TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My drivers seat is driving me nuts!!!

I took the car in to get some squeaks checked out. One in the Passenger vent (which is getting replaced) and a really bad one on the seat bottom of the drivers seat. It seems to be the plastic moulding on the side of the seat rubbing on the leather and is creaks every time I move (shifting, etc). I am not sure if anyone else is havin ghtis issue or not, but the dealer said the only thing they can think of to fix it is to replace the leather on the side with cloth. I obviously don't want them to do that, so anyone with the same issue or any suggestions please let me know what could fix this problem.

I had a similar problem with a previous car - seat leather rubbing against a hard surface next to it and squeaking.

My solution was to go out and buy some black Velcro strips wide & long enough to cover the affected area. As you know, Velcro comes in two parts: a soft, fuzzy part and a hard, grippy part. Cut a piece of the fuzzy part only to fit the area, and apply it to the hard surface. The leather seat will now rub silently against it.

You can use this technique for all sorts of "contact squeak" situations, incidentally.

Michael

I had a similar problem with a previous car - seat leather rubbing against a hard surface next to it and squeaking.

My solution was to go out and buy some black Velcro strips wide & long enough to cover the affected area. As you know, Velcro comes in two parts: a soft, fuzzy part and a hard, grippy part. Cut a piece of the fuzzy part only to fit the area, and apply it to the hard surface. The leather seat will now rub silently against it.

You can use this technique for all sorts of "contact squeak" situations, incidentally.

Michael

I stuck velcro under my radar detector where it sits on the dash (The other end is stuck to the windshield) so it wouldn't rub the dash raw.

Archived