TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Red or Blue?

I am getting CS center caps for my SGT. They come in aluminum with the CS logo in red or blue. Go with blue to coordinate with the car, but not match the color exactly? (The blue is lighter.) Or go with red to tie in with the fender stripes and PBF logo? Whatchya think?

post-12805-1215226903.jpg

post-12805-1215226903.jpg

I am getting CS center caps for my SGT. They come in aluminum with the CS logo in red or blue. Go with blue to coordinate with the car, but not match the color exactly? (The blue is lighter.) Or go with red to tie in with the fender stripes and PBF logo? Whatchya think?

I assume you are talking about the Tri Bar CS caps as that's all I have seen on their web site, but YEAH, either one should look good...I think the Blue is more the Carroll Shelby Guardsman Blue like what is on your dash plaque...but the red would certainly tie in with the Pit Stripes on the fenders as well...I don't think you can go wrong with either one, so Heads it's Blue, and Tails it's Red!!!

I have looked into this further. . . . . you can order the Carroll Shelby Wheels center caps in red CS or Blue CS logo. The only one that they have to fit the stock (Ford) SGT wheel, that I am aware of is the Tri-Bar with the Pony and the RWB stripe, much like our originals.

My only question is if the Shelby Wheels center caps you're looking at will fit our stock wheels. ??

When I get my wheels (finally make up my mind), I'm planning on getting Blue. I believe it's extra $$$$, but I'm ok with that. They come with Red as the standard logo on the center caps.

To answer the question at hand - as always - it's personal preference.

IMO, Blue on the Vista Blue car! But since you've gone with the Red Pit stripes, and the only other Red accent is the PBF emblems. . . . my decision would be to stick with the Red center caps!

Hope I helped somewhat. . . . .

Have fun with your decisions!!

Trevor

I agree with Trevor. I was confused because I think the "CS" center caps are for the Carroll Shelby Wheels. They may fit the Shelby GT Bullet but you might be taking a risk if they don't. Also the Carroll Shelby Wheels do come with standard with the red caps. The blue ones are optional at an extra charge. Personally, I intend to go with blue (eventually) for the CS40s I have ordered. I go with blue because that is what was on my favorite GT350 picture. Forutnately, I have the luxury of a black car so either matches.

Thanks guys. True, the center caps were made for the Shelby wheels, but my supplier did some test fitting on the 18" bullits and sent me pictures of how they fit. They sit a bit deeper on the face of the wheel, making them harder to steal, but he says they do fit solidly and should look correct. He has quoted me the same price for either color, hence the dilemma. My first thought was blue until I thought of tying in the other red on the car. Then I notice that the blue won't necessarily match Vista exactly. Then again, blue is kind of a Shelby color... how often is that logo printed in red, except on center caps?

Then again, blue is kind of a Shelby color... how often is that logo printed in red, except on center caps?

Other than the center caps and my headrests and console cover it is usually blue or silver. I really do not see the red used much. However, the original Shelby GT350 and Cobra logo's are red, white and blue.

Roger

I have looked into this further. . . . . you can order the Carroll Shelby Wheels center caps in red CS or Blue CS logo. The only one that they have to fit the stock (Ford) SGT wheel, that I am aware of is the Tri-Bar with the Pony and the RWB stripe, much like our originals.

They do these too, at least they USED to.

I had it easy, black with silver was an easy choice... ;)

Jer

Wheel_1.jpg

Wheel_1.jpg

Don't worry, Mark. We'll always have the window trim difference. (I do intend to get the lower fogs and brake ducts eventually) You're not adding red pit stripes, are you? Oh well, we're not likely to see each other at a traffic light. My supplier checked a set of red CS caps on a black bullitt wheel he had and said that they fit very well. You can see that they fit down inside the lip instead of on top of it like the Ford caps do, but they still manage to look nice, and would be harder to steal that way. I'm leaning towards the red ones just to tie in with the stripes. I'll just have to stay away from the Terlingua decal or it will start looking like a clown car with all the bright primary colors! Edit: added pics.

post-12805-1215539369.jpg

post-12805-1215539378.jpg

post-12805-1215539369.jpg

post-12805-1215539378.jpg

And here they are. The Shelby non-tri-bar center caps DO fit the factory Ford 18" bullitts. I actually think they fit better than OEM. They snap in tight and sit below the rim that the factory caps sat on top of. I went with red to tie in with the pit stripes and to be different from AFBLUE.

Mega thanks to Kevin Casey of Clevenger Ford (http://stores.ebay.com/ClevengerParts) for test fitting the caps at the warehouse to make sure they fit, getting me a great deal on them, and having them on my front porch in 48 hours! Nice guy, too!

post-12805-1215730287.jpg

post-12805-1215730294.jpg

post-12805-1215730287.jpg

post-12805-1215730294.jpg

And here they are. The Shelby non-tri-bar center caps DO fit the factory Ford 18" bullitts. I actually think they fit better than OEM. They snap in tight and sit below the rim that the factory caps sat on top of. I went with red to tie in with the pit stripes and to be different from AFBLUE.

I think the red was a good choice.

Neither...I would buy the gas cap and the MATCHING plain silver wheel caps. I see no reason to add "Shelby" to every little thing on the car. The design of the SGT, I think, is extremely elegant in it's clean uncluttered appearance and simplicity. I would have been happy if the gas cap JUST had the snake since we already have "Shelby" 8" above it. But hey...it's not over the top like the red/blue.

Anyway...my opinion, which is worth about 76 cents.

I like the yellow stripe with the terlingula decal, AFBLUE. A bit bold, but really sharp. Be ready for attention, though. I notice people looking at my car all the time, and their eyes are invariably drawn to the pit stripes. I haven't heard any negative comments about them yet, except from my wife (those look stupid!), but maybe those who don't like them are just being polite. I have gotten plenty of positive feedback. I hear ya Jeff, about having too much "Shelbyness" on the car, and I agree. I put the CS emblem on the rear and on the center caps, and I'll probably do a CS steering wheel cap when they become available, but that's about it. You could put a snake or the word Shelby on nearly every surface of the car, but it becomes more than redundant after awhile. I don't intend to do any snakes, and I haven't added the word Shelby anywhere except on a license plate frame. I'm pretty much done with the appearance of the car. Maybe tinting, and a shorter antenna, and lower fogs and brake ducts and......well, crud.....

Due to the flash blub, it's not giving an accurate view (blue looks a little lighter than it does in person). I'll take more pix in natural light later.

Yes installed myself. At first I thought I would have to take the wheels off to get the factory caps off. Called Kevin Casey and he said it was doable with them on so I got out the putty knife and pryed those bad boys off. The CS wheel caps come with a metal ring on the inside. Kevin recommended removing the ring as he thought the tension of the ring might cause one of the tabs to break during installation (might make it too tight of a fit). I did remove the rings and they snapped right in. Pretty snug. They aren't going anywhere.

65_crager_rim.jpg

post-14287-1216434438.jpg

post-14287-1216434448.jpg

post-14287-1216434456.jpg

post-14287-1216435593.jpg

post-14287-1216434438.jpg

post-14287-1216434448.jpg

post-14287-1216434456.jpg

post-14287-1216435593.jpg

Archived