TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stock 12.45 Vista Blue Coupe at Cayuga today

SVTpower

:bandance:

Bone Stock, since he's a contributor to the mag, they asked him to test this one. Here's the scoop..........

4075lbs with him in it, bone stock, Car # 0004 (u.s car I believe) , just over 1000 miles on her. Joe got two passes as soon as he pulled in. He was with the editor and they seemed to be in a rush. The track allowed him to back to back with no cool down. Best time 12.45 @ 111.?? The bad news..........something was def'ly wrong with this car. It had severe rear axle hop.............I was telling Joe after his first pass and he was also wondering knowing it had a SRA, he also told the editor the same thing to advise Ford as it was a loaner. Anyways, off they rushed to do a dyno run at his shop.

Had a good chat with him.........he's actually doing a tune and pulley this week on a customers car.

Enjoy

:bandance:

Bone Stock, since he's a contributor to the mag, they asked him to test this one. Here's the scoop..........

4075lbs with him in it, bone stock, Car # 0004 (u.s car I believe) , just over 1000 miles on her. Joe got two passes as soon as he pulled in. He was with the editor and they seemed to be in a rush. The track allowed him to back to back with no cool down. Best time 12.45 @ 111.?? The bad news..........something was def'ly wrong with this car. It had severe rear axle hop.............I was telling Joe after his first pass and he was also wondering knowing it had a SRA, he also told the editor the same thing to advise Ford as it was a loaner. Anyways, off they rushed to do a dyno run at his shop.

Had a good chat with him.........he's actually doing a tune and pulley this week on a customers car.

Enjoy

So where is Cayuga at? What is the elevation, what temp and humidity? The speed sounds a little slow.

So where is Cayuga at? What is the elevation, what temp and humidity? The speed sounds a little slow.

Cayuga is know at TMP - Toronto Motorsports Park.........an hour west of Toronto. Temp about 68 deg, elevation........no idea. MPH surprised me too..............he didn't launch too hard......actually slipping the clutch, got some wheelspin, a bit of wheelspin 1-2 shift, and a huge bark 2-3 shift. Good e/t though..........Joe was certain with a few more runs he would have improved but they were in a rush, and he knew something in the rear wasn't right..............car was swerving at the top end too which made him uncomfortable.............if any of you ever had Southside bars but didn't bother to weld them.............same feeling..............jello like.

Cayuga is know at TMP - Toronto Motorsports Park.........an hour west of Toronto. Temp about 68 deg, elevation........no idea. MPH surprised me too..............he didn't launch too hard......actually slipping the clutch, got some wheelspin, a bit of wheelspin 1-2 shift, and a huge bark 2-3 shift. Good e/t though..........Joe was certain with a few more runs he would have improved but they were in a rush, and he knew something in the rear wasn't right..............car was swerving at the top end too which made him uncomfortable.............if any of you ever had Southside bars but didn't bother to weld them.............same feeling..............jello like.

That sounds a little un-nerving, I about put my 98 Cobra sideways on the big end once. I wasn't in the groove as well as I thought and think there must have been a little sand or liquid on the track. Curious to find out if they broke something?

Thanks for the information :shift:

Joe called me on the way home as well as when it was on the dyno. He told me about the real bad wheelhop

I also saw the car at 7:30 this morning on my way to work. If I wasn't running a bit behind I would.ve stopped but didn't have time. It was blue/white stripe correct? Did you get any photos Lello?

Curious about this 'Wheel Hop'. Any more details? Whatever is being described, I definitely don't experience. Kaylan? Most definitely an Issue.

The only wheel hop I can relate to was on my 95' IRS Supercoupe and the Shelby Definitely doesn't feel like that :censored:

By the way, good meeting you at Burls' yesterday Paul. Finally found my ride at 6:30! Damn blisters!!

Joe called me on the way home as well as when it was on the dyno. He told me about the real bad wheelhop

I also saw the car at 7:30 this morning on my way to work. If I wasn't running a bit behind I would.ve stopped but didn't have time. It was blue/white stripe correct? Did you get any photos Lello?

:party: I did............check the duplicate post.................don't ask, don't know why..........for some reason I have difficulty posting photos on this site without duplicating the post. Maybe someone can attach them to this one being read?

Archived