TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ahother Dealer on Crack In Illinois

Lightning Bob

I stopped by the local dealer In St. Charles, IL last night as I heard they just got in a White and blue coupe like mine. Sign on the window said "Ask Manager for pricing", so I did. They want MSRP + 30 Large = $74K!

They also told me they already turned down an offer for $15K over MSRP.

So I asked them what they would give me for the exact car, but with 200 miles on it. They came back with an "Offer" for mine.... and they would give me all of $35K! Their explanation was that they couldn't give me more than it would cost them for another new one. As they were never a SVT dealer, chances are they won't get another one. Hope they get to sit on the one they got for quite some time.

Glad I got the deal I did at my dealership.

LB

This post just proves what we have all been saying:

It's a "collector" when the dealer wants to sell it.

But, it's just a "used car" if they need to buy it.

The ADM's are clearly money in the toilet.

Don't pay it unless you absolutely have to have the car RIGHT NOW, because any extra you spend over MSRP isn't going to be worth a dime on trade in the future.

Mike.

Don't pay it unless you aboslutely have to have the car RIGHT NOW, because any extra you spend over MSRP isn't ging to be worth a dime on trade in the future.

Mike.

AMEN BROTHER!

Don't pay it unless you absolutely have to have the car RIGHT NOW, because any extra you spend over MSRP isn't going to be worth a dime on trade in the future.

Exact-a-mundo! Dealer ADM is based on fear, faulty logic and (most times) incorrect info on (pick one) -"limited" production, collectability, 6 letters on the back left of the car, future value etc...

Paying above sticker right now gets you one about 6 months before others. It's a convenience fee - and an expensive one at that.

Archived