TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Turbo 4.6

Thanks again...I have posted about turbocharging here in the past, and my suggestions have fallen on deaf ears. Turbocharging is free power, no serpenting belt, no drag on the engine. Turbo technology produces impressive power, but the power comes on late in the lower RPMs.

My personal choice is centrifugal supercharging. However, (if I understand folks here correctly) the popular choice among SGT owners seems to be between a Kenne Bell and a Whipple supercharger for it's low end power qualities. 1/8 mile winners for sure, but they run flat by the end of the 1/4 mile. Centrifugals will produce power past your red-line.

This coming Sept., I will be attending the Terlingua event, and they promise "1/2" mile drag racing (everythign in Texas is bigger). This will be a contest that will be revealing. IMHO (and I'm not looking to start a fight), the KB and Whipples will run out of steam before the finish line. Centrifugal and turbos will show their true stuff.

If you are a fan of autocross and road racing, your power adder of choice isn't that important. Most of your driving is inside the 4.6L-3V power band, 2500 to 5500 RPMs. Here, it doesn't matter which power adder you have, they all perform the same. It's simply a matter of how much boost you dial in.

This is another benefit of turbocharging vs. supercharging, boost is adjustable "on the fly" by manipulating the wastegate from inside the cockpit. With supercharging, it's a pulley change in the pits. Thanks again, for the suggestion.

I got my NOMEX on, let it fly, gents.

ooh, me likes! I betcha this does not keep the warranty. :cry:

Hey there,

Also available through Stillen - http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=TURT...p;model=MUSTANG

I will need to check on this, but I BELIEVE Turbonetics offers the same type of 3/36 that Roush offers (rides concurrent with your OEM warranty - $3000 on engine, $2000 on trans). Its an extra cost - like $350 or something along those lines. Dont quote me - I will find out detailes early in the week :)

Page

Thanks again...I have posted about turbocharging here in the past, and my suggestions have fallen on deaf ears. Turbocharging is free power, no serpenting belt, no drag on the engine. Turbo technology produces impressive power, but the power comes on late in the lower RPMs.

My personal choice is centrifugal supercharging. However, (if I understand folks here correctly) the popular choice among SGT owners seems to be between a Kenne Bell and a Whipple supercharger for it's low end power qualities. 1/8 mile winners for sure, but they run flat by the end of the 1/4 mile. Centrifugals will produce power past your red-line.

This coming Sept., I will be attending the Terlingua event, and they promise "1/2" mile drag racing (everythign in Texas is bigger). This will be a contest that will be revealing. IMHO (and I'm not looking to start a fight), the KB and Whipples will run out of steam before the finish line. Centrifugal and turbos will show their true stuff.

If you are a fan of autocross and road racing, your power adder of choice isn't that important. Most of your driving is inside the 4.6L-3V power band, 2500 to 5500 RPMs. Here, it doesn't matter which power adder you have, they all perform the same. It's simply a matter of how much boost you dial in.

This is another benefit of turbocharging vs. supercharging, boost is adjustable "on the fly" by manipulating the wastegate from inside the cockpit. With supercharging, it's a pulley change in the pits. Thanks again, for the suggestion.

http://www.superchargersonline.com/content.asp?id=5

which one,

http://www.procharger.com/2005_mustang.shtml

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/produc...&cat_key=11

http://www.paxtonauto.com/systems_1001852.html

LuLu, 1/2 mile??????Yeah, everything is bigger in TX. But if you are going to run a 1/2 mile with a blower I would recommend the stock 3.55 gears and definitely not the 4.10's some have installed. 4.10s in a 1/2 mile means less top end or a lot of shiny little pieces littering the track. Keep us posted.

Hey there,

Also available through Stillen - http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=TURT...p;model=MUSTANG

I will need to check on this, but I BELIEVE Turbonetics offers the same type of 3/36 that Roush offers (rides concurrent with your OEM warranty - $3000 on engine, $2000 on trans). Its an extra cost - like $350 or something along those lines. Dont quote me - I will find out detailes early in the week :)

Page

please do, i want prices too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wonder what quantum would want to do install? :burnout: :yahoo:

please do, i want prices too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wonder what quantum would want to do install? :burnout: :yahoo:

Hey there,

Yes a 3/36 warranty is available on the Turbonetics system ($350). The warranty rides concurrent with your OEM warranty. So, as an example if the car has 20,000 miles on it when the turbo is installed, there is basically 16,000 miles left on the Turbonetics warranty. The warranty provides up to $3000 on engine repairs and up to $2000 on trans repairs.

Hope this helps some

Page

Archived