TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Litttle AJ's Shelby Project

ShelbyGT/SC

So my 5 year old son AJ, Adam Jr, asked me about a week ago to work with him on a project. I am a very handy person. I have built lots of things including a cottage, back massage machine, finished basements, ornate furniture and other.

So out to the workshop we went. On the way, I ask him what he had in mind. He said, he wanted to build a Shelby out of wood. So together we drew a Shelby on a board and cut it out on the jigsaw. Next, we cut another larger backing board which he proceeded to paint all white. Next he painted some trees, a road, sky, clouds, sun, grass and flowers. Then he painted the Shelby black and I painted some of the silver lines. He did the rookie stripes and a few other items and then glued the Shelby to the backing board.

Here is the final product. His mother and I are very proud of him. It is on his bedroom wall. Now he wants to make more so he can sell them at a yard sale. Already the businessman.

IMG_3006.jpg

Kids are the greatest. Thanks for sharing, Adam. I picked up my nephews from school in a 2007 GT-H convertible last year and took them for a ride around town. Some time later my brother sends me pictures of their Boy Scouts Pinewood Derby. Son of a gun if one of the cars was not a Shelby Mustang, stripes and all. :)

post-20824-1214989771.jpg

post-20824-1214989824.jpg

post-20824-1214989771.jpg

post-20824-1214989824.jpg

Thanks for the kind words all. When I get home tonight I will show him what you all said. He will be pumped.

1977 that's a great story too. Indy that's correct. My 2 year old daughter is already a car guy too.

Roger thank you. Say, what's with the spider logo? Can't quite tell from the blackberry.

Sherri, thank you. And thank you for you and your family for your service and sacrifices as well as my and my family's freedom. Love that statement you have at the bottom of your signature.

Michael, thank you. Looking forward to Tasca.

Michael, thank you. Looking forward to Tasca. LOL

Here is the final product. His mother and I are very proud of him. It is on his bedroom wall. Now he wants to make more so he can sell them at a yard sale. Already the businessman.

IMG_3006.jpg

Here is a Thought................................ Team Shelby Members can send him a Photo of thier Car and for a Fee, He can Paint it, Sign & Date It, and Send a Portion of the Profits to the Carroll Shelby Childrens Foundation.

David.

Sherri, thank you. And thank you for you and your family for your service and sacrifices as well as my and my family's freedom. Love that statement you have at the bottom of your signature.

Your welcome Adam. I will pass this on to my son, this will raise his spirits :)

• 2 weeks later...
Adam, the spider logo is due to all of the "ribbing" and "Spider Man" jokes I have been getting from all of my "FRIENDS" nudge, nudge!!!!! It's better than wearing that silly costume! :lol::lol:

Maybe not Roger---you could buy the black Spiderman costume and wear it while driving the SGT-I'm sure you'd get even more looks that way!!!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Thanks Michael. AJ and I are outside hanging out on the deck just talking about the nice weekend we had camping. I read your post to him and he said thank you as I do. I am very proud of this little guy.

Larry good to see you on the boards again. Hope all is well.

Adam and AJ.

IMG_3006.jpg

So besides the obvious talent, it's clear that AJ is already quite the driver. There's at least 4 things that show he's smarter than your average bear:

- you drive on the right side of the road;

- rubber side down;

- drive your shelby when the sun is shining;

- and last but not least, the twisties are more fun than straightaways! :happy feet:

Archived