until I scraped the TOP of it turning in next to a curb. :fool:

Great deal!

I occasionally bottom out when backing out of my driveway, and this creates small burrs along the bottom edge of the valance. I use a utility knife to clean up the edge. As for scuffs, I've hear that an SOS pad works pretty will on minor stuff. I'm actually going to try it tonight after work. I'm going to try a baking soda/water paste mixture as well. We'll see.

Wife drove the car is Vegas before I did, but she has only driven the SS one time. Scared her pretty bad. Now she is 7 months pregnant and I dont think she can fit behind the wheel right now. So I get a few more months not having her drive it.

Sorry G.O. the it happened, but its an easy fix.

michael morris

My wife can't drive a stick so it keeps her far from the driver's seat.

Yep my wife can't drive a manual either. She always asks me why I buy stick shift...I just shrug :hysterical:

Actually she's been banned from being in it completely. Thing scares the heck out of her...and that was granny shifting it LOL!!!!

My wife has no real desire to drive my (our) GT500. She is decent with a manual shift though. When we were dating, I let her drive my 67 Sunbeam Tiger and then my 68 GT500. The latter really instilled a bit of fear. When she came too close to a parked car, I decided that was enough.

My wife is afraid to drive mine, which is good because she's not allowed.

Same here. Last weekend we went down to Colorado Springs and a great photo op is the Balancing Rock in Garden of the God (GOG) - two boulders, one balanced on its tip, with a road between them just wide enough for a car. Everyone takes pictures. My wife is a better driver than photographer, so I stopped and got out and asked her to go through and come back towards me so I could get a shot. She was scared, but it's the automatic so she did it. I think she's more scared of hitting something than driving it. When I get the Kenne Bell she'll be afraid to drive it too :)

Photos of GOG coming later. Been too busy. Still writing the trip report.

Hmmm, I am the "wife"-

my splitter is still intact and our car has over 1200 miles and is still pristine.

I begged for this car and knew my butt was not going to be on the right side always!

I LOVE it and I am very glad Dad taught me to drive a stick. I guess what worked for me is this-

I was told "You can drive it if you can PAY for it" after we got through that I was more interested in saving for mods not repairs!

I am sure hubby is not real happy to see me take off out of the drive with the newest toy, perhaps that is where some of those grey hairs come from....

one of the first times I drove it "alone" was a site to behold- my SIL and I were in the GT500 and my husband/BIL were following us in her mustang which is red and her plate reads "LADYNRED" - hahaha:) I am not sure who got the most double takes that day. I am getting used to (and learning to really like) the look of "relief" he still gets when both his gals make it home safe and sound each time-I am thinking he may even love me as much as he loves that car!

do the feelers come in fuzzy dice?

gmc500 I can relate to his grey hairs but my wife doesn't pay attention to the road and car like you probably do. For some reason or the other she has pretty much destroyed every vehicle in her possession. Her recent wreck wasn't her fault and her heart is broken now that her little red '07 v6 ragtop is at the body shop with serious damage, and her suffering whiplash.

Her friend wrecked her first car, she wrecked my pickup, then wrecked her second car (civic) then shortly after wrecked the rental car and now her baby was crunched by some old fella performing a modified U turn with his head up his ass...

Poor baby. But she still doesn't get the GT500.

Gun Oil, get the dice, the 8 balls are WAAAAY to flashy...

On another note, I like my wife driving my 500, and I even encourage her too. She has driven virtually all of my muscle cars since we started dating back in 87. At that time I had a 68 fastback with a 4spd with no reverse or 1st gear, she drove that beast all over the place and loved it. (we still have that car) She did slide my 91 5.0LX Saleen clone into a tree one night while playing around with it, although it wasn't entirely her fault, it was wet out. Remember, when you let your ol lady drive them they dont get the $h!*s so bad when you buy all those expensive parts.. :P oh, and you have to admit, it is totally HOT when a MILF is driving a bad ass street terror, much cooler than some chick in a Vett.. :devil:

"I like driving the Shelby, it is really a pleasure to drive, and very comfortable too"

I did forget to mention that I have a good driving record and try to be real careful as hubby is very meticulous with his stuff...

even I'd be nervous letting someone with a less than stellar record take my daily drive-let alone my "toys" out to play. I coulda had a 'vette but didn't see any real excitement to that! I think gals in Mustangs with LOTS of ponies under the hood turn more heads than ladies in 'vettes.

Gun Oil, i declare your bride owes you a years worth of.......er....well, you know what i mean....lol.

Mine thought i purchased a manual on purpose because she can't drive one. I had to explain to her that the GT-500 ONLY comes in a manual.

Yikes, hehe, go with the dice.

I am teaching my girl to drive on the current clutch/tranny now that I know it has to be replaced. So far she has done great, she loves the car but is scared to death of the power, hehe....I told her wait until you rip 3rd gear!

My wife learned to drive in a stick and owned nothing else for years. I am the one that scuffed up my car. She uses the sc more than I. Her SGT is an auto and the other day she ran right over one of those pedestrian signs in the middle of the road. She said it just jumped out right in her lane. Minor paint work on front fascia only. Maybe for her it is the automatic cuz when she left one of those automatic car wash she gave it to much gas and in a circle she went and up the curb. One lucky girl that day not even a scratch. I have no idea how she came off the curb without messing up the rocker panels and bottom of front fascia let alone when she went up the curb.

Archived