TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hasn't this gone on long enough ? !!!

zdle

Do the people at SAI have any respect for the CUSTOMERS, buyers that put trust in the Shelby name and product , and money in their pockets. Do you people have in the least some intent to acknowlege official that you sold a car that YOU GARRAUNTY with DEFECTIVE PARTS ON IT.........???

You are so afraid of litigation , and some cost to correct your own defect that you are going to cost yourselves more money in litigation if it is proven that you are intentionaly shunning your customers reniging on your stated Garruanty , omitting information , and general ofuscations , to avoid responsibility..............................When , Just a simple SAI letter will do !, If you can't do this then I am very suspicious of your real intentions!!!!!!!

Please everone out there don't go to sleep on the DEFECTIVE SCOOP , it seems thats what they are hoping for.

ZDS

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do the people at SAI have any respect for the CUSTOMERS, buyers that put trust in the Shelby name and product , and money in their pockets. Do you people have in the least some intent to acknowlege official that you sold a car that YOU GARRAUNTY with DEFECTIVE PARTS ON IT.........???

You are so afraid of litigation , and some cost to correct your own defect that you are going to cost yourselves more money in litigation if it is proven that you are intentionaly shunning your customers reniging on your stated Garruanty , omitting information , and general ofuscations , to avoid responsibility..............................When , Just a simple SAI letter will do !, If you can't do this then I am very suspicious of your real intentions!!!!!!!

Please everone out there don't go to sleep on the DEFECTIVE SCOOP , it seems thats what they are hoping for.

ZDS

Outside of the hood scoop, what other PARTS are you having problems with?

How do you know a solution isn't being tested right now?

ZDS!

Amy has responded to the hood scoop concerns in her Q&A forum, as well as in the Hood Scoop thread, and stated they are in testing while expressing her desire to get it right this time hence the delay.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=459363

I have had "numerous items" repaired but all were covered under our warranty, and all my issues, except the hood scoop, have been addressed and addressed quickly.

I know you have made a lot of mods to your car and race it hard on the track but are there other issues that haven't been able to get resolved?

Outside of the hood scoop, what other PARTS are you having problems with?

How do you know a solution isn't being tested right now?

* Muffler Hangers catching on rear facia.

* Shifter loose

* The "Y" in Shelby falling off

* Car didn't come with the stated Ford Racing Filter"

* Car didn't come with a JACK. , intentional Omission not stated.

* Drivers side rear wheel too close to fender because the panhard rod is not adjustable.

* Stipes defective poorly installed bubbling.

* 3 Year warranty rapidly running out.

* The Signature Design Feature of all Shelby Cars , non functional , ill-fitting , warps , poorly designed and manufactuered with improper materials , and an imbar ass ment to the owners when anyone sits in the front seat of what they (I) paid $45,000 (feeling more of a Sap evry day that SAI letter does not come.

* SAI NOT RESPONSIVE TO A LEGITIMATE CUSTOMER ISSUE !!!

Just look at the other threads on this topic.

Jeff,

He may not be able to get into that section of the forums.

He is right though, ZDS, this has been addressed by Shelby. Also, there is a toll free number to call for any Shelby GT warranty issues: 1.800.367.3788

Good point!

ZDS here is the post by Amy:

Posted on: Jun 21 2008, 01:31 PM

Guys, there is a scoop and new stripe in test, this is taking awhile because of the testing, please give us the time to make sure it is ok

Amy

Good point!

ZDS here is the post by Amy:

Posted on: Jun 21 2008, 01:31 PM

Guys, there is a scoop and new stripe in test, this is taking awhile because of the testing, please give us the time to make sure it is ok

Amy

Didn't ask AMY what was being done .....................Asking for acknowlegement of a DEFECTIVE PART

---------------- RECALL --------------

I know , a distastfull word to SAI !!!! OOPS to them RECALL spells RESONSIBILITY , thats why they won't put it in a SAI LETERHEAD............................not class no character NoCount........

* Muffler Hangers catching on rear facia - Muffler Hangers are a Ford part and any fix regardless is covered under your warranty. I know because I have a new passenger side muffler on order now due to hanger issue.

* Shifter loose - Mine vibrated badly upon acceleration it was fixed under warranty by cutting the adjacent hangers. Others have had the shifter replaced under warranty.

* The "Y" in Shelby falling off - My"Y" fell off too! It seems to be, for what ever reason, the problem child. I got one sent to me under warranty others have just applied 3M emblem tape and taken care of the issue.

* Car didn't come with the stated Ford Racing Filter" - No where does it say that you get a Ford Racing Filter. I'm not going to go back and find all the posts but when people saw the Ford Power Pack mentioned as part of the SGT they assumed that it was the retail package, even included the Tuner, but in reality Ford shipped the actual performance components in bulk and the oil filters were not a part of that. Search for the topics on if they are even worth it. Of course for you a person that actually races it may be! I buy them for the looks! :)

* Car didn't come with a JACK. , intentional Omission not stated. - This is a Ford decision not Shelby and the same holds true for the GT500 and it was stated indifferent Ford marketing materials and noted in the old SAI forum for day one, and in magazine reviews that car came with the inflation kit.

* Drivers side rear wheel too close to fender because the panhard rod is not adjustable. - That issue I don't have but didn't you update to 20" wheels? Are you saying your 20" wheels have issues?

* Stipes defective poorly installed bubbling. - I had some bubbles. A BIG one in the back. All were fixed without needing to replace the stripes.

* The Signature Design Feature of all Shelby Cars , non functional , ill-fitting , warps , poorly designed and manufactuered with improper materials , and an imbar ass ment to the owners when anyone sits in the front seat of what they (I) paid $45,000 (feeling more of a Sap evry day that SAI letter does not come.

Speaking for myself I am VERY PROUD to drive this car and NEVER have I owned a car (and I have owned, and do, many that cost MUCH more) that gets the looks and thumbs up this car does.

Just look at the other threads on this topic. - I do, DAILY, and as I have stated above there are fixes for all, except the hood scoop, you have a warranty, use it. You don't need a letter from anyone for that.

Didn't ask AMY what was being done .....................Asking for acknowlegement of a DEFECTIVE PART

I know , a distastfull word to SAI !!!! OOPS to them RECALL spells RESONSIBILITY , thats why they won't put it in a SAI LETERHEAD............................not class no character NoCount........

first off if you want us to listen, you need to stop the "yelling" and stop threatening and being insulting. You have a ford number to call, not everyone has a scoop issue, not everyone has a stripe issue, a recall is if there is one part defective on all cars, this is not the case, there are 15 scoops that where used over 2 model years,.

On your other issues i don't have a clue what your talking about, except the ford racing part was no changed by us, take that up with ford. If you want to continue to post her, do so in a proper manner or i will remove you

Amy

I see, you won't be satisfied until you get a letter. I would think there wouldn't be a recall on the hood scoop until they have the fix right? I mean it's not a safety issue (please no jokes about scoops flying off, heard'um), so I would think if there were to be some notification it would come once the final fix is approved and there is a process to obtain them defined.

All a guess on my part but it seems to make sense to me anyway!

Jeff,

He may not be able to get into that section of the forums.

He is right though, ZDS, this has been addressed by Shelby. Also, there is a toll free number to call for any Shelby GT warranty issues: 1.800.367.3788

The proffesional Standard in the automotive industry is a RECALL Letter ....................If the claim tobe part of this industry , hand in hand with FO MO CO ...................they owe us a SAI Letterhead Explanation..............there can be no fuzz on this , and nothing else is acceptable ...................

All else leads me to question the true intentions of SAI.....................it's been too long , and I am getting a bad feeling about the whole thing , as a private individual has a solution to the issue with in a few month of working on it .

SAI should be ashamed of deveoping one model after another without resolving DEFECTIVE PARTS ON AUTOMOBILES THAT HAVE PUT MONEY THEIR POCKETS ..............Sorry Carrol its like worse than somene using your name .....................we don't have the money Mr. Shelby does to hire lawyers when he thinks some ones gonna make a buck on his name ...................He should make his name good on this car first .....................it deserves HIS Attention..........................Zale Douglas Schuster

Sombody forward this to Miss Amy!!!

first off if you want us to listen, you need to stop the "yelling" and stop threatening and being insulting. You have a ford number to call, not everyone has a scoop issue, not everyone has a stripe issue, a recall is if there is one part defective on all cars, this is not the case, there are 15 scoops that where used over 2 model years,.

On your other issues i don't have a clue what your talking about, except the ford racing part was no changed by us, take that up with ford. If you want to continue to post her, do so in a proper manner or i will remove you

Amy

Recently I have been driving my SGT back and forth to work , and I am sick of looking at the back of this warped and gap ridden scoop I paid 45,000$ cash for , and explaining it to passengers.............The Ford dealer in Santa Maria wants no part of this , and you have not given formal acknowlegement in writing. I have looked at many Shelbys on the lots , and your are right I have not seen many as bad as mine , and others that have posted pictures on this site..........................So ,why not fix them for us if you know the others are correct then you know how to do it right , this should be a simple matter if thats the case?

I will get this car fixed one way or another , but after 2 Model years , and 15 scoops as you say , I think you owe us an explanation .................In writing............it's the professional thing to do ...............it's the acepted way in the automotive world .....................all car companies issue recalls, this is not medicine it's ethical business conduct...............................ZDS

Recently I have been driving my SGT back and forth to work , and I am sick of looking at the back of this warped and gap ridden scoop I paid 45,000$ cash for , and explaining it to passengers.............The Ford dealer in Santa Maria wants no part of this , and you have not given formal acknowlegement in writing. I have looked at many Shelbys on the lots , and your are right I have not seen many as bad as mine , and others that have posted pictures on this site..........................So ,why not fix them for us if you know the others are correct then you know how to do it right , this should be a simple matter if thats the case?

I will get this car fixed one way or another , but after 2 Model years , and 15 scoops as you say , I think you owe us an explanation .................In writing............it's the professional thing to do ...............it's the acepted way in the automotive world .....................all car companies issue recalls, this is not medicine it's ethical business conduct...............................ZDS

the professional thing to do is to keep all members updated on this site. when the new one is done we will notify you. What i don't need is to send a letter to someone who has a perfect scoop and they go running to a dealer to ask what is wrong.

We have continued to keep everyone updated and we will continue to do so. Th reason that this is not simple is the combination of stripes material, scoops and rivits and bolts, so there is not one answer fits all.

again, stop calling for a recall and saying we are unethical.

Amy

the professional thing to do is to keep all members updated on this site. when the new one is done we will notify you. What i don't need is to send a letter to someone who has a perfect scoop and they go running to a dealer to ask what is wrong.

We have continued to keep everyone updated and we will continue to do so. Th reason that this is not simple is the combination of stripes material, scoops and rivits and bolts, so there is not one answer fits all.

again, stop calling for a recall and saying we are unethical.

Amy

Your right this is not the way I expect to have to speak or act to get a response from SAI .

This topic needs to be gone from the Tech/Mods forum. It may be a valid topic, maybe not, I can't say. However, it surely has nothing to do with technical issues, or, mods accomplished by owners/members.

Personally, I find it highly offensive. But, I'm not SAI and I have no standing to complain. It's just (IMHO) "stuff" I don't need to read in my daily travels through Team Shelby on the web.

Considering the volume of similar opinions, perhaps it's time to consider a "bitch" forum? We need a place to park "rants" when and where where folks can post their opinion on stuff and stay out of our larger and otherwise satisfied face.

Dunno...Maybe I'm the stupid one here, but I am very tired of reading these rants, especially after I drive 240 miles in one day to get an SGT mod installed just to come home and read this. Hoping to report positive results to y'all, my expense in time and money is defeated. I'll mod my SGT the way I want, but why am I taking the time to report my results for such an ungrateful community?

This "stuff" is chilling and it makes me wonder why I bothered to begin with...

I dunno...Maybe it's time for me to evaluate what I'm doing here.

* Muffler Hangers catching on rear facia.

* Shifter loose

* The "Y" in Shelby falling off

* Car didn't come with the stated Ford Racing Filter"

* Car didn't come with a JACK. , intentional Omission not stated.

* Drivers side rear wheel too close to fender because the panhard rod is not adjustable.

* Stipes defective poorly installed bubbling.

* 3 Year warranty rapidly running out.

* SAI NOT RESPONSIVE TO A LEGITIMATE CUSTOMER ISSUE !!!

Just look at the other threads on this topic.

I fixed the "Y" myself with 3M Emblem Adhesive. I bought another set of letters for back-up

I fixed my hood pin plates by buying better ones from Tony Branda. In fact, I think I'm going to buy another pair as a back-up.

I called and SAI sent me another set of hood pin rings that are thicker and don't pop out of the retaining holes.

The brackets that mount the hood pins rusted so I painted them with flat black Rustoleom primer.

I bought a Mustang spare and scissors jack. But because the car is lowered, the jack won't fit unless you also have a means to raise the wheel with the flat so that the jack will fit under the car. So, I also bought this...

http://www.raceramps.com/store/shopexd.asp?id=67

The hood scoop is the only thing I haven't been able to fix myself.

I didn't have problems with the stripes, shifter, muffler brackets etc. Maybe because I have a low serial number (#384), the best mechanics were working on them. Then they saw they were getting behind and had to hire more people to rush out the later serial numbered cars. Just a theory! :P

Well, to just put my .02 cents in, I believe that SAI and all of the staff knows the issues with the hood scoops and believe it or not I do think that they are doing their best to come up with a solution...the last solution so they don't have re-do it again. I must say, that when Keith heard that we were having issues with the rusty lanyards, he sent out a pair to me at no charge withing a week without going to the dealer, I seriously believe that as a Shelby endorsed company they are doing a fine job handling our complaints.

Furhtermore, we should be very thankful that atleast the folks at SAI are willing to tlak to us either via the 1-800 number or through this forum....they don't have to,but the fact that they do is a clear indication that they are trying to work with us to come up with solutions to our minor problems....I mean c'mon, how many times have you folks spoken to the president of a company???? Amy , as busy as you are to even look at the computer to listen to our problems is great and I and many more TS members thank you for that.

zdle,

I understand your frustration, especially when you paid $45K for a car that now sells new for $34K. However, it seems that SAI is admitting there are problems and offering solutions, such as replacement hood pins, etc.

SAI isn't to blame if certain Ford dealer service departments are too lazy or incompetent to process warranty claims.

I agree that 2 years of production and unresolved hood scoop issues is too long; but, it seems that the solution isn't as simple as I would think. Furthermore, the CEO of SAI has acknowledged the problem, on this forum, and is keeping us apprised. What other car company would do that?

I would like to hear from ZDS how he has gone about trying to get these issues resolved over the last 2 years & the results he ended up having or getting (you know, a documented paper trail, not just lip service from a keyboard)

It very easy for someone to cry foul on the internet without actually doing anything but yet slamming the maker of the car or their suppliers that help assembled such a great car. If the owner really did read his owners manual material (and paperwork) that was given to him/her when the car was purchased & read how warranty claims are to be handled (see attachment below) they should have known how to actually follow proto call per the laws & rules as agreed upon when the car was purchased. Shelby_GT_07.warranty_procedure_01_23_07.pdf

If your Dealer refuses to help you after the sale, then the problem really falls back on Ford Motor Company, Not SAI or Amy. You need to address that with Ford customer service as a complaint for not holding up their end of the agreement that was set up & established when the car was sold. Recalls are for defective parts that can cause a loss of life or injury, not for appearance items such as decals, lettering or warped Non-functional hood scoops.

I too have had issues with my car and have a substantial financial investment. Since joining the "original" Shelby Auto's forum quite some time ago I have always found the management of Shelby Automobiles to be very attentive to owner's concerns and complaints.

Having the CEO regularly monitor the forum is unique and I consider a privilege to the owner's. To be able to voice opinions and concerns and have a direct response is unique in today's business world. The are many mediums available to have the issues you outlined corrected. I have found all to work and work well.

The scoop issue, as mentioned, has and is being addressed. While it may seem this would be an easy process I’m sure there is MUCH more that we do not know about. To be disgruntled is fair considering the cash outlay. To question the company's business practices in this medium I don't agree with.

Your issues should and must be handled by your Ford Dealer. They have the information in their computer system to call for any questions regarding any installed parts provided by SAI and they have a process in place to address them. The question seems to be "what type of service are you receiving from your dealer"?

I hope you can resolve these issues through the Ford Dealer Network to your satisfaction. I’m sure the hood scoop issue will be resolved. It may not be a quick as everyone would like but I am confident is still a priority issue with SAI.

Roger

That PDF is great info, thank you!

I would like to hear from ZDS how he has gone about trying to get these issues resolved over the last 2 years & the results he ended up having or getting (you know, a documented paper trail, not just lip service from a keyboard)

It very easy for someone to cry foul on the internet without actually doing anything but yet slamming the maker of the car or their suppliers that help assembled such a great car. If the owner really did read his owners manual material (and paperwork) that was given to him/her when the car was purchased & read how warranty claims are to be handled (see attachment below) they should have known how to actually follow proto call per the laws & rules as agreed upon when the car was purchased. Shelby_GT_07.warranty_procedure_01_23_07.pdf

If your Dealer refuses to help you after the sale, then the problem really falls back on Ford Motor Company, Not SAI or Amy. You need to address that with Ford customer service as a complaint for not holding up their end of the agreement that was set up & established when the car was sold. Recalls are for defective parts that can cause a loss of life or injury, not for appearance items such as decals, lettering or warped Non-functional hood scoops.

Amy

7/3/08

Amy,

I purchased a new - left over '07 SGT in May. I have been 'monitoring' the forums posts on the scoop and stripes and want to assure you that most of them are courtious in their tone. What is the saying about sitting in front of your computer drinking when writing to complain? Not a much better mix than driving. Some people say I have anger management issues - GEEZ. If I had my car for a year plus now I might be feeling a little put off by the time it seems to be taking. Just throwing this out there...if an aluminum scoop is being considered as a replacement unit, knowing how passonate and proud the fellow owners are of these cars and how much additional many (me included) put into them to improve performance, etc. that most would be willing to pay a difference for such an upgrade. Considering whether its headers, S/C, etc costs $50-60 per horsepower gain I would not have a problem and would consider it reasonable and fair. The biggest consideration for me would be the application of the fix of the scoop or stripes; alot of the Ford dealers are pretty ham fisted and can do more damage in the 'fix'.

I sold a C5 ZO6 then got the performance itch again and chose the SGT. It has tons of character and cool and it is great to still be able to get a modifed production car that has actually been prepped by SAI. Take care and have a great 4th!

Sincerely,

Doug Nash

CSM# 07SGT5501

Doug Nash

The scoop doesn't function so it's not a mechanical problem. Your car still runs fine. Stop crying and wait for the fix. Also don't let anyone ride with you , can't imagine why they would .

ZDS,

My hood scoop doesn't really have a problem - yes I wish it was actually riveted all the way around, but it's not warping and it's not messing up the stripes like some pictures I've seen. If SAI sent out a recall then they'd have to send one to me for work that doesn't need to be done. I've talked to the folks at SAI (like Bud Mahoney) quite a few times on the phone and through email and they have always been very helpful - I owe Bud a case of beer for all the help he's given me. The folks over at Shelby Performance Parts are the same way.

Matt

Archived