TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Torque Specs

Got a nice surprise delivered today :happy feet: . My shock tower brace arrived! I'm rather shocked :hysterical:Get it, a little joke. Less than 2 weeks from the time I ordered. Also received the billet pedals. :yahoo:

But I need torque specs for the bolts. Can anyone help me out? Roger? Ron? My memory says 17lbs. But I am getting old and my memory fails me now and then.

My papers say Ford torque specs:

Upper strut nuts: stock

Ford spec: 26 lb-ft.

Thanks Rick, You the man. I guess you have a little experience with these shock tower braces. LOL I wish they would put instructions with it. Now I got to figure out how to get the pedals on :banghead: without destrying the originals.

Pedals?, try this, hope it help

http://www.americanmuscle.com/bu.html

Rick,

Thanks, those instructions don't work on ours though. Got the brake and clutch pedal to peel off, can't use the rubber boot, now I have to drill 3 holes to attach new. Don't have time tonight to do gas pedal, will definitely unbolt it. The quality of the parts really is good.

Grabber needs to make a "How-to" video on this. :hysterical:

Here's a pic of the brace. Looks awesome. First one has a lot of bling, need your sunglasses.

post-7426-1214959177.jpg

post-7426-1214959186.jpg

post-7426-1214959197.jpg

post-7426-1214959177.jpg

post-7426-1214959186.jpg

post-7426-1214959197.jpg

I suspect those instructions will work for the brake and clutch jus the same, although accelerator is different as these are up to 2004 model.

Which pedals did you guys order, I am after some for my CS?

Please post pics and installation hints.

Looks great Dave. Got to send me some pics of the pedals. Did you get the matching dead pedal also?

Pedals are in. What a hassle, but they really look good. Gas pedal needs to be unbolted from firewall, 3- 10mm nuts. Original gas pedal is attached with double stick tape. The new gas pedal has 2 small clamps that attach on the backside, top and bottom to gas pedal bracket. The top of the arm needs to be notched with Dremmel tool, to allow bracket to fit correctly. The gas pedal is attached with miniature screws and nuts, one in each corner. I left the clutch and brake assembly on car, peeled off existing pads, used new pedals and marked 3 holes and drilled in place. Would recommend a right angle drill. After I marked where the holes need to be, removed pedal and drilled holes 1/32 larger, so the screws would not bind. After holes were drilled, put new pedal on, assembled with 3 screws, washers and nuts. This is not a difficult job, but it was time consuming and very uncomfortable. Sorry if my instructions aren't that clear, but they're better instructions that you'll get with the new pedals(you don't get any).

post-7426-1215406087.jpg

The matching dead pedal is not available until August.

So Saturday tried the new pedals @Pacific International Raceway. They had the 20th annual vintage races and got to drive around the 2 1/2 mile track, 2 laps. Pretty cool, even though top speed was only 80mph. They severely restricted us. Seen some Shelby GT350's that were incredibly fast. One went a little too fast, crashed big time. They immediately covered the car and didn't allow any pics, but there is one in the phtoshow. The driver was fine, just a hurt ego. Had a great time, saw some multi million dollar race cars. Saw my first Mercedes McClaron up close, WOW. Check out the Photoshow.

http://www.photoshow.com/watch/Pc7Ne2Gv

post-7426-1215406087.jpg

Archived