TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any one build model cars

rnoggle

Revell Models GT-H

This 1/25 scale kit of the GT-H is going to be released sometime in July. Appears to be pretty accurate.

It shouldn't be too hard to convert it into an SGT

I sure do!!!!! I have a "few" built kits and a "few" hundred unbuilt in my collection. And this one will definately go into my collection!!!!

As for converting it into a convertible----trust me, its a lot harder than it looks. (ooops, thought you said GTH-vert--my bad)

Converting it into a SGT with that hood would not be too bad, but you would have to make the decals for the sides and top.

And if you guys can wait a little bit, wait till you see what I have up my sleeves. All I can say is, "they" will be only ONE OF ONES!!!!!

Bud

I sure do!!!!! I have a "few" built kits and a "few" hundred unbuilt in my collection. And this one will definately go into my collection!!!!

As for converting it into a convertible----trust me, its a lot harder than it looks. (ooops, thought you said GTH-vert--my bad)

Converting it into a SGT with that hood would not be too bad, but you would have to make the decals for the sides and top.

And if you guys can wait a little bit, wait till you see what I have up my sleeves. All I can say is, "they" will be only ONE OF ONES!!!!!

Bud

I know this is a passion of yours Bud. But please don't tell Adam. He will want #1 of 1. :hysterical::hysterical:

Bud

BUD-

MY QUESTION IS RAZOR WHEELS FOR DIECAST OR MODEL KITS ANY CLUE OF WHAT TO DO HERE? IS ANY OF THE NEW SHELBY COLLECTIABLES GOING TO HAVE RAZORS? (TERLINGUA MAYBE)

SHELBYGUY

Hmmm, CS-6. I'll have to bash it together out of a few different kits. The grill will have to come off something else. I'll need a rear spoiler from a GT. The side stripe will have to be custom but I may be able to make a mask in PowerPoint. The top stripes will have to be painted in silver. Will have to repaint the interior in light grey and pull the shifter out of the GT kit (to replace the auto). At least the hood and Shelby lettering is correct. But I can definitely see possibilities.

Revell Models GT-H

This 1/25 scale kit of the GT-H is going to be released sometime in July. Appears to be pretty accurate.

It shouldn't be too hard to convert it into an SGT

Less time and hassle to just go buy the 1:18 diecast version

Less time and hassle to just go buy the 1:18 diecast version

I already have the diecast version. But I have a collection of around 60 built 1/25 scale kits and untold number of unbuilts. This will fit in nicely with my collection.

And Revell also has a stock 2006 Mustang GT for anyone that might need the parts. The stock Mustang hood would work for the SGT. Just need the scratch build the scoop. And someone mentioned the GT spoiler, which is also in that kit.

I am mainly an R/C Ship guy but I do want to do an SGT model. I have found a 1/32 scale slot car by Carerra 2007 California Special. I would only need to add the hood scoop side scoops and stripes, and she will be running on my sons track. I am also looking at modifying a 1/10 scale polycarbonate 06 GT body to mount on a Tamiya chassis. Add a brushless motor and I will have a 70 MPH R/C SGT!

I love models of all types and diecast, but, I crave the action of operational models.

I would love to see some pics of what y'all come up with, to give me some inspiration...

All take all the die-cast and build models I can get of our cars.

But a reminder, as a white owner, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop using the SGT prototype car!

I will pay a professional photographer to shoot my car for you as a reference going forward ANYTHING to stop the insanity!

BTW: What would really be cool is a model that had the three possible Ford rear deck scoops, the two hoods, and lower grill/driving lights so we could truly make the model our own.

BTW: What would really be cool is a model that had the three possible Ford rear deck scoops, the two hoods, and lower grill/driving lights so we could truly make the model our own.

I agree that they should make the models a little more customizable. They have offered this on several other of the older model mustangs where they did 2 in 1's for stock/modified. They could do similar things here. I've put together a few really nice models in my days. They're not completely perfect, but they are extremely nice. I even usually put some additions on them. The last model I built was a grabber blue Boss 429 with custom spark plug wires that were even in the proper firing order on the distributor! It took me several hours over several evenings to wire up the engine because I had to wait for wires to dry before installing more wires. It looks sharp though and was well worth the time.

• 2 months later...

Besides being a huge Shelby fan, I have been an avid HO scale model railroader for over 35 years. I actually have more $$ invested in my railroad empire than I do in my '07 SGT so far. Hence my screen name.

I work on my railroad when the winter sets in and I can't take my car out. I also like to build super detailed 1/25th scale plastic car kits. I just picked up one Revelle 2006 SGT-H and two Revelle 2007 GT 500 1/25th scale kits. I am planning on trying to do some cross kitting and come up with a reasonable 2007 SGT.

There are several companies that make resin parts to super detail plastic kits. I saw where somebody makes an AC Cobra type hood scoop. You could add this to a Revelle 2006 Mustang GT hood in place of the GT-H hood. The 1966 GT-350 kit can supply rear fender scoops. You can fill in the rear spoiler holes with Green Stuff and sand them smooth for the spoiler delete.

There are several companies that make software to design and print your own waterslide decals on your home PC. I don't know about copyright issues but I imagine you could scan the GT-H decal stripes, convert the gold color to silver and print a set. These wouldn't be 100% accurate, like for the PBF front fender badge.

When I get this project going this winter, I'll post some pix. But for now the sun is still shining..................more real Shelby time ahead.

Archived