TEAM SHELBY FORUM

what is GLHS

bruces

Just was on SGT forum ref SGT and I stated that my 87 GLHS is just as good with more mods than SGT AND the reply was what is GLHS and these people consider themselves Shelby experts. I have owned my GLHS since new and when we ran with SAAC at Road America we were not invited back because the cars were not real Shelby? or was it we kicked there butts with a small 4 banger. Just thought youd like to know this info from other forum Bruce

Just was on SGT forum ref SGT and I stated that my 87 GLHS is just as good with more mods than SGT AND the reply was what is GLHS and these people consider themselves Shelby experts. I have owned my GLHS since new and when we ran with SAAC at Road America we were not invited back because the cars were not real Shelby? or was it we kicked there butts with a small 4 banger. Just thought youd like to know this info from other forum Bruce

SAAC considered '65-'67 Shelby's "real Shelby's". Some if not all '68-'70 Shelby Mustang's were 3rd party built. So, initially SAAC did incorporate the Dodge Shelby's but eventually spun the group off to form SDAC. SAAC then went back to a club just for the original line up of cars consisting of '65-'70. They didn't include the Series 1 either since it was GM. There are others on this site that never new of his work with Olds on the Series 1, the car they built first at the Vegas factory. There's also the Sunbeam Tiger from the 60's, even less know he had a project with Toyota... Team Shelby puts all the cars together.

Here's a couple videos of the '87 GLHS

Archived