TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hasn't this gone on long enough ? !!!

zdle

Once again ZDS avoided my request for a documented trail of what he did to get the problems resolved & how they were handled each & every time.

ZDS, I posted the SAI warranty procedure for you & apparently you choose to ignore or not recognize that a written procedure has been established. If your car doesn’t get fixed before the warranty runs out, that’s your fault for not following Ford Motor Company’s & SAI’s written procedure and that’s no one else’s fault but yours.

If you start a document trail with Ford & SAI it will be covered should it take longer then 3 years (which I doubt it will). What will happen is if you don’t do this, it can & will be proved in court that you (ZDS) did not make an honest attempt to follow written & agreed upon warranty claims & procedures to get this corrected and/or documented by anyone of Ford’s 4,000+ dealerships & repair facilities shall you decided to be stupid enough to head down that road claiming no dealer would fix it & SAI is to blame.

I’m tired of seeing & reading all your arrogant, self righteousness, demanding rants of bull crap spewing from your keyboard & I would like to request that the moderators either freeze his account or ban him for violations of the T.O.S. “terms of service” that says “You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise volatile of any law.” And "Please post responsibly and remember that you are responsible for your own words and postings. Be careful about making comments that could be libelous or slanderous”.

Coldwater, and everyone else needs to lighten up on ZDS a bit. I'm assuming you own a Shelby GT (your profile only shows a GT 500). If you do, you have probably experienced some frustrations. I know I have. Put in a warranty claim for the new scoop 7 months ago. It showed up after a month....but it was the dip version so I chose to wait on the "Absolute Final Fix" which we have been waiting on for over a year now. Recently took my Shelby GT in due to a violent rattle in my shifter in 3rd gear and my stripes peeling. Again, followed the warranty process and advice provided on this forum, and got the run around. Stripes are on order, good to go, but the dealer service manager blamed the problem on "Roush" (yes I corrected him) and claimed they couldn't do anything about it. I also got the run around from PCG Enterprises (the ones you are supposed to call if you have shifter problems) by them saying I am the only one that has complained about the problem only happening in third gear, and therefore, they don't think it is a design problem and won't send me out a new shifter. They were kind enough to start a file on the problem so I told them I would re-engage them on the issue and provide the VIN and some other information.

The fact of the matter seems to be that the Shelby GT owners appear to have a harder time getting their problems addressed, I mean, a dealer's service manager (from the place I bought the car) not even knowing what it is may be indicative of a larger issue between SAI, FoMoCo, and the dealerships regarding this model car. I don't know, maybe things go smoother with the GT 500 for which warranty problems can be handled purely by Ford through tried and true processes that are well socialized with the dealerships.

If ZDS wants to vent, let him. If it bugs you ignore it. But the vitriolic responses, and somewhat sychophantic defense of SAI is as bothersome to many of us as guys like ZDS (who keep complaining about their defective hood scoops) are to you and the others that have taken to verbally beating him about the head and shoulders.

Again having said all that, I still love you all like brothers.

S/F

SMP

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is it taboo for a guy who paid $45K, for an SGT*, two years ago, to complain that " we're working on it " is an unacceptable answer?

BTW, I'm pretty happy with my SGT because I knew about the defects, when I bought it, a few months ago for much less than $45K.

______

* Which is now worth about $29K max.

This thread is going off topic fast.

Please keep the thread to the topic at hand for discussion.

No one has been banned. A warning has been given to be polite and respectful and to stop stirring the pot.

I have moved the topic to the Shelby discussion forum.

There is nothing wrong with discussing this issue, but this is what the problem is, and it will not be allowed, and that is why I have warned zds.

Reason for warning:

Disrespectfull comments.

Comments made to "stir the pot".

zds has said that he plans to keep stirring the pot.

Grabber...did you ever stop and think for a moment that when ZDS said he had plans to keep stirring the pot that he meant he had plans to keep his issues alive until he gets a satisfactory answer and that he did NOT mean he was going to cause trouble for the sake of causing trouble? In fact when you read everything he has said IN-CONTEXT to everything that is exactly what he meant by 'stir up the pot'.

The only people who seem to be stirring things up however are those folks who don't agree with what he has to say. And there are more than one who don't agree with him and that is where the calamity and ruckous is being manufactured. WHAT IS WRONG is to have a majority of folks here who share some similar views start to call for some particular person's ban or freeze just because they practiced their God-given FREE-AGENCY or WILL....Just because the majority of people may share the opinion that he is wrong about something doesn't somehow automatically make him wrong and everyone else right in terms of what is being said.

I would think YOU of all people would see that this latter situation is what is truly happening here so I am going to appeal to that reasonable side of you and state that what is going on here amounts to nothing more than what happened 2000 years ago at the Trial of trials when the majority of the people who were clamored together and saying the most got their way.

Grabber...did you ever stop and think for a moment that when ZDS said he had plans to keep stirring the pot that he meant he had plans to keep his issues alive

I don't care whether any person agrees with another or not...there is absolutely nothing wrong with a person stating their issues and going on to defend their view when being attacked by others who do not share that opinion.

WHAT IS WRONG is to have a majority of folks here who share some similar views start to call for some particular person's ban

I would think you of all people would see that this latter situation is what is truly happening here.

There is nothing wrong with keeping the issue alive, all I ask is that it is done in a respectful and tactful way.

Like I said, no one has been banned.

I see what is happening here, and that is why I have said that this thread needs to get back on topic. The last thing anyone of us here wants to do is close down a thread.

LETS KEEP THE DISCUSSION ABOUT THE TOPIC AT HAND.

LuLu:

I think there is just cause from both the customer and SAI to each express their gripes and rebuffs. There is one glaring fact about SAI that there certainly is alot of proof of with the posted responses SAI makes back to complaining customers....and that is their responses lack any delicate and skillful approach in dealing with any reported troublesome situations....especially anything that Amy responds to. There seems to be a total lack of finnese on her part that to me is unheard of by someone in a corporate position such as hers.

In geneal there is also a tendency on SAI to leave the customer with the impression that SAI will protect their own interests first and the customer's second. In reality I don't have a problem with this impression because when one comes down to it all businesses are going to put themselves first or else they wouldn't survive long if they "knee-jerk" reacted to everything a customer demands or expects. So in that aspect I think SAI is warranted to protect themselves so they don't "react" their way out of business.

However again I think the leaving of the wrong impression that seems to frequently occur is a symptom of the lack of finesse in the responses of Amy and some other agents of SAI. People who are going to be the active public voices while at the same time holding corporate positions within the company should be a little less "blue" under the collar if you understand what I mean.

Now about the customers....I have to say that there are some folks here that are somewhat impatient or sometimes fail to realize some of the realities of what is happening to address certain reported problems. When I first joined several months back I was one of those folks. However with time and continued reading and participation in the forum posts I have pretty much come to be satisfied with what SAI has created by way of the SGT. It is a fine vehicle and perhaps one of the best Mustangs I have ever owned. I have had 7 of them in my time, including a 2003 SVT Cobra Terminator and I thought that Mustang could never be surpassed for me, but the SGT does surpsss it in many ways. And I have learned that HORSEPOWER is not the sum total of the criteria for judging a car.

I have also come to be satisified with SAI customer service. I have several issues going on with my vehicle but at this point things are moving forward to get these issues resolved. As I have continued my reading of forum posts I have come to the conclusion that SAI workers are for the most part over-worked and probably under-paid. This would at least explain some of kinds of explanations SAI provides and could also explain some of Amy's issues with "finesse" as well. Let's face it, SAI would probably be classified as a "small" business and a very specialized niche to boot. So as such SAI will have to be extremely aggressive and vigilante in managing their costs. So they would need a very strong and aggressive CEO as well. And that can certainly explain why and how SAI responds to customer issues.

In short I think what I describe above is not something that can necessarily be made to get any better just because of the nature of SAI being a small business and a very specialized niche which demands the kind of aggressive cost control I mentioned.

+1

At my job I am one of the peons that gets pee'd on. Yet the e-mail responses and letters I send from work would be more 'blue' if it weren't for a friend and co-worker that edits the response before I push the send button or give the letter to admin for mailing. It costs me very little, I let my friend know I appreciate his editing ability and occasionally pay for lunch.

My hoodscoop is a little warped but I like it that way. Keep it original. The fibergrlass on my 67 GT500 was out of control. I think a lot of the problem is that when you drive the SGT it is always there in constant view. If it were the side scoops most people would not care as much. But the scoop is highly visable and reminds you everytime you drive it. Just get over it and look to the next turn like race pros do. The only thing that is wierd is that you would think someone would have noticed it at SAI during the production run. Like hey man the hood scoop sucks, but I wasn't there so who knows what happened. Just my 2 cents, SUDDEN.

Below are some pics of my original scoop. I ordered this car and received it last Oct. When sitting in the car you do see some slight waves down the sides..... Also there is a very slight gradual dip in the top that you have to be at the right angle to notice. It is not lifting off the hood at this point, and there is only one rivet that is secured to tight and slightly recessed into the scoop. My stripes are fine also. I am watching everything closely though.

I have seen some bad ones at my dealer, as they probably sold 8 to 10 SGT's. Mine turned out to be the best of all the SGT's they sold. Although there is a big quality issue with the scoops themselves, i think improper installation could possibly be the bigger issue, based on how well my original scoop looks at this point.

I would be curious to know how many members scoops are on par with mine.

1. Slight waves down the sides - yes I have these too.

2. Very slight gradual dip in the top - no but I do have a noticeable "dent" about 2 inches in length down the front left where the scoop rounds down to its attachment point.

3. Lifting off the hood - mine has a small space around the back half of the scoop. On the passenger side scoop back corner I can see daylight to the front.

4. One rivet that is secured to tight and slightly recessed into the scoop - My rivets are perfect. There is on that has caused a very tiny UN-noticeable wrinkle in the stripe underneath.

5. Stripes are fine - mine are too.

6. I have something not mentioned...where the dent is a patch of silver touchup paint that has a small "run" line along the dents bottom.

Why am I not complaining...because everything I have described with mine actually gives the car "historical" character as the original Shelby 350's were constructed pretty much with similar problems. I actually think it enhances the car's "no-nonsense" look which is one of the most striking features of the old Shelby's. The only time I would be provoked into "drawing the line" with my scoop would be if I had riviets with heads that looked "crunched-up" as some folks have reported. To me that is a complete NO-NO as rivets should be put on correctly and not look like it was done by some amatuer. Fortunately I don't have this problem.

Please don't blacklist me :offtopic: for saying that I'm leaving to go drive my SGT on this beautiful 4th of July. :shift:

:backtotopic:

Have a great 4th, and watch out and be extra careful on the road today.

+1

At my job I am one of the peons that gets pee'd on. Yet the e-mail responses and letters I send from work would be more 'blue' if it weren't for a friend and co-worker that edits the response before I push the send button or give the letter to admin for mailing. It costs me very little, I let my friend know I appreciate his editing ability and occasionally pay for lunch.

I can certainly relate! :rockon:

1. Slight waves down the sides - yes I have these too.

2. Very slight gradual dip in the top - no but I do have a noticeable "dent" about 2 inches in length down the front left where the scoop rounds down to its attachment point.

3. Lifting off the hood - mine has a small space around the back half of the scoop. On the passenger side scoop back corner I can see daylight to the front.

4. One rivet that is secured to tight and slightly recessed into the scoop - My rivets are perfect. There is on that has caused a very tiny UN-noticeable wrinkle in the stripe underneath.

5. Stripes are fine - mine are too.

6. I have something not mentioned...where the dent is a patch of silver touchup paint that has a small "run" line along the dents bottom.

Why am I not complaining...because everything I have described with mine actually gives the car "historical" character as the original Shelby 350's were constructed pretty much with similar problems. I actually think it enhances the car's "no-nonsense" look which is one of the most striking features of the old Shelby's. The only time I would be provoked into "drawing the line" with my scoop would be if I had riviets with heads that looked "crunched-up" as some folks have reported. To me that is a complete NO-NO as rivets should be put on correctly and not look like it was done by some amatuer. Fortunately I don't have this problem.

I'm not complaining either because at this point isn't bad enough to mess with. If it doesn't get any worse by the time the warranty is up i will probably leave it alone. It would be my luck if i had it replaced, i would end up with more problems than i have now.

I have seen scoops on this site and on dealer lots that i couldn't live with though, and understand the owners frustration. I might end up being one of them at some point.

Thats it!! Im tired of this thread!!! Im going out and drive the SS and yall can come with me!! Lets go drive the wheels off these babies!!!

Ya'll have a great fourth of July. Im have been working and reading this thread, but now Im off and Im going to go find SOMEWHERE to go. I got $4.87 a gallon gas in my car that I need to burn out. I hear they just come out with $5.00 a gallon gas. It cost more so it must be better. I cant wait to put it in the car. I bet it runs better with the "Good Stuff" :hysterical:

michael morris

07SGT0546 (formerly USMCShelby),

Well said.

Semper Fi,

walc / Lee

USMC Vietnam Veteran

What does Semper Fi have to do with a defective scoop ?......................I spent my time Viet Nam to , and that in it self says I am not going to let any one including SAI forget about this problem ,or make me a victim...................SEA is something I put behind me a long time ago , ZDS

Sub-contractors have no responsibiliy............SAI gave them a specification or request , they performed and SAI accepted the part ...The back of the car says "SHELBY".......................of course SAI is responsible or they wouldn't be at least telling us they are working on a fix .......Hey Amy says the built 7000 correctly ....................Thats all I want , a correct one of which she claims 7000 or so were done ..............ZDS

You just validated what I said before. You are grandstanding your issues in an effort for others to wallow in your personal unhappiness about this matter. We are not becoming uncomfortible, and your tatics are not accomplishing anything other than getting yourself isolated from the other members here, and ultimately your scoop will not get corrected any faster by following this path. If you are really, truely, bugged everytime you sit in the car and look out the windsheild at your defective scoop, you would have contacted SAI privately for a resolution and gotten the explanation that you are upset about not getting, but you never contacted SAI, did you? Hell, I don't even think that you went up the chain of command at Santa Maria Ford or whatever they call themselves nowadays.

And your assumption that other members here will start to question the status of the replacement scoop in the same manner you are is as you can see, quite misguided.

Best of luck to you.

I want a written explanation of the condition , of which Amy says only a few of 8000 exist , that means they did atleast 7000 correctly ..........we are owed a SAI Letterhead communication of the issue ........................or a fix just like the 7000 or so they already have done and know how to do , (unlease their process is out of control "Six Sigma" and they did 7000 by luck).........................Ijust hope Chip Beck will have his fix ready soon , because I have seen a lot more detailed explanation of the problem from him than I have from SAI , probably because SAI's lawys tell them to say nothing ......................

ZDS

Don't be rude ZDS. You are alienating yourself and I find it hard myself to sympathize with you. This is not the way to resolve your issues.

Respectfullly,

I am just trying to probe enough to find out exactly whats going on ..................the only complete explanations , and solutions on this issue have come from Chip Beck , and I believe it is bcause SAI legal staff puts a cap on any real info that may go to the Customer ...........ZDS

Once again ZDS avoided my request for a documented trail of what he did to get the problems resolved & how they were handled each & every time.

ZDS, I posted the SAI warranty procedure for you & apparently you choose to ignore or not recognize that a written procedure has been established. If your car doesn’t get fixed before the warranty runs out, that’s your fault for not following Ford Motor Company’s & SAI’s written procedure and that’s no one else’s fault but yours.

If you start a document trail with Ford & SAI it will be covered should it take longer then 3 years (which I doubt it will). What will happen is if you don’t do this, it can & will be proved in court that you (ZDS) did not make an honest attempt to follow written & agreed upon warranty claims & procedures to get this corrected and/or documented by anyone of Ford’s 4,000+ dealerships & repair facilities shall you decided to be stupid enough to head down that road claiming no dealer would fix it & SAI is to blame.

I’m tired of seeing & reading all your arrogant, self righteousness, demanding rants of bull crap spewing from your keyboard & I would like to request that the moderators either freeze his account or ban him for violations of the T.O.S. “terms of service” that says “You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise volatile of any law.” And "Please post responsibly and remember that you are responsible for your own words and postings. Be careful about making comments that could be libelous or slanderous”.

\

Recall letter is not obsene or abusive...............................$44,999.50 - .02 = $44,999.48 left ...........I'll be hear for a while or until the letter come or the Scoop gets the "Final Fix"..........ZDS

Way are you so "F"in hung up on a letter?

Amy's written comments here are not good enough for you?

Why is it your every intention to NAG, NAG, NAG, RANT, RANT, RANT, until you get what you want like a 5 year old in a candy store?

Its members like you that ruin it for the rest of us here since you can't follow the warranty directions per your owner’s manual.

You have no proof that Shelby gives you a direct warranty, only Ford does. If it's a Shelby part, material or labor issue, Ford is the one that has an agreement with Shelby, not you to send the replacement parts.

Your problem is with Ford; see them for your problem as you will not get anything resolved here on a CORPORATE FORUM BOARD with your ranting attitude.

You have said what you have came here to say, now go see your lawyer & tell him what your problem is & then watch him laugh you out of his office for not going to Ford since that's where you bought the car from, not SAI.

Oh, buy the way, it doesn't matter if I own a SGT or a GT500, I paid more then you did ZDS so that gives me a lot more $0.02 worth of posting then you do. And folks that paid more then I did can out post me if they want, it really doesn't matter how much you, I or anyone else paid or what car # you have. If your not happy with the car get rid of it; PERIOD!

Archived