TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Well its here but

zuk

Finally it is here, and damn is it dirty, with F’in 41 miles on it. Mine was build in the first week june12 and then sat in a holding area for 11 weeks because of a tank or clutch problem no one can confirm which. And yes the rubber shows the 41 miles and not all where slow ones. Some kind of flakes all over it. So I went through my little, but I love this car speech and now they’re going to try and clean it up. I’m really glad it’s here, but I sure was hoping for more love. Anyway it still looks cool and I pick it up tomorrow, that will be a better day I’m sure.

Finally it is here, and damn is it dirty, with F’in 41 miles on it. Mine was build in the first week june12 and then sat in a holding area for 11 weeks because of a tank or clutch problem no one can confirm which. And yes the rubber shows the 41 miles and not all where slow ones. Some kind of flakes all over it. So I went through my little, but I love this car speech and now they’re going to try and clean it up. I’m really glad it’s here, but I sure was hoping for more love. Anyway it still looks cool and I pick it up tomorrow, that will be a better day I’m sure.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have been very nervouse with all the delays... don't know how it is being handled, moved about, was it damaged and that is causing the delay? you all know what it is like...not knowing what is going on... anticipation drives you nuts!!

I was told mine was built Aug 4th, (was actually built Aug 9th), was released to ship Aug 22nd (don't know why the delay and no explanation), then got caught up in the Clutch check hold... I had no idea what they had to do to check the clutch, drive it around??... found out it is a static check, so should not drive up the mileage. I am sure you will love getting it and it will make all the wait and BS worth it..... I am told mine will be here in 10-14 days.... So only a few sleepless nights to go in anticipation....

Thanks again,

Bert

Very Nice and mean looking zuk. Enjoy!!

I have to tell that when I got the call of my baby's arrival, the first question I asked was how many miles are on her? They told me 15 and that they ran the 5 miles during the PDI. I was a little skeptical but had very little control since they are 140 miles from me and I couldn't verify right away. Long story short, I drove away with 23 miles on my baby (not 15 as I was told) knowing full well they had taken it on a 15 mile joy "fr%*&%in" ride. Pissed me off but water under the bridge at this point. I should have been more firm about it before the arrival. Much too trusting on my part. Oh well...

As for my paint issue. I'm not an expert, but based on what I can tell they must have had to remove the stripes on the roof and hood and did some paint damage in the process, and put some clear coat on it, but didn't even remove all the buffing compound, it was pretty baked on. They even tried to buff the mirrors, :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: My dealer so fare is working with me to make it right. Aside from the paint, what a car, this is my first super charged car, love that sound! And the transmission sifting is much nicer than my GT. The nose is something you need to pay attention to, a little heavy. I just want to close my shop for a week and go drive. :happy feet: :happy feet:

:rockon:

Don't feel too bad, I took delivery of mine in Honolulu and it had 19 miles on it. I took it out with my salesman and put another 22 or so miles on it on the freeway just for fun but it doesn't yet have 50 miles on it so the supercharger isn't kicking in yet...

Only problem is that I live in Kona and now it gets to ride over here on a barge (on deck) in all the wind, waves and salt air and mist and this is the only option to get it here (they won't let you put it in a container for inter-island service).

So I am going to fly over, drive it to the pier and drive it up onto a steel platform myself, strap it down, cover it and off it goes via giant forklift to the deck of the Young Brothers barge. When I receive it in Kawaihae it will no doubt be covered in salt (more or less bathed in salt water), as all vehicles are when they arrive here on the barge.

At least I can rest knowing that no one will be doing burnouts in the parking lot at the dock in it!!

I can't wait to get it but I had to ship them my trade-in first and they can't release my car until they recieve my trade (some time later this week) and get it appraised etc..

So I sit and wait (already ordered a FRPP/Borla Stinger axle-back muffler set for it which will arrive before the car will)... Waiting sucks!

Oh well, relax and enjoy your beast knowing that you are one of the few people in the world lucky enough to have one right now! :rockon:

:rockon:

Don't feel too bad, I took delivery of mine in Honolulu and it had 19 miles on it. I took it out with my salesman and put another 22 or so miles on it on the freeway just for fun but it doesn't yet have 50 miles on it so the supercharger isn't kicking in yet...

Only problem is that I live in Kona and now it gets to ride over here on a barge (on deck) in all the wind, waves and salt air and mist and this is the only option to get it here (they won't let you put it in a container for inter-island service).

So I am going to fly over, drive it to the pier and drive it up onto a steel platform myself, strap it down, cover it and off it goes via giant forklift to the deck of the Young Brothers barge. When I receive it in Kawaihae it will no doubt be covered in salt (more or less bathed in salt water), as all vehicles are when they arrive here on the barge.

At least I can rest knowing that no one will be doing burnouts in the parking lot at the dock in it!!

I can't wait to get it but I had to ship them my trade-in first and they can't release my car until they recieve my trade (some time later this week) and get it appraised etc..

So I sit and wait (already ordered a FRPP/Borla Stinger axle-back muffler set for it which will arrive before the car will)... Waiting sucks!

Oh well, relax and enjoy your beast knowing that you are one of the few people in the world lucky enough to have one right now! :rockon:

Please explain the 50 miles on it thing? it only takes 5 miles to unlock the detune of the supercharger or if it has less then 5 miles, it then needs 50 start ups (On/Off's)

or reset the pcm and bingo! you just woke the sleeping monster in your engine. the first two gt's we got, that's what i did drove it for 5 to 8 miles to "wake up" the "monster" but the third one I just reset the pcm by removing the battery terminal for at least 5 minutes. But still I have to drive it by about 5 miles for drivability test but drove it with respect to the owner.

Archived