TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quality control

Would a customer survey card or website link from SAI help?

This way each owner can make comments or suggestions about the car, parts or pieces that make up the package, and they can get their point across in more of a professional maner &/or still be able to vent if needed at the end of the survey?

Each item or area could have a 1 to 10 ranking (10 being the best) & then also have a section on how you were treated by the dealer & what kind of dealer service they gave you? All this info could then go back to SAI instead of being posted on the forum board & veiwed as negative shelby bashing?

This way SGT, 40th & SS owners can feel that they are part of the team in helping identify problems or concerns they have thus allowing SAI to give real feedback to the manufactures & assembly teams so they know what to look for based on current feedback.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would a customer survey card or website link from SAI help?

This way each owner can make comments or suggestions about the car, parts or pieces that make up the package, and they can get their point across in more of a professional maner &/or still be able to vent if needed at the end of the survey?

Each item or area could have a 1 to 10 ranking (10 being the best) & then also have a section on how you were treated by the dealer & what kind of dealer service they gave you? All this info could then go back to SAI instead of being posted on the forum board & veiwed as negative shelby bashing?

This way SGT, 40th & SS owners can feel that they are part of the team in helping identify problems or concerns they have thus allowing SAI to give real feedback to the manufactures & assembly teams so they know what to look for based on current feedback.

Survey's are fine and can help you identify a problem but in this case we already know there are problems so what will be survey tell us? Worse what will customer's believe the survey is going to do for them? If you put out a survey you better be ready to follow-up then we get back to my post above. The only true legal response, at least in our business, can be, "contact your dealer and file a claim". The "open ended" question where the person can type what ever comments they like, often at the end of the survey, are often the most valuable. But these surveys, again, are typically used to verify or validate assumptions and then provide you data that you use with other sources to change future design, direction, processes, etc. Anything else and you're setting up another warranty claim avenue that "some" customers will have access to that opens you up to lawsuits and violation of the commercial code, etc, etc, etc.

Historically car manufacturers use warranty repair rates as a substitute for a survey on the quality or reliability of the car. That is a bottom line measure. They do use surveys to ask about dealer service level, overall satisfaction etc., but again it's not for purposes or an alternate dispute resolution for issues covered under warranty. If you complain about issues with the car you'll be directed to bring it in for repair under the warranty. using the actual warranty costs, frequency and incidents per 1000 units etc., this is how things are changed. Warranty repairs eats into profit of each car and they want these fixed ASAP to reduce future exposure. This is why I was so adamant about filing claims for this stuff. You can post here, you can respond to surveys, but only when something hits the bottom line (cha ching) will things change in most instances.

In this case I think we've been fortunate that SAI has tried so many designs and such while so many wait and don't file a claim. I'm hopeful that the scoops and things like the SS headrests, are dealt with to everyone's satisfaction. I'm waiting and I have faith my wait will be rewarded.

Even with my scoop issues I won second place last weekend in an event open to all cars with full-on judging! Until I hear something I'm enjoying the car.

Oh, BTW! One of the cars was a Rouch (sp?) and I could see daylight under his scoop to almost 3" back from the front where it was lifting up. Made me smile! ;)

"Even with my scoop issues I won second place last weekend in an event open to all cars with full-on judging! Until I hear something I'm enjoying the car. "

Congrats on the second place Jeff. But I was under the impression that you had no scoop issues anymore. I thought your last fix was pretty much perfect. What's the latest?

Jim

Even with my scoop issues I won second place last weekend in an event open to all cars with full-on judging! Until I hear something I'm enjoying the car.

Oh, BTW! One of the cars was a Rouch (sp?) and I could see daylight under his scoop to almost 3" back from the front where it was lifting up. Made me smile! ;)

No offence intended but the reality of cars shows is that unless you are being judged against a point system based published set of standards any other kind of "awarded" event is fully subjective and doesn't mean anything.

Everyone who competes in both kinds of shows understands this difference to be a fact, including the judges of both kinds of events. So the fact you won with a "problematic" hood scoop probably means nothing if the show you were in wasn't against a points-based set of published standards.

"Even with my scoop issues I won second place last weekend in an event open to all cars with full-on judging! Until I hear something I'm enjoying the car. "

Congrats on the second place Jeff. But I was under the impression that you had no scoop issues anymore. I thought your last fix was pretty much perfect. What's the latest?

Jim

Hey Jim!

I have two rivets that have begun to dig into the plastic of the scoop, I suspect, due to hot/cold contraction. I also have a small stripe wrinkle now that has developed over the summer, again I suspect hot/cold contraction, in the upper corner. None of these seem to be noticeable by anyone but me, so I am glad to hear that SAI is doing a lot of environmental testing this time. The scoop was pretty much perfect until the 90 degree summer heat hit it. So I wait now for scoop #5!

No offence intended but the reality of cars shows is that unless you are being judged against a point system based published set of standards any other kind of "awarded" event is fully subjective and doesn't mean anything.

Everyone who competes in both kinds of shows understands this difference to be a fact, including the judges of both kinds of events. So the fact you won with a "problematic" hood scoop probably means nothing if the show you were in wasn't against a points-based set of published standards.

Most local car shows are for fun and enjoyment especially when you get into classes with cars as new as ours. In this case the judges did have forms with specific items and points. They crawled under the car, opened the trunk, sat in the car and looked over the interior, checked things worked, etc, No idea if that satisfies your definition of an award that means something but I was happy and proud to get it. Maybe these awards don't mean anything to you but to some of us they do.

From the many posts on this subject and other's on different issues, it appears that some, are Not Having a 'good time', with the High Performance ' side of your Automobile experience. I'm old enough to remember when, anything Custom, High Performance, "Ricky Racer" Custom, type of Car type 'Stuff" did not come with any warranty, and even so, we were as happy as 'Ducks in water' to get the 'Go Fast Tricked out stuff", anyway.

I believe, that All of the people, that work at or for Shelby are committed to their craft. Just like in the 60's, Shelby, is 'pushing' the limits of speed, design and performance, each and every day. The process is ever evolving, trying for the BEST. That's how, design is achieved, great cars are produced, races are won and how Shelby Legends are created. We are all involved with Shelby Cars, that's why we are here on this website, We all, share the joy of speed and performance, that is created by Shelby Automobiles. My opinion; on issues of Hood scoops and others; "Kick back, have a cold glass of ice water, and have FUN". It will be OK, things can be fixed, and in the process maybe improved. How cool is that. Life is not a perfect journey, but in any SHELBY, It's a great ride !!!! :shift:

From the many posts on this subject and other's on different issues, it appears that some, are Not Having a 'good time', with the High Performance ' side of your Automobile experience. I'm old enough to remember when, anything Custom, High Performance, "Ricky Racer" Custom, type of Car type 'Stuff" did not come with any warranty, and even so, we were as happy as 'Ducks in water' to get the 'Go Fast Tricked out stuff", anyway.

I believe, that All of the people, that work at or for Shelby are committed to their craft. Just like in the 60's, Shelby, is 'pushing' the limits of speed, design and performance, each and every day. The process is ever evolving, trying for the BEST. That's how, design is achieved, great cars are produced, races are won and how Shelby Legends are created. We are all involved with Shelby Cars, that's why we are here on this website, We all, share the joy of speed and performance, that is created by Shelby Automobiles. My opinion; on issues of Hood scoops and others; "Kick back, have a cold glass of ice water, and have FUN". It will be OK, things can be fixed, and in the process maybe improved. How cool is that. Life is not a perfect journey, but in any SHELBY, It's a great ride !!!! :shift:

Good points! On balance though there are some things that need to be addressed and I believe SAI is committed to doing that. I have heard the stories of the "old days" and how often a well restored car actually looks better than the car did when new! But that was then and this is now and today I think, especially at these prices, people are less forgiving of some of the more "in your face" things.

JUST my opinion!

Good points! On balance though there are some things that need to be addressed and I believe SAI is committed to doing that. I have heard the stories of the "old days" and how often a well restored car actually looks better than the car did when new! But that was then and this is now and today I think, especially at these prices, people are less forgiving of some of the more "in your face" things.

JUST my opinion!

Welllll......... It's 'Life Choice' Time..........

Would I, rather.................

:banghead: or :shift:

:cry: or :shift:

:finger: or :shift:

Answer..............

:hysterical::shift: :happy feet: :shift::hysterical::shift::lurk::shift:

But mostly Jeff, I would rather :shift: because driving one of our Shelby's is the best !!

Scoop, NO scoop, In fact NO hood, who the hell cares, It's a Shelby. Get In, Buckle UP, Hold On and

Drive Baby, Baby DRIVE !!

I believe, that All of the people, that work at or for Shelby are committed to their craft. Just like in the 60's, Shelby, is 'pushing' the limits of speed, design and performance, each and every day. The process is ever evolving, trying for the BEST. That's how, design is achieved, great cars are produced, races are won and how Shelby Legends are created. We are all involved with Shelby Cars, that's why we are here on this website, We all, share the joy of speed and performance, that is created by Shelby Automobiles. My opinion; on issues of Hood scoops and others; "Kick back, have a cold glass of ice water, and have FUN". It will be OK, things can be fixed, and in the process maybe improved. How cool is that. Life is not a perfect journey, but in any SHELBY, It's a great ride !!!!

Welllll......... It's 'Life Choice' Time..........

Would I, rather.................

:banghead: or :shift:

:cry: or :shift:

:finger: or :shift:

Answer..............

:hysterical::shift: :happy feet: :shift::hysterical::shift::lurk::shift:

But mostly Jeff, I would rather :shift: because driving one of our Shelby's is the best !!

Scoop, NO scoop, In fact NO hood, who the hell cares, It's a Shelby. Get In, Buckle UP, Hold On and

Drive Baby, Baby DRIVE !!

Turn, no one said they wrent driving their cars correct??????? I drive mine every chance I can and love it. But I still have a huge gap between my scoop and hood. I am not screaming and yelling about it but am just trying to wait patiently for the fix. So I guess what i am saying is if those waiting for a fix can be patient and not complain and those who are tired of hearing those who are having issues can stop posting their 2 cents about those who are having issues, we can keep this to less than 500 threads and 20,000 responses. Sound fair enough?

Turn, no one said they wrent driving their cars correct??????? I drive mine every chance I can and love it. But I still have a huge gap between my scoop and hood. I am not screaming and yelling about it but am just trying to wait patiently for the fix. So I guess what i am saying is if those waiting for a fix can be patient and not complain and those who are tired of hearing those who are having issues can stop posting their 2 cents about those who are having issues, we can keep this to less than 500 threads and 20,000 responses. Sound fair enough?

Webba I;

:happy feet: :drool::drop: at the prospect of moving on to other subjects.

Turn

Survey's are fine and can help you identify a problem but in this case we already know there are problems so what will be survey tell us? Worse what will customer's believe the survey is going to do for them? If you put out a survey you better be ready to follow-up then we get back to my post above. The only true legal response, at least in our business, can be, "contact your dealer and file a claim". The "open ended" question where the person can type what ever comments they like, often at the end of the survey, are often the most valuable. But these surveys, again, are typically used to verify or validate assumptions and then provide you data that you use with other sources to change future design, direction, processes, etc. Anything else and you're setting up another warranty claim avenue that "some" customers will have access to that opens you up to lawsuits and violation of the commercial code, etc, etc, etc.

Historically car manufacturers use warranty repair rates as a substitute for a survey on the quality or reliability of the car. That is a bottom line measure. They do use surveys to ask about dealer service level, overall satisfaction etc., but again it's not for purposes or an alternate dispute resolution for issues covered under warranty. If you complain about issues with the car you'll be directed to bring it in for repair under the warranty. using the actual warranty costs, frequency and incidents per 1000 units etc., this is how things are changed. Warranty repairs eats into profit of each car and they want these fixed ASAP to reduce future exposure. This is why I was so adamant about filing claims for this stuff. You can post here, you can respond to surveys, but only when something hits the bottom line (cha ching) will things change in most instances.

In this case I think we've been fortunate that SAI has tried so many designs and such while so many wait and don't file a claim. I'm hopeful that the scoops and things like the SS headrests, are dealt with to everyone's satisfaction. I'm waiting and I have faith my wait will be rewarded.

Jeff we do know there is an issue , but I caution that we do not discuss parts issues and style changes as problems.

The SS headrests are not a quality issue per say, many might not like them, but they are what we have made and they are not falling apart, causing injury.

There are many threads on the scoops and stripes, we have said we have a team on this testing a few new things, we will not release them until they are tested and we know it will work. we know it has been a year, but it is there were many sccops and 3 suppliers of stripes, so it is taking longer. we appreciate those who have continued to post in a respectful manner.

This is a priority and we will get it done.

I am closing this, as the other thread is still open

Archived