TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Missing the old days...

All,

I remember this little forum where people talked, they had fun, exchanged info, supported one another while we waited for our cars, and celebrated with one another when we got them. Yes, it was a different time then, we were all learning together, all of us patiently and sometimes not so patiently for our cars to arrive. I can't put a finger on what it was, and for those who we have welcomed since, I can only describe it as "fun". It was a fun place to check into with many friendships made that went from just words on the screen into a real life friendship that in some cases shared some pretty cool life experiences.

Recently though I've seen some old friends leave, or stop posting, seen their postings go way way down, while some others talk about leaving. I hate to see this happen and fear it will continue if we stay on the trend we are. These cars are fun but frankly no one I have in my close circle gets it and I know all of you "get it" so I rely on all of you!

I just want to express my hope and desire that we find a way, even with scoops that are less than perfect, and missing "Y"s to have fun again. We really do have much to be thankful for and I would like to see us celebrate the good and not focus so much on the bad. Sure we can and should talk about issues of mutual concern and we can disagree without being disagreeable, but I have enough negative in other areas of my life. I used to count on you guys to put a smile on my face and now too often I'm getting frown lines in here.

I'm not sure as I read back on this stream of typing what the point of this post is, only I guess to vocalize what I've been thinking the past 3-6 months, and I hope we can get back to that helpful, fun, enthusiast forum we used to have where we respected and spoke to one another as friends.

You guys are my life line to all that I have learned about this car and I hope we're all here 10, 20, 30 years from now still debating adding a spoiler or not, etc., though I'm sure somewhere there will be a Hood Scoop thread, I just hope it's overall more like the old days rather that what I've seen lately...I know I'm going to try.

I guess I just miss the old days...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometime Jeff I feel the same way. But I also remember is was a tighter knit group. The Shelby GT forum dominated the site. There was a closer bond. When we transfered to the new site it felt different. Because it was. It is a much larger site with a more diverse group with a larger base. With the larger base come more issues and more opinions.

It becomes tougher due to the shear numbers. It doesn't mean we can't have fun though. It will never be the same but it will be what we make of it.

I hangin here to the bitter end!!!! You all need to stay on anyway, just to see when my next mod might come along and what it might be...it will always keep you on the edge of your toes..... :hysterical:

Never got out of control? Ummm, are we thinking of the same forum? I remember plenty of bitch sessions over there - some started by this guy named Matt but I forget if he came over here or not :P - but I will agree it was a tighter group.....

Touche!

;)

Ilmor at the rate of 1 mod per year I guess we all have a long wait. LOL

Roger LOL I was also doing 80 in the hybrid at the same time. LOL

1 mod per year??? Oh no, the pressure is intense!!! :hysterical:

Take it from the big man himself, "Damm the naaa sayers, and never give up". If you feel down just think of CS, and all that he has been through. He wants us to continue his name and just drive our cars and have FUN. What more is there. On this 4th of July we are all one club. All americans and free speech is what we are all about. Many have died for that and have served. Like CS says, "Just drive um" and go like hell while you can. I know I will. SUDDEN.

All,

I remember this little forum where people talked, they had fun, exchanged info, supported one another while we waited for our cars, and celebrated with one another when we got them. Yes, it was a different time then, we were all learning together, all of us patiently and sometimes not so patiently for our cars to arrive. I can't put a finger on what it was, and for those who we have welcomed since, I can only describe it as "fun". It was a fun place to check into with many friendships made that went from just words on the screen into a real life friendship that in some cases shared some pretty cool life experiences.

Recently though I've seen some old friends leave, or stop posting, seen their postings go way way down, while some others talk about leaving. I hate to see this happen and fear it will continue if we stay on the trend we are. These cars are fun but frankly no one I have in my close circle gets it and I know all of you "get it" so I rely on all of you!

I just want to express my hope and desire that we find a way, even with scoops that are less than perfect, and missing "Y"s to have fun again. We really do have much to be thankful for and I would like to see us celebrate the good and not focus so much on the bad. Sure we can and should talk about issues of mutual concern and we can disagree without being disagreeable, but I have enough negative in other areas of my life. I used to count on you guys to put a smile on my face and now too often I'm getting frown lines in here.

I'm not sure as I read back on this stream of typing what the point of this post is, only I guess to vocalize what I've been thinking the past 3-6 months, and I hope we can get back to that helpful, fun, enthusiast forum we used to have where we respected and spoke to one another as friends.

You guys are my life line to all that I have learned about this car and I hope we're all here 10, 20, 30 years from now still debating adding a spoiler or not, etc., though I'm sure somewhere there will be a Hood Scoop thread, I just hope it's overall more like the old days rather that what I've seen lately...I know I'm going to try.

I could tell you what happened, but I'd get threatened w/ being banned again.

Never got out of control? Ummm, are we thinking of the same forum? I remember plenty of bitch sessions over there - some started by this guy named Matt but I forget if he came over here or not :P - but I will agree it was a tighter group.....

I too miss the old Shelby website, but remember the post from Bud stating

you guys stop attacking one another or I will shut this site down.

I could tell you what happened, but I'd get threatened w/ being banned again.

Tell us!!! We need some fireworks today!!! :happy feet:

As member number 6, I guess I've been around awhile. I agree there seems to be more "half empty" types and others who take great pleasure in thier troll like posting..... that stuff get's old and tiring quickly. Unfortunately, it's the internet and with popularity and growth comes some pain. Almost every public forum website deals with the same issues. People are brave behind thier keyboards and say things they would never say in person. I just accept that there are all types of people here, only read what interests me and try to avoid the trivial crap that get's people so worked up.

I love my GT-500 and there is no better resource on the planet than this club and website

All,

Well said Jeff...I too have not posted for quite a while myself ( aka bikerbob)...the good ole days included Swedes never to be solved dilemna with not enuf power, matt in chicago keeping SAI on their toes re spoiler fixes, stripe issues etc. I've been almost a year sorting out my car with performance upgrades, stripe & scoop replacements etc. Just got wheels/tires last week and because of your post, will put up pics this week and see if we can scare up some of the old comradery & debates ( paxton vs whipple, spoiler vs no spoiler etc). I did enuf upgrades/damage to car and wallet I might be able to get a few things started. Thanks for raising the topic. more to follow.

well said to everyone. This place will never be the place we all came from, never. They both have/had their advantages and disadvantages, however this is all what WE make it. If WE choose to fight and bicker and piss and moan then this site will be short lived. I dont want this and niether do any of you, Team Shelby and SAI have issues as do each and every other organization and club. As I have said many times before, I am a VERY proud owner of a Shelby and a VERY proud member of Team Shelby. It may not always smell like roses, as long as we dont make it stink all the time. The difficulties from this morning and the last month or so will come and go, its up to each and everyone of us to let it go and make this place what we want it. Happy Forth of July to everyone and happy motoring. :burnout:

Well said Jeff...I too have not posted for quite a while myself ( aka bikerbob)...the good ole days included Swedes never to be solved dilemna with not enuf power, matt in chicago keeping SAI on their toes re spoiler fixes, stripe issues etc. I've been almost a year sorting out my car with performance upgrades, stripe & scoop replacements etc. Just got wheels/tires last week and because of your post, will put up pics this week and see if we can scare up some of the old comradery & debates ( paxton vs whipple, spoiler vs no spoiler etc). I did enuf upgrades/damage to car and wallet I might be able to get a few things started. Thanks for raising the topic. more to follow.

There you are! I miss the butt horn! ;) Well, not really.

Yes, MattInChicago was VERY forceful in the way he approached issues and however I hope reasonable. But I think at some point I remembered my grandmother telling me that old saying "you get more flies with honey than vinegar" etc.. I look at things different in the sense that there really isn't any benefit to me to trying to create some groundswell or bandwagon for what ever my cause is. There are other more effective ways to move things along and at times you just need to back off and say nothing I can say or do will change things or speed things along. Sometimes it's just not going to go my way and that's just the way it is!

Anyway, you've been missed and it would be great to see you back!

BTW: Do you want "bikerbob" back as a SN?

well said to everyone. This place will never be the place we all came from, never. They both have/had their advantages and disadvantages, however this is all what WE make it. If WE choose to fight and bicker and piss and moan then this site will be short lived. I dont want this and niether do any of you, Team Shelby and SAI have issues as do each and every other organization and club. As I have said many times before, I am a VERY proud owner of a Shelby and a VERY proud member of Team Shelby. It may not always smell like roses, as long as we dont make it stink all the time. The difficulties from this morning and the last month or so will come and go, its up to each and everyone of us to let it go and make this place what we want it. Happy Forth of July to everyone and happy motoring. :burnout:

+1

Ditto!

Yes, MattInChicago was VERY forceful in the way he approached issues and however I hope reasonable.

Gee, thanks Jeff! You are so cool!

I owe everything to you and I don't know how I will ever repay you. You are so handsome and all the women love you and men want to be you!

:bowdown:

Gee, thanks Jeff! You are so cool!

I owe everything to you and I don't know how I will ever repay you. You are so handsome and all the women love you and men want to be you!

Whoa...sometimes I feel like I am talking to myself!

Off to enjoy the rest of the 4th!

Cya guys and gals!

Matt, Jeff, or whatever. Now that is funny. LMFAO, the only way that could be funnier is if you were to have argued with yourself by posting. LMFAO. Chris

P.S. this is the kind of fun i miss here, this is like the trouble we used to all cuase at home. lol

Im not about to take all that time to reregister! --------------- SAI DRHVAC. "the rookie"

wanna hear something funny........my post count is higher than yours. ha just keep using these screen names :hysterical:

Archived