TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Challenger....................

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they are good but slow...saw them compared it to the bullit and it barely beat it in 1/4 mile. I think the Dodge went 13.3 and the bullit went 13.6. So this means our shelbys will beat it with ease... they are too heavy imo...

my opinion only............it is a crysler product made within the last 10 years, nice motor, pile of shit everything else.

however they look nice. crysler makes several vehicles that i like the design of ( thanx mercedes ) but they are still crysler products.

I bleed blue. through and through. no offense is meant by this response, it is my opinion only. (kind of pins and needles round here)

my opinion only............it is a crysler product made within the last 10 years, nice motor, pile of shit everything else.

however they look nice. crysler makes several vehicles that i like the design of ( thanx mercedes ) but they are still crysler products.

I bleed blue. through and through. no offense is meant by this response, it is my opinion only. (kind of pins and needles round here)

I agree, I hate Chrysler. You do have to give them credit, the R/T is 375HP and priced at $30k, not bad. I do not think the SRT would be worth the extra $10-12k over the R/T, it only has 425HP.

It will be interesting to see what ford comes back with now, with this and the Camaro coming they are going to have to up the HP on the base GT.

they are good but slow...saw them compared it to the bullit and it barely beat it in 1/4 mile. I think the Dodge went 13.3 and the bullit went 13.6. So this means our shelbys will beat it with ease... they are too heavy imo...

berg i dont what your driven my shelby did the best 13.9 and the gt500 next to me was 13.5 and that was far from stock

berg i dont what your driven my shelby did the best 13.9 and the gt500 next to me was 13.5 and that was far from stock

I was kind of curious to quarter times i have seen them all over the place. My 07 mustang gt. with 3.55 gears, k & n drop in filter, mac axle back exhaust and 18 x 9.5 drifz venom wheels ran a 13.7@101.05 in Montgomery, al. track day. I had the same tune that comes with the shelby's and never got a time but we were looking for around 13.3 these have to be quicker than that 13.9. There are guys all over al. running 13.9's in the bone stock mustang gt.

I am thinking good air with a sticky track these should be good for at least 13.5 to a 13.3 depending on driver and experience.

I don't know about that - maybe some people like having cars that randomly catch on fire :hysterical3: Oh wait, I'm not one of them. I like the look of the new Challenger but I won't buy any Dodge product. Plus, you can only get a Challenger with automatic transmissions. No offense to those people that like and own slush boxes, but they're just not for me when it comes to a high performance car.

Matt

I don't know about that - maybe some people like having cars that randomly catch on fire :hysterical3: Oh wait, I'm not one of them. I like the look of the new Challenger but I won't buy any Dodge product. Plus, you can only get a Challenger with automatic transmissions. No offense to those people that like and own slush boxes, but they're just not for me when it comes to a high performance car.

Matt

except i wish people would research , the 2nd gen challenger is a 6 speed but i will tell you at least my magnum has a outside temp gauge on it i cant believe for 40k ford is still in the 80',s my 2000 corvette even has it

except i wish people would research , the 2nd gen challenger is a 6 speed but i will tell you at least my magnum has a outside temp gauge on it i cant believe for 40k ford is still in the 80',s my 2000 corvette even has it

Newbie here so I will give you my opinion only. A buddy of mine bought an 08 Mustang gt with Navigation system and all that is cool to have all the bells and whistles, but if you sit back and just think that all the old shelby cars, camaros, corvettes and even the old dodges since that is the topic did not have all these extra gimmics to sell cars. THEY WERE TRUE MUSCLE CARS motor, tranny, gears and all the add ons you want to go fast. That is what having a muscle car is all about but that is my opinion only. I am very happy with the shelby and would not own nothing else.

The challenger is a sweet car and kept a cool retro theme that is very competitive to that of the mustang if not a better retro look alike. But as for me give me the stang any day!

I like the Challenger. It's a great looking car with a big HP motor, a bit on the heavy side but very well done. I think it's fantastic that Dodge came out with it and we live in a time when there are going to be Challengers, Camaros and Mustangs again in a new HP war. How could it be any better, besides $1.50 gas. It's going to be great to pull up to a light with a new Camaro SS, a new Challenger SRT and my Shelby. This is 1960s all over again but with new technology and lots of parts to make them look better and go faster. It's a dream come true.

I like the Challenger. It's a great looking car with a big HP motor, a bit on the heavy side but very well done. I think it's fantastic that Dodge came out with it and we live in a time when there are going to be Challengers, Camaros and Mustangs again in a new HP war. How could it be any better, besides $1.50 gas. It's going to be great to pull up to a light with a new Camaro SS, a new Challenger SRT and my Shelby. This is 1960s all over again but with new technology and lots of parts to make them look better and go faster. It's a dream come true.

+1000

Well put, it is awesome to have the big three in the muscle car competition all over again. Especially for us that own a shelby! Awesome honor!

Yup. What he said.

Jer

I agree...besides..what fun would it be if WE DIDN'T have a Camaro or Challanger to pick on........ :slapfight:

I'm going to try to be unbiased, but I bought a new Challenger SRT in December. It just showed up at the Dealership and I'll be picking it up on Saturday. I really love my SGT, but the look of the challenger is just so "me" I guess. I just love the car. I haven't driven one, but I did go look at one last week at a different dealership. They are HUGE cars. I'll post some impressions and pics next week when I get em both home and next to each other.

I agree...besides..what fun would it be if WE DIDN'T have a Camaro or Challanger to pick on........ :slapfight:

That is if Chevy actually does come out with a new camaro given the money their losing and the price of gas.

Forgot to add the 10-12K is definitely worth it going from R/T to SRT. Not only do you start with the 6.1L, you get brembo brakes with slotted rotors, and redone suspension as well. It wouldn't be hard to get the R/T to make the SRT power, but the brakes and suspension are going to make a world of difference in a car that size.

The new Challenger looks nice, but maybe a little "too" nice and not "bad" enough. It's also too heavy, and too big. The interior is not sporty enough, too much like the car it is based on (the 300). From what I have read and heard, it has a good, powerful engine, however the car's weight reduces the benefit of the power considerably; it handles well considering its heft; fuel mileage suffers because of the weight. I believe that, in the end result, its weight will always be its worst enemy, and the lighter Mustang will always have the advantage.

Being a longtime Dodge owner, the new challenger was going to be my first muscle car. But when prices were going way above sticker, i started to turn elsewhere. I looked at a new Mustang GT. i liked it, but it really wasn't enough. That's when I saw 07SGT1628. Fell in love at first sight.

Just out yesterday: Chrysler is going to file bankruptcy and soon. I bet the Challenger can be bought for a real good price now, better than if the company was profitable. If your a Challenger fan, buy now or forever hold you peace!

I like that. Can't you just picture Sox and Martin on the side of that pulling a wheely off the line. Going to make for some fun track battles between the stangs and the mopars.

You can never tell what the big boys up top of Chrysler are going to do. They could pull the production of the Challenger or they could use it as a flagship. It's tough times now and we should also be worried about the Mustang. In times when factories are closing and jobs are getting tossed every day they could pull even a top seller like the Mustang if it doesn't fit into their updated model. I'm happy I have mine. They could be a collector car sooner than we thought once all this fuel and cafe stuff hits.

That's why I jumped all over an 08 as opposed to another Shelby. I don't think the Challenger will make it to the 2010 model year. Who knows though.

THRE WILL BE A 2010 AND A CONVERTIBLE, IM BUYING THAT AND THEN THE SS CAMARO AND WAIT 30 YEARS WHEN THEY GO THRU BARRETT JACKSON WATCH THE PRICES

I have not seen one @ a dealer yet but. I really don't like the roof line,i know it's retro but i never liked the 70's model. Also the Challenger back in the 70's NEVER EVER EVER won a single Trans-am race. Some heritage, a loser from day one. Wow a 1950's engine power plant OHV. Gas pig tax over $2000 not to mention 12 mpg in the city.Not any faster than a Mustang GT. It's got a 05 GTO type interior which belongs in a boring sedan.If they sell more than 5000 they are lucky to find so many mopar buffs.

I guess i don't like it or i need a chill pill !!! NEWWWWMAN

Or yeah the gas door says "fuel" so nobody puts water ,oil or air in there. And the orange color is the general lee option .

Archived