TEAM SHELBY FORUM

matching color stripe

Hi all. I'm having some stripes put on my 2008 Vista Blue convertible by a graphics shop. They use 3M material to make the stripes, and when they wanted to know the color I couldn't tell them. Anyone know what 3M color corresponds to Tungsten? Thanks.

Good luck. I'm sure 3M has something close, but "Tungsten" is the color that is printed on them when manufactured. It isn't an "off the shelf" color, nor is it made by 3M.

Same with Satin Silver, Vista Blue, Performance White, etc.

I put Satin Silver on my Alloy Vert and love them... Can't wait to see a VB vert with them!

Hi all. I'm having some stripes put on my 2008 Vista Blue convertible by a graphics shop. They use 3M material to make the stripes, and when they wanted to know the color I couldn't tell them. Anyone know what 3M color corresponds to Tungsten? Thanks.

You can order the stripe kit from Ford and get the exact stripes you need and they come precut for each section.

yes, I priced the stripe kit and installation - $1400. I can get the same stripes put on by an experienced graphics shop that has templates to make the stripes for $450. A few on this forum have used the guy I will use and have been pleased. I just need a 3M color that is close to Ford Tungsten.

yes, I priced the stripe kit and installation - $1400. I can get the same stripes put on by an experienced graphics shop that has templates to make the stripes for $450. A few on this forum have used the guy I will use and have been pleased. I just need a 3M color that is close to Ford Tungsten.

What are body shops doing when they have to repair a GT500? What if they just need to replace a bumper for example, I can't believe they have to buy the whole stripe kit. Or what does a dealership do if there is a problem with just one stripe that has to be replaced under warrenty. I have seen quite a few posts on the different forums about replacement stripes and no one seems to be able to just go to a Ford dealership and get a partial replacement stripe. Doesn't make sense.

What are body shops doing when they have to repair a GT500? What if they just need to replace a bumper for example, I can't believe they have to buy the whole stripe kit. Or what does a dealership do if there is a problem with just one stripe that has to be replaced under warrenty. I have seen quite a few posts on the different forums about replacement stripes and no one seems to be able to just go to a Ford dealership and get a partial replacement stripe. Doesn't make sense.

My red coupe recieved front air dam damage in transit and I had to replace the 2 stripe sections on the air dam. Ford has the kit broken down per piece needed. I bought just the 2 pieces I needed. Wasn't that expensive either.

You can buy each section, but each section comes with both sides. If you just need the roof you can buy just the roof stripes which comes with both roof stripes.

My red coupe recieved front air dam damage in transit and I had to replace the 2 stripe sections on the air dam. Ford has the kit broken down per piece needed. I bought just the 2 pieces I needed. Wasn't that expensive either.

I imagine that is the least expensive section being the least amount of vinyl needed.

Archived