TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car Capsule for your car

ColdwaterHotrod

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So does anyone besides me think this is a little over the top?

I don't know why, but I think it's funny.

You couldn't have said it better Theresa. I hope this person is using this just to keep dust/dirt/cat etc off of the car and actually takes it out to drive.

If this is going to be one of those that are sold in 20 years as "totally original, only 15 miles, still has factory plastic..." I think I'll shed a tear for the fool who wasted the opportunity to make 20 years of awesome memories!

So does anyone besides me think this is a little over the top?

I don't know why, but I think it's funny.

Theresa :rockon:

Actually, it's a great idea if you live in Northern Climes' and store your Car away for the Winter.

I'll be putting my Shelby away between December and May. She won't be seeing Salt.

I think that it's a great idea. Air circulates constantly and the Bubble will protect the Car from the Kids taking their Hockey Skates, Nets, Sticks, Tobbogans, Snowmobiles and Dog Sleds out of the Garage.

A simple cover will protect from scratches, but not bangs and bumps like this thing will.

I'm in!!

omfg

It's a friggin car

BLASPHEMY

I bought a bubble for the car, another for the keys for the car, and a third for the literature that preceeded teh car, and came with it.

Maybe you like to half-ass your way to fat profits, but when I turnaround and sell this thing in 3 months for hundreds of thousands of dollars you're gonna feel pretty stupid.

:happy feet:

Guest evilchris

BLASPHEMY

I bought a bubble for the car, another for the keys for the car, and a third for the literature that preceeded teh car, and came with it.

Maybe you like to half-ass your way to fat profits, but when I turnaround and sell this thing in 3 months for hundreds of thousands of dollars you're gonna feel pretty stupid.

:hysterical:

A friend uses a similar product called permabag. He stores his AMX in his uncoditioned barn each winter inside the bag. Included with the bag comes a RH sensor and two large containers of desicant. He claims that the humidity never gets over 50%RH inside the bag. Not bad in a climate where a car can rust under a cotton cover.

www.permabag.com

Actually, it's a great idea if you live in Northern Climes' and store your Car away for the Winter.

I'll be putting my Shelby away between December and May. She won't be seeing Salt.

I think that it's a great idea. Air circulates constantly and the Bubble will protect the Car from the Kids taking their Hockey Skates, Nets, Sticks, Tobbogans, Snowmobiles and Dog Sleds out of the Garage.

A simple cover will protect from scratches, but not bangs and bumps like this thing will.

I'm in!!

Dave:

-It actually isn't as silly as it may sound at first glance for winter storage purposes.

-Varying humidity and temperatures will encourage rust like up in the north where you live.

-It's probably important to keep the air pressure high in order to deflect various projectiles and dog sleds.

-Also congratulations on your "666th" post (OMG).

>>Joe

omfg

It's a friggin car

Trust me EC, driving a car like this on ice and snow all winter will not be fun. Besides, have you ever seen what Salt and Sand does to a car after a few years of winter driving? This is why 1000s of classic American cars from Arizona, California, Florida, etc, are Imported up to Canada. Salt Free = Rust Free.

It would be 'over the top' to Bubble the car everytime you drove in and out of your garage, but for $279US

it's just the thing for winter storage. Living in San Diego, I guess it's hard to imagine?

666 Good one Joe! Oh well, now it's 667!!

Guest evilchris

Trust me EC, driving a car like this on ice and snow all winter will not be fun. Besides, have you ever seen what Salt and Sand does to a car after a few years of winter driving? This is why 1000s of classic American cars from Arizona, California, Florida, etc, are Imported up to Canada. Salt Free = Rust Free.

It would be 'over the top' to Bubble the car everytime you drove in and out of your garage, but for $279US

it's just the thing for winter storage. Living in San Diego, I guess it's hard to imagine?

666 Good one Joe! Oh well, now it's 667!!

Nah I got you bro on the winter storage. I'm thinking that's not the reason that guy has it in the bubble though.

BLASPHEMY

LMAO!

• 1 year later...
Since my garage is not sealed up like a vault, this will help keep the mice out of it when I not driving it in the winter. They also offer a trickle charger/battery back-up for it to keep it charged up & if the power goes out it swiches over to the car battery & can run on it for up to 5 days

hey Coldy,

The trickle charger is for the bubble or the car? BTW, are you going to have your car battery sitting still during the storage or a trickle charger attached?

hey Coldy,

The trickle charger is for the bubble or the car? BTW, are you going to have your car battery sitting still during the storage or a trickle charger attached?

The $69.95 PowerPack is designed to keep your battery fully charged while your vehicle is in storage. In the unlikely event of a power outage, this 12 volt charger will automatically switch over to your vehicle's battery power. This will run the CarCapsule for up to a week if necessary. Once power is restored, the charger will switch back to the household power supply. It will then recharge and maintain a fresh battery. So in other words, my battery will stay in the car.

The $69.95 PowerPack is designed to keep your battery fully charged while your vehicle is in storage. In the unlikely event of a power outage, this 12 volt charger will automatically switch over to your vehicle's battery power. This will run the CarCapsule for up to a week if necessary. Once power is restored, the charger will switch back to the household power supply. It will then recharge and maintain a fresh battery. So in other words, my battery will stay in the car.

Could we please get a photo ?

I'll try to take pics this weekend. I'm in the process of cleaning out & organizing the garage (preparing for winter) so everything will fit inside. But if I had to guess you'll have an extra 3 1/2 to 4ft to add the bike inside so it's protected too. :)

OK.

Now I need to go measure the length of my bike and see if it will fit at an angle.

Archived