TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Boss Ford Mustang

GT500-07

look's like they got the memo :hysterical:

2010 Boss Ford Mustang

http://www.stangnet.com/2010-Ford-Mustang/...ang-080701.html

2010 mustang making its debut in summer of 09???? :hysterical:

I think it will be sometime this year that it makes its debut since the 09 mustang is scheduled to end production on Jan 30th 2009, which means 2010 would start production in Feb 2010 and arriving at dealers by late Feb early March.

2010 mustang making its debut in summer of 09???? :hysterical:

I think it will be sometime this year that it makes its debut since the 09 mustang is scheduled to end production on Jan 30th 2009, which means 2010 would start production in Feb 2010 and arriving at dealers by late Feb early March.

The '10 Boss won't be on the early J1 ...it will be later (summer '09) from what I understand.

I give Saleen credit they have pulled off the Gurney eagle pretty well its a throwback Boss look it fits well with the current bodystyle.

I got a question for you 68 who would you want to build a new boss Ford, Roush, or Saleen?

Personally if SVT was doing it I'd say Ford and go a Manracer style setup within reason of course.

But I think Roush could really do something if they looked at the Saleen styling and put some of their

go fast tricks from Dean Roush's mustang setup on it. The Saleen is very nice and it looks great but its alittle over the top.

I think power when I think Boss302 raw nasty stuff that can handle twistys and runs like a raped ape on the straights.

:D

I give Saleen credit they have pulled off the Gurney eagle pretty well its a throwback Boss look it fits well with the current bodystyle.

I got a question for you 68 who would you want to build a new boss Ford, Roush, or Saleen?

Personally if SVT was doing it I'd say Ford and go a Manracer style setup within reason of course.

But I think Roush could really do something if they looked at the Saleen styling and put some of their

go fast tricks from Dean Roush's mustang setup on it. The Saleen is very nice and it looks great but its alittle over the top.

I think power when I think Boss302 raw nasty stuff that can handle twistys and runs like a raped ape on the straights.

:D

Well, I think I'd want it from Ford/SVT. Roush and Saleen do very respectable well-engineered aftermarket builds, imo, but are often a little too 'ricer' looking for my taste, -- though the Saleen-PJ was superb looking, imo.

I'm kinda hoping the '10MY Boss from Ford will be very much like the Saleen PJ but for a whole lot less since it's one build. :shrug: There's also a hot rumor that it may be the first Mustang GTDI/EcoBoost. Personally, +/-400 factory HP from a NA 5.0 would be just fine if it has the right handling pieces (or from FRP) and it's seriously lightened. If it's NA, and light on options, I can see it coming in under 3500lbs, maybe less. If GTDI, a bit more -- dunno. I think the PJ was only about 3350# so I think there's room -- even though the factory will be limited in what mods they can stuff down the AAI line for sure.

Who knows, Ford has been so silent on this, but I can't help but think we'll get a preview on the early '09 show circuit -- maybe even a 'teaser' at SEMA in Nov(??), tho Ford seems to not be playing the game that way anymore. :shrug:

Archived