TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Here is the proof for the GT350

Coldy, I think that means he won't :hysterical3::hysterical:

No this is not one I would bet on because SAI would do it just to cause me to lose my Shelby GT. I still believe if SAI made a GT350 they would being doing a great diservice to the Shelby GT owners.

As a matter of fact this very topic came up in our club "huddle" at a car show yesterday. As soon as I spoke about this possibility the reaction I got from the 3 others was that this kinda move is typical of the usual money-hungry character of CS because its just another thing to charge big$$$ for something he has put his name in association to.

And I want to say right here right now that these are the words of 3 other individuals and I just remained silent to their response.

No this is not one I would bet on because SAI would do it just to cause me to lose my Shelby GT. I still believe if SAI made a GT350 they would being doing a great diservice to the Shelby GT owners.

As a matter of fact this very topic came up in our club "huddle" at a car show yesterday. As soon as I spoke about this possibility the reaction I got from the 3 others was that this kinda move is typical of the usual money-hungry character of CS because its just another thing to charge big$$$ for something he has put his name in association to.

And I want to say right here right now that these are the words of 3 other individuals and I just remained silent to their response.

If they feel that way then why did they buy a SGT instead of waiting? Rumors of a GT350 has been out since the SGT came out, so it isn't like it is new news that popped up a year later after the SGT.

so sai is responsible for making sure you investment is profitable for years to come?????..thats funny...id cuss and carry on but whats the point..the guy made an ass of himself and obviously does not need any help in that area...whoops..that slipped

I have responded to these answers before. The Shelby Gt and a possible Shelby gt350 would be 2 very distinct cars. The Shelby Gt is the first car built bu Shelby autos for the consumer in 40 years, I think that is special in it's own right.

Amy

No offense to you as it wasnt you who said it but those guys are morons. CS is running a business, which entails making money. Do thsse same guys blame the car companies because they truck that gets 10 MPG and now gas went through the roof? Actually maybe they do. I personally am glad to hear guys like this are pissed off. It means those of us who will want to buy the GT350 wont have to fight it out with guys like those to get one.

I think a GT350 would be a great car for Ford and SAI to put out. Would this affect the value of the Shelby GT, I don't believe so.

The Shelby GT is the FIRST new era Shelby Mustang. That fact will make it one of the most valued Shelby Mustangs. IMO

I have responded to these answers before. The Shelby Gt and a possible Shelby gt350 would be 2 very distinct cars. The Shelby Gt is the first car built bu Shelby autos for the consumer in 40 years, I think that is special in it's own right.

Amy

I remember you stating this before...it just bothers me that SAI used many historical parallels from the history of the GT350 in the marketing campaign for the current SGT and the SGT-H, including introducing the SGT-H by way of Hertz as was done with the original "H" car and then piggy-backing the SVG off the SGT-H campaign. Likewise teh styling cues and mods are so strikingly similar between the first generation and the current that even the dealers drew the parallels. As I stated before SAI may not have explicitly stated the parallels but they did everything in their design and merketing power to put that parallel into the minds of the consumers.

You cannot convince me that this was totally coincidental and of innocent intent. As I stated before, SAI is spinning words to hedge the original intent in order to capitalize on the sales opportunity of another special "SGT".

There are alot of folks here that are either too young to know the complete history of the original Shelby's sor people who are too "bedazzled" by the "Shelby" mystique to buy into your spin without any question whatsoever. However there are plenty of us older folks around that are of age that went through the original musclecar era of the 60's and 70's and we still remember quite alot of the details surrounding the original Shelby models. And us folks who understand what marketing is all about just won't accept your answer at face value.

Producing a GT350 now WILL be a disservice to those who bought the SGT or the SGT-H. I know it...there are lots of other folks who know it...and no matter how SAI wishes to spin the reality of history you are only fooling those who would blindly jump off a bridge if you asked them to.

I remember you stating this before...it just bothers me that SAI used many historical parallels from the history of the GT350 in the marketing campaign for the current SGT and the SGT-H, including introducing the SGT-H by way of Hertz as was done with the original "H" car and then piggy-backing the SVG off the SGT-H campaign. Likewise teh styling cues and mods are so strikingly similar between the first generation and the current that even the dealers drew the parallels. As I stated before SAI may not have explicitly stated the parallels but they did everything in their design and merketing power to put that parallel into the minds of the consumers.

You cannot convince me that this was totally coincidental and of innocent intent. As I stated before, SAI is spinning words to hedge the original intent in order to capitalize on the sales opportunity of another special "SGT".

There are alot of folks here that are either too young to know the complete history of the original Shelby's sor people who are too "bedazzled" by the "Shelby" mystique to buy into your spin without any question whatsoever. However there are plenty of us older folks around that are of age that went through the original musclecar era of the 60's and 70's and we still remember quite alot of the details surrounding the original Shelby models. And us folks who understand what marketing is all about just won't accept your answer at face value.

Producing a GT350 now WILL be a disservice to those who bought the SGT or the SGT-H. I know it...there are lots of other folks who know it...and no matter how SAI wishes to spin the reality of history you are only fooling those who would blindly jump off a bridge if you asked them to.

So, let me get this straight: you are essentially saying that because SAI did not use the name GT350

for the 2006-2008 models, they (and/or Ford) should refrain from using it on a subsequent model, for what... X number of years? (I agree with you that the marketing made a lot of parallels between the

SGT and old GT350 because they are so similar in concept.)

OK, lets take that idea and run with it. If we currently had 2006-2008 GT350s running around, and Ford/SAI decided to create an updated GT350 using a updated version of the Mustang (just like in 1967), it would still be a distinct car that may or may not affect the appreciation of the earlier version depending on one's point of view. The only difference in this fiction and current reality being the tape job on the sides of the car.

Is there some semantic value I'm missing here?

-Tom

I remember you stating this before...it just bothers me that SAI used many historical parallels .....

Geez. Amy can't say two words on here without getting jumped on.

1. I would like to see the advertisement comparisons SAI used comparing the SGT to an old GT350. Remember I said SAI not dealerships which regularly called the SGT a GT350 due to ignorance and/or false advertisement (and some still do).

2. The SGT WAS NEVER A GT350 and on the old site that fact was beat to death ad nauseum. It was a production based on the GT-H since it was seen their might be a market for the car based on the popularity of the HERTZ rentals. Unfortunately a lot of information was lost with the site mergers which should have been kept in archives somewhere, and I do mean A LOT!

3. Just because you want to relive the 60's and 70's means nothing in 2008. Throwing random insults to the younger Shelby crowd because they may or may not know the "history" is irrelevant. It's 2008. It's time for a new history with a new car.

As an owner of an SGT, frankly I couldn't care less if a GT350 was produced as some seem to be totally hung up on three numbers that only represented the distance between shops. A Shelby is a Shelby is a Shelby regardless of what number is on the sticker. It would not at all be a disservice to SGT owners in fact I would welcome it so my stock in CSBI would go up!

Geez. Amy can't say two words on here without getting jumped on.

1. I would like to see the advertisement comparisons SAI used comparing the SGT to an old GT350. Remember I said SAI not dealerships which regularly called the SGT a GT350 due to ignorance and/or false advertisement (and some still do).

2. The SGT WAS NEVER A GT350 and on the old site that fact was beat to death ad nauseum. It was a production based on the GT-H since it was seen their might be a market for the car based on the popularity of the HERTZ rentals. Unfortunately a lot of information was lost with the site mergers which should have been kept in archives somewhere, and I do mean A LOT!

3. Just because you want to relive the 60's and 70's means nothing in 2008. Throwing random insults to the younger Shelby crowd because they may or may not know the "history" is irevelant. It's 2008. It's time for a new history with a new car.

As an owner on an SGT, frankly I couldn't care less if a GT350 was produced as some seem to be totally hung up on three numbers that only represented the distance between shops. A Shelby is a Shelby is a Shelby regardless of what number is on the sticker. It would not at all be a disservice to SGT owners in fact I would welcome it so my stock in CSBI would go up!

Right on!

This is all like saying SAI hurt the value of my GT500 because they have 40th Edition, Super Snake, and KR packages.

Or, Ford diminishes the value of a 2007 Mustang GT by producing a 2008 Mustang GT.

What nonsense. It's a car, you lose "value" with every mile you put on it. SAI and Ford are in BUSINESS, and bringing new products to market is a part of running a business.

Looking back 40 years, collectors know more about the different Shelbys today than we did when they were driving around the streets. 40 years from now, these cars may be worthless, or they may be worth a mint. If they are worth a mint, you can bet your butt the person laying out $$$$ for the car will know the difference between a Shelby GT and a Shelby GT350, and a Shelby GT500. They will know the difference between the model years, something that we probably don't know now.

If you're really concerned about future "value", ask yourself whether the earlier or later models of '60s vintage Shelbys are more desireable to collectors?

Hey Dr. Spin of Spin,

Can you twist your story a little more so I can add this to my comic book collection? Right now your the Villain in this warped story & Amy is about to become my HERO if she makes a GT350 to defeat the bad guy. :hysterical2:

The SGT will still be one of roughly 7300 models. It will be forever linked to the popularity and demand for the 06-07 GT-H.

Even with the introduction of a modern GT 350, the SGT will still be known for being the first pre-title Shelby upfitted by Shelby Automobiles in the same fashion/recipe Shelby American upfitted the vintage Shelby GT 350s, regardless of the fact that it is not a GT 350.

I won't feel slighted one bit. I still feel "pinch myself" lucky. I love my SGT and will continue to be thrilled with it no matter what comes and goes. Like others have said, my SGT is a dream come true. I remember seeing a GT 500 when I was 14 and never thought the opportunity would present itself for myself to purchase a Shelby Mustang. It was a time experienced for a generation before my time. The SGT made it possible for me to own a Shelby and I am grateful to Mr. Shelby, Ford and all the great people at SAI for doing so.

I cannot afford a vintage Shelby and to be honest, I am not so sure I would enjoy one as much anyways because it would still be a 40 year old car with issues that owning an antique presents.

I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to get the SGT, a genuine Shelby Mustang with all the modern technological advances and 20 mpg on top of that.

The SGTs are beautiful cars and they will continue to stop traffic, turn heads, get honks, waves, thumbs up, photos, and spur conversations from complete strangers.

Now if I can just fast forward a few months to get home to enjoy this amazing car once again.

The timing of the GT 350 amidst the record high gas prices presents an opportunity to provide a Shelby Mustang that could squeeze more horsepower out of a (edit - Shelby) Mustang than the SGT but get better gas mileage at the same time! That would be nice.

If there is spinning going on, I think you are doing it. The styling ques are Shelby stylings they are not just a gt350 style. Why wouldn't Carroll and SAI use it's history? it's a legendary history.

For the record and a correction to your post, the original GT350 came first in 1965, the Hertz car came in 1966, so we did not follow any history here. and your attempt to rewrite history for your attacks are just wrong. So, we didn't follow any thing from the 60's except the legacy that is Shelby. That's is what makes the car special in the first place , the fact that we used Carroll's legacy to make a modern car.

What we did was bring back a legendary brand for hertz we also changed a major appearance part, the hood.and then because the dealers asked for a retail version, we made the Shelby GT, unfortunately the hood was a retail issue, so we took the Cobra hood scoop and widened it. The Shelby GT is The first mustang built by Shelby at his factory in 40 years for retail. The hertz is also special as it was the first mustang built in 40 years at Shelby. If we had started out planning it exactly the way it was done 40 years ago, the Gt350 would have come first, 90+ cars later a R car and so on. And it wouldn't have been as special because we just "redid" history. This is a whole new chapter.

If and when we do a GT350 it will be different then the Shelby GT. That is to make sure the Shelby GT stays true to its own legacy. If we had done a GT350 the same year as the Shelby Gt, I might see your point, but right now, the SGT are 06/07 and we are already in 2010 coming and no Gt350, where is the issue?

Some of the the GT500 people used the same logic as you when we introduced the the Shelby GT saying it devalued their Shelby GT500. If we had listened to them, you wouldn't even have a car. If you buy a Shelby because you think it will appreciate, that is fine, but there is no guarantee on that and you are missing the best part, enjoying the car. And when and if we do a new model Shelby GT, will that hurt these cars as well? We don't think so.

We take a lot of time to make sure we don't do anything that hurts this brand and it's customers, unfortunately there will always be some that think they should have the only one or we should stop.

Carroll made many many cars in the 60's for Ford and the GT350R didnt hurt the Gt350, The Gt500KR didnt hurt the Gt500 and the dodge cars didn't hurt the mustang owners and the series one didn't hurt anything, so time will tell, but right now we will continue to do what we think is right for this brand and it's customers.

Amy

Oh and by the way, I have both a Hertz cShelby GT-H and a Shelby GT, so I think my cars are special for being first. and they are fun, balanced and great testiment to Carroll's Legacy and I love them for what they represent a rebirth of the Shelby Brand with Ford.

:hysterical3: ShelbyKindaGuy :hysterical2:

Amy, Please do not waste anymore time with this guy, use your :superhero: powers for good threads that need real answers instead of history corrections :hysterical:

im very mad at SAI..you guys made a prototype notchback in 67?..and hurt the value of every notchback owner..oh that just galls me..how dare you produce a new product...sai should have stopped production after 1965...some will never learn

It is in the auto industry's interest to build something people want more than what you currently own. To do otherwise would be counterproductive.

SAI will build products in the future that will cause many to get the next best thing. That's just the nature of the beast.

Oh dear. The Shelby GT lowered the value of my GT500? What will I do? Oh, wait a minute, I just remembered that some people think it's not really a Shelby.

Oh, no! It just got rained on. It's MELTING!! Ohhhh....what a world, what a world.... :cry:

Amy, use your powers :superhero: to keep building new cars. As much as it rains here, you need to keep me supplied.

Oh dear. The Shelby GT lowered the value of my GT500? What will I do? Oh, wait a minute, I just remembered that some people think it's not really a Shelby.

Oh, no! It just got rained on. It's MELTING!! Ohhhh....what a world, what a world.... :cry:

Amy, use your powers :superhero: to keep building new cars. As much as it rains here, you need to keep me supplied.

:hysterical:

I am one of the guy's from the 60's and grew up in the era of 427 SC cars and the GT and Hertz series. And I will be standing in line if SAI decides to build the GT350. As said above they will be 2 distinct cars.

The enjoyment and memories this car has brought me far outweighs the thought of declining value. Hell, buy the time I need to worry about value I'll be in a pine box 6 feet under. I'll let my kids fight over that. But you can bet your butt I'll be enjoying and driving the wheels off of this car.

I am certain that if and when SAI does rekindle the flame of the GT350 it will be close to the original in nostalgia but a far better car due to technology and the base learning’s from the current SGT's and GT500's.

As some state in other media, I do not drink the Kool-Aid but I am true to the Brand. Rich in history and quite a race resume.

Sign me up...............I'm done.

I am one of the guy's from the 60's and grew up in the era of 427 SC cars and the GT and Hertz series. And I will be standing in line if SAI decides to build the GT350. As said above they will be 2 distinct cars.

Roger,

While I wasn't "hooked" on the GT350 until the mid-1980's (The GT350H was my HS Dream Car), I would be in line as well if they bring out a "new" GT350... However, I can only afford one "toy" at this point in my life, and trading-in #547 just isn't an option... But if something newer and better and nicer and GT350-ish comes along I'll be wishing I had waited for the SGT-era to come and go...

And had there been any notion what-so-ever from SAI/FORD that a true Shelby-inspired GT350 would be coming along, then I would have passed on the SGT... And I'm sure a lot of other initial 2007 owners would have too... However, all they needed to do was change the name and the stripes from S-GT to GT350 and add a few more N/A HP to the package and the cars would have flown right off the dealership lots...

Don't forget, that SAI has the slogan "First Make History... Then Repeat It..." plastered all over the car-hauler that goes to all the major Ford/Shelby Shows across the nation... So you can see why some people (like myself) were actually looking for the same historical lineage to follow like it did in from 1965 thru 1970... Not to mention that they're only going to make the EXACT SAME NUMBER of new KR's as were originally made in 1968???

So without trying to stir the pot and create dissention in the ranks, I just think that SAI had the opportunity to market the GT350 name right along side the GT500 coming from Ford and things would be a lot different today for the 7,000+ Shelby GT Owners wondering what/if is going to happen in the next 12-18 months...

Drive Safe!

Gregg

07SGT0547

What started as a smart remark by someone sparking a new thread has went to commentary about why a company should or should not produce a model.

Without trying to pile on, it seems that this one person has become the topic of the thread, with others disagreeing with him (as I do).

Possibly ShelbyKindaGuy does not realize that he is among his peers (as far as the age bracket goes), and also younger Shelby enthusiasts? Some of us are extremely well versed in the history, but that is irrelevant.

Nearly everyone is excited at the idea of a GT350, myself included. I love the Shelby GT, the GT-H, the Super Snake, the 40th, the Terlingua, GT500, and (hopefully) if a GT350 rolls out, that too!!!!!

Yes, many of you know that I work there. It does not preclude me from being an enthusiast. I have driven every one of these cars, and I love them all for different reasons. They are all special in their own right. Need a bigger garage? Why yes, I do! ;)

Chris

Roger,

While I wasn't "hooked" on the GT350 until the mid-1980's (The GT350H was my HS Dream Car), I would be in line as well if they bring out a "new" GT350... However, I can only afford one "toy" at this point in my life, and trading-in #547 just isn't an option... But if something newer and better and nicer and GT350-ish comes along I'll be wishing I had waited for the SGT-era to come and go...

And had there been any notion what-so-ever from SAI/FORD that a true Shelby-inspired GT350 would be coming along, then I would have passed on the SGT... And I'm sure a lot of other initial 2007 owners would have too... However, all they needed to do was change the name and the stripes from S-GT to GT350 and add a few more N/A HP to the package and the cars would have flown right off the dealership lots...

Don't forget, that SAI has the slogan "First Make History... Then Repeat It..." plastered all over the car-hauler that goes to all the major Ford/Shelby Shows across the nation... So you can see why some people (like myself) were actually looking for the same historical lineage to follow like it did in from 1965 thru 1970... Not to mention that they're only going to make the EXACT SAME NUMBER of new KR's as were originally made in 1968???

So without trying to stir the pot and create dissention in the ranks, I just think that SAI had the opportunity to market the GT350 name right along side the GT500 coming from Ford and things would be a lot different today for the 7,000+ Shelby GT Owners wondering what/if is going to happen in the next 12-18 months...

Drive Safe!

Gregg

07SGT0547

this is precisely my point. most of the folks here are so busy attacking me thy completely missed the point as to what I meant by the word "disservice". sai had plenty of opportunity to announce a future gt350 before they put the gt-h or sgt into development. had they done so most sgt owners would have passed on the sgt. instead sai produced the sgt and gt-h, used the history behind the original gt350-h as a marketing spring board, sold the gt-h and sgt's under that market pretence and then turned around when all was said and done and are now committing to a gt350 production model.

If you folks don't see that as a manipulation of the customer base in order to sell more shelby's then you pepole are exctremely clueless of all the hype going on around you.

Do you work for SAI?

Were you there when these business decisions were discussed & made?

Do you know what problems & financial mountains they had to climb out of to pull this off?

Do you know what Ford & SAI discussed as a business plan in the FWHQ 5 years ago?

I don't think so!

What you "meant" isn't what you typed. You started this thread to the :stirpot: & insult the very company that produces your car. Ever since you have came on this forum board, you haven't been happy with your car or even said anything positive about any of the newer cars, but you certainly aren't bashfully when it comes to attacking SAI for anything & everything you can, including how they conduct business. If you continue to go down this path I'm sure you will find yourself with no posting powers as your "I-know-more-then-SAI & how their marketing plan using false advertisement & history works" comments are not welcome around here.

Do you work for SAI?

Were you there when these business decisions were discussed & made?

Do you know what problems & financial mountains they had to climb out of to pull this off?

Do you know what Ford & SAI discussed as a business plan in the FWHQ 5 years ago?

I don't think so!

What you "meant" isn't what you typed. You started this thread to the :stirpot: & insult the very company that produces your car. Ever since you have came on this forum board, you haven't been happy with your car or even said anything positive about any of the newer cars, but you certainly aren't bashfully when it comes to attacking SAI for anything & everything you can, including how they conduct business. If you continue to go down this path I'm sure you will find yourself with no posting powers as your "I-know-more-then-SAI & how their marketing plan using false advertisement & history works" comments are not welcome around here.

You don't have even the slightest clue what you are talking about. I like my Shelby GT very much. The problem with the majority of you people is that you people don't separate the car from the owner from SAI from CS.

First let me state I like my Shelby GT. I think it is a beautiful car regardless if it was or was not considered to be a GT350. So get the hell off the BS remarks about me not liking my SGT. As for those folks who have posted things that are problematic about their SGT, as soon as they make such a post you people start clamouring like flies and putting the wagons in a circle and start making attackes against the owner of the car at issue. Why? Because you all have developed some "infantile" addiction to the product such as the name on the car, some ludicrous fantasy that it makes your car better than someone else's cars so somehow that makes you feel better about yourself or because you have nothing else meaningful in your life except some inanimate object.

As for the "marketing" ploy or non-ploy I spoke of, I have done nothing more than make inferences based on the similiarities of the HISTORICAL and STYLING CUE facts between the old and new cars. And the inferences made are supported more by the outward similiarities than they are not. If you people even had the slightest clue about how something historically gets authenticated you would understand that the inferences are perfectly legitimate in their supposition.

When I speak about SAI in any way I totally separate it from the fact that they make beautiful cars. If I didn't think they did, I wouldn't have bought a SHelby. But because they make beautiful cars has nothing to do with how they operate and therefore I have the right to make my inferences about SAI whether you agree with them or not.

This country is NOT about being all of the same mindset, opinions, views, race, color, creed or whatever else. This country IS about fredom of speech, expression, opinions, views and a whole lot else. So let me say this to all you folks who cannot tolerate any person that has a different opinion or view or whatever...if you can't toleqate opposing views and want to keep crying for "censorship" or "excommunication" of a member because they exercise their GOD-GIVEN right then why don't you find a nice FASCIST goverment or society you will be happy with that supports your extreme intolerance of people who voice their opinion.

And once and for all get off the "stirring the pot" diatribe. The only pot being stirred is the one in your own minds because you are incapable of of letting people have their own opinion no matter how unpopular it may be (which by the way has nothing to do with whether the opinion is right or wrong) OR your just plain downright inability or shortcoming to tolerate those not sharing your particular views.

And lastly in regards to the man CS, I was wrong to show him disrespect when I first joined the board. SAI is NOT CS and vise-versa and I had no justification to show personal disrespect toward him. I love his cars as to me they fully represent the heritage of the first muscle-car era and I am thankful that his vision is there in this day and age to rekindle that era gone by. I have come to see this misjudgement on my part as time has passed and I have witnessed other discussions and articles about the man. And because CS is NOT SAI I separate the man from how the company may behave. When I speak of SAI I am NOT equating that to the man CS.

Archived