TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fixed My Front End Noise Myself - SWEET!!!

I am so excited! I solved my front end noise myself. And yes....I want a medal!

Dealership said "all the GT500's do this". Well then, others might wat to try, if in fact theirs make front end noise.

To recap, my front end has made a noise on every little tar line / bump, etc... at speeds under 40mpg. Dealership said it was loud tires just transmitting thru the front end.

I pulled the strut brace off just to see how it might change. When I did, I noticed that one of the studs was touching the brace slot. The others were more centered, but one was actually making contact.

I drove the car without the brace, and it made different noises, mostly I think because it is definitly looser without it. But the noise was very different from what I had been experiencing.

I purchased some rubber grommets to isolate the studs from the brace slot, and some high density stuff like for the bottom of chairs to protect your floor for the metal to metal contact area under the brace to the strut tower.

I put it all back together, and the noise is gone! My car is the way it should be and I couldn't be more excited.

I can't believe that the little thing could make that much annoying noise and that the dealership gave me the brush off. The front end sounded like something was going to fall off, and now it is very quiet.

Thanks for the info I will also have to try this. My car does the same thing and is bone stock susp. It must be the one thing I hate the most about my car. I figured that was just how they all are, since I never see much posted about this. Makes me miss my 03 at times.

Thanks for the info I will also have to try this. My car does the same thing and is bone stock susp. It must be the one thing I hate the most about my car. I figured that was just how they all are, since I never see much posted about this. Makes me miss my 03 at times.

I posted several times but very few people seem to have it. I found it really hard to believe that my GT500 had a noiser suspension than my previous '02 GT.

Try removing the strut bar and see if the stud is hitting the bracket. I probably went overkill and could have just "relocated" the bar a bit, but I wanted to isolate everything to see what would happen.

I"ve got a noise from the front as well. mine is a clicking sound when I hit uneven pavement. Can only hear it when the windows are down and I'm going slow.

Same or different?

cheers

Drew

I tend to think different, as mine was most noticeable with top and windows up, but that was because the road noise would mask it when down. It was most noticable at slow speeds, under 40mph. What really drove me nuts was the 5mph tar lines that would sound like the whole front end was moving.

It could be the same however. Check the strut brace and see if the studs are riding on the bracket on at least one of them.

I posted several times but very few people seem to have it. I found it really hard to believe that my GT500 had a noiser suspension than my previous '02 GT.

Try removing the strut bar and see if the stud is hitting the bracket. I probably went overkill and could have just "relocated" the bar a bit, but I wanted to isolate everything to see what would happen.

I hear ya I thought the same thing about my 03 cobra. I will try it but the bar will not be on for long any ways, soon to be replaced by a KB. Just nice to hear others have the same issue and it is not just me hearing things. Drives me nuts hearing that noise.

Archived