TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kenne Bell Plate

I made it to SAI today before they closed. Bryan brought out my 725HP 40th, and the plate was missing. Gary Davis said that the bolts were torqued, then removed and re-torqued with loc-tite. Still, he said that first thing tomorrow morning, they'll take it back in the shop and add the plate, then re-install the bolts again. Just so there's no issues on the drive home tomorrow.

Pics by the end of the week, after I get home. It's like a new car... manomanoman! And I haven't even driven it yet!

Just to give yall a heads up. The KB plate came in this morning. Very easy install. Might take 2 folks to get the belt back on. Here are the pictures of it installed.

Thanks Ken for the parts and instructions

michael morris

Picture090-1.jpg

Picture091.jpg

Picture089.jpg

Just got my bolts in the post this morning

Now all I need is my car

(still on the ship) :headscratch::headscratch:

I made it to SAI today before they closed. Bryan brought out my 725HP 40th, and the plate was missing. Gary Davis said that the bolts were torqued, then removed and re-torqued with loc-tite. Still, he said that first thing tomorrow morning, they'll take it back in the shop and add the plate, then re-install the bolts again. Just so there's no issues on the drive home tomorrow.

Pics by the end of the week, after I get home. It's like a new car... manomanoman! And I haven't even driven it yet!

Congrats and post pics....

Just to give yall a heads up. The KB plate came in this morning. Very easy install. Might take 2 folks to get the belt back on. Here are the pictures of it installed.

Thanks Ken for the parts and instructions

michael morris

Picture090-1.jpg

Picture091.jpg

Picture089.jpg

MIKE--DO YOU HAVE TO RELEASE THE TENSION ON THE BELT TO REPLACE THE BOLTS--AND IF SO HOW DO YOU DO THAT? SOUNDS ELEMENTARY I'M SURE BUT ONLY IF YOU KNOW HOW?

THAT'S AN ALEN WRENCH SOCKET IS THAT CORRECT? I KNOW IT'S AN INCH POUNDS THING NOT FOOT POUNDS. IS IT CORRECT THAT TO DO 150 INCH POUNDS THAT YOU SHOULD DO IT IN INCREMENTS AND NOT ALL 150 AT ONCE?

HEY WHY I EXPECT YOU TO KNOW ALL THAT AND SHARE IT IS BEYOND ME. MAYBE ALL THE ANSWERS WILL BE IN THE MAIL WHEN I GET MY STUFF FROM KENNE BELL.

THANKS MICHAEL

BOB

MIKE--DO YOU HAVE TO RELEASE THE TENSION ON THE BELT TO REPLACE THE BOLTS--AND IF SO HOW DO YOU DO THAT? SOUNDS ELEMENTARY I'M SURE BUT ONLY IF YOU KNOW HOW?

THAT'S AN ALEN WRENCH SOCKET IS THAT CORRECT? I KNOW IT'S AN INCH POUNDS THING NOT FOOT POUNDS. IS IT CORRECT THAT TO DO 150 INCH POUNDS THAT YOU SHOULD DO IT IN INCREMENTS AND NOT ALL 150 AT ONCE?

HEY WHY I EXPECT YOU TO KNOW ALL THAT AND SHARE IT IS BEYOND ME. MAYBE ALL THE ANSWERS WILL BE IN THE MAIL WHEN I GET MY STUFF FROM KENNE BELL.

THANKS MICHAEL

BOB

KB DOES TELL YOU TO LOOSEN THE BELT. THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY THAT IF YOU DONT THE PULLEY WONT STAY STRAIGHT. THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE VERY EASY TO READ. YOU WILL HAVE TO REMOVE THE OVER FLOW CANISTER(2 BOLTS). THEN YOU CAN GET TO THE TENSIOR. TAKING IT OFF CAN BE ONE PERSON, BUT IT WAS ALOT EASIER WITH THE SECOND SET OF HAND TO PUT THE BELT BACK OVER THE PULLEY. 150 INCH POUNDS NOT THAT MUCH. I WAS VERY CLOSE JUST DOING IT WITH THE RACHET, SO BE CAREFUL NOT TO PUT THEM ON TO TIGHT BEFORE YOU TORQUE THEM.

THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE VERY GOOD AND WILL BE EASY TO FOLLOW. THIS IS A SIMPLE THING TO DO.

GLAD I CAN HELP BOB :happy feet:

michael morris

Archived