TEAM SHELBY FORUM

If SAI makes it look anything like this I'll take one

My first impressions.

The front looks old school. I like the front.

The back is not doing anything for me. It makes the car look like a cross breed. Old school front....new wave back.

I guess you could call it a unique breed of Mustang.

Unique.gif

Hello, my name is Tony, I'm the designer of the car and the owner of Retromods International. Thank you all for your input, we respect each and every opinion of the car.

I would like to clarify a couple of things first off. These cars are not a kit, they are hand crafted, mostly from metal. We can only build about 50 of these a year by hand. It may seem pricey to most, but when you take into consideration everything that has to be done to pull this off it not that bad. I won't bore all of you with the details but look at it like this....ask your local custom body shop what it would cost to completely dismantle, stripe and change the color of your stock mustang and put it all back together again, should run somewhere in the $5-7K or more range if you expect a show car finish. Now add those 20" Shelby rims and tires (they are included in the conversion) to that.....so, by the time you look at every aspect of this car and put a dollar figure to it, it's a very good value, besides, nobody says you have to use a real Shelby for this conversion, do this to a GT and you've got about $65K in it, the same as any higher end Roush or Saleen. We know it's not for everyone, we just like building cars that we think are really cool and different. Thanks again for any input, Tony

p.s This car is coming out this week in 5.0 magazine..check it out...the name was changed to Retromods shortly after the photoshoot... :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's up to the individual if they like the car, but either way I can't see buying a knock-off and getting none of the value retention of a real Shelby.

It's the same problem I have with purchasing a clone-- you spend 75% of the money without any of the value retention.

So, if I was buying, I would either wait for the GT 350, or buy a Shelby GT. There ain't nothing like the real deal...

Chris

Well, it's up to the individual if they like the car, but either way I can't see buying a knock-off and getting none of the value retention of a real Shelby.

It's the same problem I have with purchasing a clone-- you spend 75% of the money without any of the value retention.

So, if I was buying, I would either wait for the GT 350, or buy a Shelby GT. There ain't nothing like the real deal...

Chris

+1

Archived