TEAM SHELBY FORUM

28th Annual Roundup Mustang and Ford Show

oilbleak

Is anyone planning on going to the show on August 2nd hosted by the Mustang Owner's Club of Austin, TX (Torquewrench1807 - I'm looking in your direction)? I'm thinking about driving up from Houston the night before if anyone is interested in having a 3 hour cruise. Details about the show can be found at www.mocatx.com. Registration before July 28th is $20 and afterwards it's $30.

Matt

Is anyone planning on going to the show on August 2nd hosted by the Mustang Owner's Club of Austin, TX (Torquewrench1807 - I'm looking in your direction)? I'm thinking about driving up from Houston the night before if anyone is interested in having a 3 hour cruise. Details about the show can be found at www.mocatx.com. Registration before July 28th is $20 and afterwards it's $30.

Matt

Matt,

I'll be there. Last year I missed the car show at Great Hills Baptist Church because I was traveling to dealer lots in central Texas looking at 07 SGT's. The show is in a really nice area in North Austin called the Arboretum.

As I mentioned at the track in College Station, I moved from my apartment on Jollyville road, within walking distance of the church, to an apartment with a garage. The move was necessary because someone tried to remove my lock and steal my SGT on a Friday at 3:30 AM. Last week the news announced that a prostitution ring was busted while operating from Canyon Creek Apartments. Guess Austin wants to be more like Vegas.

Mike

post-9205-1215045672.jpg

post-9205-1215045687.jpg

post-9205-1215046094.jpg

post-9205-1215046288.jpg

post-9205-1215045672.jpg

post-9205-1215045687.jpg

post-9205-1215046094.jpg

post-9205-1215046288.jpg

Matt,

I'll be there. Last year I missed the car show at Great Hills Baptist Church because I was traveling to dealer lots in central Texas looking at 07 SGT's. The show is in a really nice area in North Austin called the Arboretum.

As I mentioned at the track in College Station, I moved from my apartment on Jollyville road, within walking distance of the church, to an apartment with a garage. The move was necessary because someone tried to remove my lock and steal my SGT on a Friday at 3:30 AM. Last week the news announced that a prostitution ring was busted while operating from Canyon Creek Apartments. Guess Austin wants to be more like Vegas.

Mike

Mike,

Sorry to hear about your car but I'm looking forward to seeing you again at the show.

Matt

post-9205-1215046094.jpg

post-9205-1215046288.jpg

Sorry to hear about the misadventure Mike. From the picture above, I should be able to recognize you at Terlingua as long as you are also holding that camera. :hysterical:

Does the second picture above show the prostitutes? If so, they have a long way to go to get Vegas standards :fool:

Tony

Matt

I'm attending, already a member of MOCA and living in Austin :happy feet:

Now if I could just find the address to send the entry fee off to......

2008EntryForm_1_.pdf

I'm attending, already a member of MOCA and living in Austin :happy feet:

Now if I could just find the address to send the entry fee off to......

SuperSnake,

Looking forward to seeing the Terlingua mobile at the show.

Send the entry form to:

MOCA

c/o Patti Pulis

250 Crystal Meadow Dr.

Kyle, TX 78640

2008EntryForm_1_.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

There were four SGTs that made it to the show and more than a few GT500s. We were all in a class for Shelbys, Saleens, Cobras [sVT], and McLaurens - not sure why Roush cars weren't in that class. I don't think I saw any McLaurens but there was at least one Saleen and there were a bunch of Cobras. All four SGTs went home with class awards and the class winner was the vert GT500 40th anniversary. I was the last of the four SGTs they annouced a class award for and I was going to be pissed if they gave the awards to the other three and I didn't get one. All in all it was a great show and it speaks highly of the SGT for the judges to select all four for awards in a class with a lot of REALLY nice cars.

Matt

Rick, Mike it was really nice meeting you all! You guys have beautiful rides and I loved checking them all out. Good showing for the Shelbys! It was damn hot, but so worth it!

That was a certified sweat fest. It was good to meet and visit with you, please post a picture of your blue 40th Anniversary Shelby GT500 convertible that placed 'Best in Class.'

post-9205-1217898442.jpg

post-9205-1217898474.jpg

post-9205-1217898528.jpg

Archived