TEAM SHELBY FORUM

09 production date?

Anyone have any idea when the 09 kr (michigan gt500's) will start production(SD)? Have any dealer's been given any idea when they will be able to take orders?

Sort of confusing post, but if you are asking if the 09's are being built, yes they are, and already hitting lots.

Sort of confusing post, but if you are asking if the 09's are being built, yes they are, and already hitting lots.

Sorry, for it being confusing..............what I am interested in is when the 09 Kr's will begin production and I know that the first step has to be the 09 gt500's.

Sorry, for it being confusing..............what I am interested in is when the 09 Kr's will begin production and I know that the first step has to be the 09 gt500's.

Now that is agood question. With the back log of 08's, not sure how long before an 09 pumps out. Good luck.

i believe it will be a while before they start the 09's since they are just ramping up on the 08 KR'S

If 2009's follow the same long and bumpy road the 2008's did, it'll be 2010-11.

If they have the 08's done by then.

:hysterical:

If 2009's follow the same long and bumpy road the 2008's did, it'll be 2010-11.

I'm really wondering if they won't bite the bullet at some point and re-badge later production KR's as 2009's. With '09 Mustangs "hitting the lots" already, it makes it less and less likely that the $80k+ KR is going to be snapped up. True, they wouldn't be "40th Anniversary" cars, but does it make much difference to Ford if they build 1000 '08s and 500 09's, or 500 08's and 1000 09's?

There is precedent for this of course - '70 GT500s are all re-badged '69 GT500s...

Chris (KR still in "arrived at Shelby Automobiles" limbo...)

I'm really wondering if they won't bite the bullet at some point and re-badge later production KR's as 2009's. With '09 Mustangs "hitting the lots" already, it makes it less and less likely that the $80k+ KR is going to be snapped up. True, they wouldn't be "40th Anniversary" cars, but does it make much difference to Ford if they build 1000 '08s and 500 09's, or 500 08's and 1000 09's?

There is precedent for this of course - '70 GT500s are all re-badged '69 GT500s...

Chris (KR still in "arrived at Shelby Automobiles" limbo...)

Get used to it, buy a lazy boy and relax, it will take a while as they don't seem to be in much of a hurry to capitolize on an $80,000 Mustang and build them before the interest wears off, oh it already has, sorry.

Archived