TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Some basic info, please?

thewheelman

I am considering a new Shelby GT convertible vs a regular Mustang GT convertible. I understand that the Ford "power pack" I see on Ford Racing Parts is standard on the Shelby's. My question is this, does the Shelby come with the electronic "tuner" that is included in the power pack kit? Do the Shelby's require premium fuel? What is the rear gear ratio? I think I've read that Shelby changes the rear gear for manuals but not automatics? Do all Shelby's have the hid headlights?

Thanks in advance!

Hal

I am considering a new Shelby GT convertible vs a regular Mustang GT convertible. I understand that the Ford "power pack" I see on Ford Racing Parts is standard on the Shelby's. My question is this, does the Shelby come with the electronic "tuner" that is included in the power pack kit? Do the Shelby's require premium fuel? What is the rear gear ratio? I think I've read that Shelby changes the rear gear for manuals but not automatics? Do all Shelby's have the hid headlights?

Thanks in advance!

Hal

You do not get the Hand Held Unit (the Turner). That way it keeps you from messing with the Tune and screwing it all up which I am sure could void the Warranty. I am not sure about the Premium Fuel but either way, I am sure that it is recomended. I think the Rear Gears are 3:73.

David.

Thanks in advance!

Hal

Hey there,

Unfortunatly you dont get the "tuner". Its not much of a tuner (not compared to say an X-Cal or Diablo) - its a single tune to replace your OEM tune. Wouldnt do much good to have it unless you had all of the OEM equipment to put back on the car (which you dont get either).

Dont remember what the gears are, I THINK they are 3.73's - others will chime in on this for sure :)

Page

The Ford Racing Power pack requires at least 91 octane gas. You can use a lower octane, but it'll void your warranty. That's Ford Racing's policy, not Shelby's (though SAI probably supports it). The gears are 3.55 - the new Bullets' have the 3.73 gears and you can buy different gears from Shelby Performance Parts if you don't like the 3.55. The thing to remember is that the Shelby GT is balanced for a road course and the 3.55s work the best for a lot of people.

Matt

To me the biggest difference between the GT and the SGT is the suspension.

I agree..!! I had an 06 GT and I did not like the way it handled, just seemed too loose for my liking. I love the ride you get with the Shelby, although some passengers say it's just too stiff, but thats the way I like it.

:)

Archived