TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A visit to Romeo engine plant

sharabi

I have been trying to go to the plant and meet the guys who put my shelby's engine together. It was difficult thing to achieve because of my busy schedule and the necessity of having that visit pre_arranged through the security personnel. Well today i was lucky and i could get an appointment at 3:30 pm to meet with the guys and luckily i had the shelby with me and i did not have patients in our Romeo urgent care so here i am in my car and up to Romeo plant...I did not expect it to happen today so i stopped by Rite Aid to get a disposable digital camera so forgive me for the quality of the photos. then at the security gate i was allowed to go with this pleasant lady Jennifer (thx a lot for your warm welcoming) and i was to the plant where the engines are built...I got inside and looked briefly but i did not have time to do a full tour since i have to be back in case patients showed up in the office so we gathered out side around the car and the guys,..Vito and Bob with other workers where allover the car and we chatted a little bit and took photos and they signed my shelby manual....

this experience is engraved in my memory and i will keep it with me till the end of the journey.

Thx Vito, Bob (Robert), Jennifer, John....and every one there...

Thx Mr Shelby i truly wish you very long prosperous life for the joy you gave us with this great car.

Thx FORD for being there always...I will pray that you will over come this economy storm and you will be there forever.

Please excuse the quality of photos since as i mentioned above i did not have my digital cam with me and i got the one time use one.

Vito on my right side, Bob (Robert), on my left side...and lucky me in the middle.

photo004.jpg

photo005.jpg

Vito to the left of the car and Bob to the right of it...

photo007.jpg

Their autograph on the manual, and they used my back to put the manual on it to sign it :hysterical: ....

photo012.jpg

the plate on the engine....

GT500029.jpg

What amazes me is that i never seen them before, i may not see them again...but i felt like so close to them, and is if i known them years ago....I think the reason could be that they have a lot of pride in putting this thing together.

Where do you get the tickets from...i googled our website but could not get to the right place..even the ad. banner did not have details on how to pay, time table and how much.

Tickets go up for sale on the 10th late afternoon. You will be able to buy them through the RSVP system.

Sharon

• 1 month later...
I have been trying to go to the plant and meet the guys who put my shelby's engine together. It was difficult thing to achieve because of my busy schedule and the necessity of having that visit pre_arranged through the security personnel. Well today i was lucky and i could get an appointment at 3:30 pm to meet with the guys and luckily i had the shelby with me and i did not have patients in our Romeo urgent care so here i am in my car and up to Romeo plant...I did not expect it to happen today so i stopped by Rite Aid to get a disposable digital camera so forgive me for the quality of the photos. then at the security gate i was allowed to go with this pleasant lady Jennifer (thx a lot for your warm welcoming) and i was to the plant where the engines are built...I got inside and looked briefly but i did not have time to do a full tour since i have to be back in case patients showed up in the office so we gathered out side around the car and the guys,..Vito and Bob with other workers where allover the car and we chatted a little bit and took photos and they signed my shelby manual....

this experience is engraved in my memory and i will keep it with me till the end of the journey.

Thx Vito, Bob (Robert), Jennifer, John....and every one there...

Thx Mr Shelby i truly wish you very long prosperous life for the joy you gave us with this great car.

Thx FORD for being there always...I will pray that you will over come this economy storm and you will be there forever.

Please excuse the quality of photos since as i mentioned above i did not have my digital cam with me and i got the one time use one.

Vito on my right side, Bob (Robert), on my left side...and lucky me in the middle.

photo004.jpg

photo005.jpg

Vito to the left of the car and Bob to the right of it...

photo007.jpg

Their autograph on the manual, and they used my back to put the manual on it to sign it :hysterical: ....

photo012.jpg

the plate on the engine....

GT500029.jpg

Very cool post and the photos aren't bad at all. That's just a little something extra for you and your Shelby to bond over. I like you keep everything that has to do with my Shelby and have a nice binder to put it all in to look at from time to time.

Archived