TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car Capsule for your car

ColdwaterHotrod

Here is the link to the different sizes, they also make one just for Harley's

http://www.carcapsule.com/CarCapsule_Ordering_Page.htm

mines the 20'x78"x68"

and kinda looks like this

post-768-1190339826_thumb.jpg

My bike is 8 feet long and 32 inches wide. I don't think that the bike will fit in there with the car too. When yours is inflated, maybe you could take a look and see what you think.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know they do, but Colwater had suggested that if I bought the longer Car unit, the 20 fotter, that perhaps I could put my bike and car in the same one.

OK, Now I understand.

Be extra careful having that heavy ass Harley so close to that Shelby scares me some. :cry:

Alan

Guest markham51
Check this out if you want to keep your car dust & critter free

http://www.carcapsule.com

I have these as well. I bought it so when someone opens the garage door in the winter, the temp stays unchanged in the KR etc reducing the potential for condensation in a heated garage. The other thing I like is that if you have a leak which is quite common in older cars, the oil etc never reaches the garage floor. Overall a great idea. Its especially good at protecting the paint job from admiring kids and rodents.

Since I bought one & grabber is now thinking about one I thought I would bring this thread back from the dead

Coldy where did you get it? Which one did you get? How much? I need the lowdown. I checked out the site and it was a little confusing.

It gets very damp in my garage in the winter, and this is just the ticket to protect the car from the moisture while in storage.

Thanks in advance for the info!

Coldy where did you get it? Which one did you get? How much? I need the lowdown. I checked out the site and it was a little confusing.

It gets very damp in my garage in the winter, and this is just the ticket to protect the car from the moisture while in storage.

here is the pricing page http://www.carcapsule.com/CarCapsule_Ordering_Page.htm

I got mine at a car show / swap meet/ Kruse International Auction labor day weekend in Auburn, Indiana.

I paid 379.00 for the 20 footer saved 20.00 bucks there & save on the shipping cost also since I could just put it in the back of the truck which saved me another 40.00. it works great & when the car is fresh out of the car wash the front & back rotors don't rust nearly as bad or as fast, it really does push out any moisture

here is the pricing page http://www.carcapsule.com/CarCapsule_Ordering_Page.htm

I got mine at a car show / swap meet/ Kruse International Auction labor day weekend in Auburn, Indiana.

I paid 379.00 for the 20 footer saved 20.00 bucks there & save on the shipping cost also since I could just put it in the back of the truck which saved me another 40.00. it works great & when the car is fresh out of the car wash the front & back rotors don't rust nearly as bad or as fast, it really does push out any moisture

Hi :cold: , I've heard great things about the car capsule and since I am naturally lazy I have realized that the "$300-something" is money well spent after spending hours detailing my car. I have seen them on E-bay for a fairly reasonable price. No dust, little rust, no humidity problems, no mice, no fly s**t and no floor stains and if the power goes out it will just deflate and become a traditional car cover. I'm going to pick one up at Carlisle next weekend. I measured my car and i'ts about 16 feet, did you get the 20 footer for extra space or was it required to fully clear the car?

Thanks!

Hi :cold: , I've heard great things about the car capsule and since I am naturally lazy I have realized that the "$300-something" is money well spent after spending hours detailing my car. I have seen them on E-bay for a fairly reasonable price. No dust, little rust, no humidity problems, no mice, no fly s**t and no floor stains and if the power goes out it will just deflate and become a traditional car cover. I'm going to pick one up at Carlisle next weekend. I measured my car and i'ts about 16 feet, did you get the 20 footer for extra space or was it required to fully clear the car?

Thanks!

I liked the idea of having 4' extra space in front of the car to protect something else for the extra $20 to go bigger :) or 2' extra on each end if I don't :yup:

I liked the idea of having 4' extra space in front of the car to protect something else for the extra $20 to go bigger :) or 2' extra on each end if I don't :yup:

Yup, makes sense to me. But when you order do you order the size based on the vehicle or is the size listed the actual dimensions of the capsule?, ie. 16 foot car needs a 16 foot capsule. Also, what would you say is the outside dimensions needed (space wise) in the garage?

Thanks!

Yup, makes sense to me. But when you order do you order the size based on the vehicle or is the size listed the actual dimensions of the capsule?, ie. 16 foot car needs a 16 foot capsule. Also, what would you say is the outside dimensions needed (space wise) in the garage?

Thanks!

SSSnake,

I just sent the manufacture an e-mail asking what the minimum size was for a GT500. I will let you know there response. Here is there e-mail address if you want to contact them. info@carcapsule.com

SSSnake,

I just sent the manufacture an e-mail asking what the minimum size was for a GT500. I will let you know there response. Here is there e-mail address if you want to contact them. info@carcapsule.com

Wow, thanks grabber I appreciate that! (I love this site).

Do they offer a styrofoam snow option? :happy feet: and some festive lighting? :hysterical:

I want mine to look like it's enjoying the snow without getting wet -- like a giant snow-globe!!! :hysterical2:

Seriously, tho -- don't forget to add Stabil (or other) quality gas additive stating "6 months" storage. Gas looses octane fairly quickly (I've read up to a few points in 6-8 weeks), so if you have a stage-II or KB, etc, this could be really important, especially since you want to keep the tank full so you don't get condensation in winter climates. Then go easy on her for that first tank in the spring, or that 93 octane tune might be getting a bit risky come spring until you can refill her with fresh 93-juice ... just a thought.

Hi kid, I just found analternative on E-bay, Item number: 260163202900 I'ts a self standing unit. (albeit a little pricey)

SSSnake,

Rob please post the response you get from them. The min. size is what I am interested in also.

Do they offer a styrofoam snow option? :happy feet: and some festive lighting? :hysterical:

I want mine to look like it's enjoying the snow without getting wet -- like a giant snow-globe!!! :hysterical2:

Seriously, tho -- don't forget to add Stabil (or other) quality gas additive stating "6 months" storage. Gas looses octane fairly quickly (I've read up to a few points in 6-8 weeks), so if you have a stage-II or KB, etc, this could be really important, especially since you want to keep the tank full so you don't get condensation in winter climates. Then go easy on her for that first tank in the spring, or that 93 octane tune might be getting a bit risky come spring until you can refill her with fresh 93-juice ... just a thought.

Dan,

You forgot our newer Mustangs & Shelby's have plastic saddle fuel tanks :doh: but I know what you meant & it was a good reminder tip for those of us approaching the winter months so we don't look like that schmuck on TV in his boat & how he didn't use Stabil fuel treatment in it or his motorhome.

Thanks!

Mines 20' x 78" x 68" (L x W x H)

Dimmensions for your Shelby GT500 are

Wheelbase is ...(107.1" for both Coupe & Convertibles)

Overall Length (187.6" for both Coupe & Convertibles)

Overall Height @ curb (54.5" Coupe) ( 55.7" Convertible)

Overall Body Width w/o mirrors (73.9" for both Coupe & Convertibles)

Tread Width (front/rear) 61.9" front & 62.5" rear (for both Coupe & Convertibles)

Even though my Bubble is only 78" wide; that's the floor mat size you drive on. Then you inflate the bubble & the clear Plastic "Bows" outward & upward & becomes kind of rounded (not fully round but close). This leaves a good foot of "cushion" between the car & the outer sidewall of the bubble & after you use it a few times, after all those hours of waxing it sure pays off. I also put my car cover on while it's inside if it going to be in there for long periods of time just so it's being used & if the power ever goes out the plastic will land on the car cover & not just the car. Once they get the battery back-up fan & charhging system back in stock I'm getting that too.

Hope this helps & I'll try to snap some photos later today so you can see it.

Dan,

You forgot our newer Mustangs & Shelby's have plastic saddle fuel tanks :doh: but I know what you meant & it was a good reminder tip for those of us approaching the winter months so we don't look like that schmuck on TV in his boat & how he didn't use Stabil fuel treatment in it or his motorhome.

:hysterical::finger:

Actually, I was thinking that any tank (even plastic tanks that don't rot), still accumulates condensation water in an unheated garage over winter (as any tank does). I guess if it's heated, it can overwinter with only a couple of gallons in the the tank (with stabilizer added) and then fill it up with nice fresh gas when it comes out of winter storage.

The alternative is to run it completely dry -- not too practical for car and possibly not a good thing for the injectors -- to eliminates possibility of any fuel evap deposits forming. I do that with the tractor, chainsaws, snowblower, etc everyting that gets stored for more than 60 days or so and they start first shot every time. I have a John Deere tiller I bought 25 years old in 1977 and store it starts on first or second pull after run-dry storage.!

It's the fuel that sits and evaporates in small orafices (like carb-jets and injectors) that leaves hard deposits that cause problems. If stored wet I like Lucas injector cleaner (great stuff! ..and the only one I know of that's not solvent-based) in the last tank in fall and the first tank in the spring ...keeps things running sweet too ;-)

I prefer the run-it-dry approach but may not be practical/safe for a car (dunno). Hence the 'wet' storage with Stabil + Lucas.

SSSnake,

Did you hear back if the 16' would fit?

Archived