TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Bullitt - 150 MPH+ - On Highway

walc

As a 2008 Bullitt and SGT owner, and lover of all Mustangs, I really got psyched reading about the adventures of a 62 year old 2008 Bullitt owner, who buried the speedo, on an Arizona highway, to celebrate the 4th of July. :)

Way to go, Ratman!!!

:happy feet:

2008 Bullitt Rules The Road

Think what he could do with a GT500 or an SGT. :superhero:

Very nice! I have had our Bullitt over 135 a couple of times. My son would like to see what top end is but no were around here safe to do it. He would really like to put that Tvs P-51 Roush setup on it after numerous rides in the red coupe! :hysterical:

Ford did a really nice job on the 2008 Bullitts, at a very reasonable MSRP. However, the stealth looks, competition for the market segment who remember the Steve McQueen movie, from the GT500 and the SGT, and dealers who misjudged demand with early ADMs have led to slow sales. Thus, new 2008 Bullitts can be purchased for invoice with minimal negotiations.

I really love my 2008 Bullitt, as I do my 2007 SGT. :yahoo:

I empathize with Ford and SAI, who are manufacturing these fantastic cars in our terrible current economy.

Let's keep spreading the word about these great Mustangs, with decent fuel economy, available at very reasonable prices, to all prospective buyers. Then Ford and SAI will keep building the cars we want at a profit. They certainly can't keep building them at a loss. :(

That was a great link to read. I am a fan of the Bullitt. If I was made of money...I would have one in the stable. IT'S A VERY NICE CAR.

Grabber,

Think how nice Dark Highland Green would look next to Grabber Orange and Performance White.

B)

Grabber,

Think how nice Dark Highland Green would look next to Grabber Orange and Performance White.

B)

I have already thought about it. It would look sweet.

Working on maxing out the 401K this year. 6 more months of the year left.

I gotta buckle down and start being thrifty if I am going to hit my retirement goals. :banghead:

Working on maxing out the 401K this year. 6 more months of the year left.

That's my problem. :cry:

At age 59, I have car payments; instead of a retirement fund. :shrug:

" I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe,

But at least I'm enjoying the ride. "

That's my problem. :cry:

At age 59, I have car payments; instead of a retirement fund. :shrug:

....but your having fun and enjoying life. Keep your health in good shape, and do some exersize so you can get another 30 years. :happy feet:

Great link! He's living life!

Does anyone have a link to a site wherein we can plug in our numbers and get a possible top end speed?

I know my car will run faster than 150 - even with the 4:10's.

Great link! He's living life!

Does anyone have a link to a site wherein we can plug in our numbers and get a possible top end speed?

I know my car will run faster than 150 - even with the 4:10's.

My car has a theoretical top speed of 177 mph in 5th gear (at 6,500 rpm's) with the factory 18" tires and 4.10 gears. I suspect that aerodynamics would reduce that number into the 160-165 mph range.

Bryan, the math for speed is...

rpm's * tire height in inches / rear gear ratio / 336.135 = mph in 4th gear (1:1 ratio).

For other gears (i.e. overdrive), take the mph from above and divide by the other gear's ratio. 5th gear in your manual GT is .68, while 5th gear in my automatic GT is .71, for example, so your top end is a bit higher than mine, theoretically.

My car has a theoretical top speed of 177 mph in 5th gear (at 6,500 rpm's) with the factory 18" tires and 4.10 gears. I suspect that aerodynamics would reduce that number into the 160-165 mph range.

Bryan, the math for speed is...

rpm's * tire height in inches / rear gear ratio / 336.135 = mph in 4th gear (1:1 ratio).

For other gears (i.e. overdrive), take the mph from above and divide by the other gear's ratio. 5th gear in your manual GT is .68, while 5th gear in my automatic GT is .71, for example, so your top end is a bit higher than mine, theoretically.

Thanks, bro! Since the speedo only reaches 140 - it's sort of moot anyway!

Archived